1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. CurtnoAnna

CurtnoAnna Chieftain

Game locked up once. Now it won't load. Uninstalled and installed again. Black screen and CTD. Never had this with R&R. Permanently removed this, back to R&R.

2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Are you sure you installed the dll file when you reinstalled?

Besides WTP is RAR with bugfixes. There is no known way of breaking WTP, which wouldn't have broken RAR. What's really odd is that reinstalling WTP didn't fix the problem while RAR apparently works. Since you appear to be the only one experiencing this, we will have to consider a problem with your computer, like maybe your HD has bad blocks or something. Regardless of the issue, unless we gain more knowledge of what is going on, then we can't do anything about it.

3. Beetlebug

Beetlebug Chieftain

Hi devolution, It is only the city of Gofthaab that produces a new building/ship etc.with no resources (tools/stone/sailcloth etc) each turn - all of the other cities are working normally.

I am just ignoring the production from this city for now.

Otherwise, the mod is working great.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

4. devolution

devolution Prince

@Beetlebug
    I checked the save and it turns out that production automation was turned on for Godthåb so this is not a bug. I guess the city governor chose to cashrush i.e. hurry the current build.

5. Beetlebug

Beetlebug Chieftain

6. lyciummusic

lyciummusic Chieftain

May have been submitted earlier, or not a real bug, but event where you get Train Oil Cooker for 1500 gold is repeated with a few times if you delete his profession. The thing is, event comes too soon- at least for me. You got to have a navy to go whaling, so those pesky pirates and privateers would back off.

7. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

This is not really a bug report, it is more a "bug question":

What happent to this "Train Oil Manufactury Bug"? reported in RaR exactly.
    Was the event fixed so it is working now correctly (none repeating) or was it deactivated?

Also just so I know:
    Were other events added after RaR 2.5? If yes, which?
    Are they all working? Or are some of them still bugged?

Since I had coded new events several times in RaR I could take a look at broken events as well.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  8. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

If I remember correctly there have been implemented new events after RaR 2.5, but I would need to check the files to figure out which events have been implemented. A check would be great, if you find the time.

9. lyciummusic

lyciummusic Chieftain

I think that event may be removed, I don't remember seeing it on WTP. The bug with this one is it keeps repeating until you have a train oil cooker steadily, while other events (like you are offered another type of colonist) don't fire again if you refuse.

10. raystuttgart

I could try to check and improve / fix. :dunno:

I would however like to know the current status on the events first.
    I don't like to waste my time if everything is working fine.

11. Guynemer

Guynemer King

I have gotten the Train Oil event before, but I've never had it repeat.

12. raystuttgart

I figured out it was fixed correctly. (Still there but non-repeating.)

lyciummusic likes this.
  13. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

14. devolution

devolution Prince

The pet wolf is a feature :) One day you may become the lucky owner if the same event triggers for you :p

Schmiddie and OzzyKP like this.
  15. Tugboatspotter

Tugboatspotter Warlord

I'm not sure if you are aware of these discrepancies:

The hunter is described as being "especially profitable on deer and bison" so one would expect the hunter to gain more than the trapper on these resources, but this is not the case. The trapper gains +1 on furs and +1 food more than the hunter on deer (and I assume bison)
    Currently there seems no reason to use hunters over trappers.

Also, I believe the African slave was adjusted at some point to make it equal to the native slave. This is not the case as the African slave is +1 over the native slave on farming, fishing and most other yields. I don't think this was intended.

16. raystuttgart

Strange, I could swear eveything was balanced perfectly in RaR 2.5
    Will check it. :thumbsup:

17. Tugboatspotter

Tugboatspotter Warlord

I should have mentioned this is on improved resource. On improved deer I am seeing 11 furs and 5 food for hunter and 12 furs and 6 food for trapper.

raystuttgart likes this.
  18. raystuttgart

Just checked and the Experienced Hunter (7 Fur / 3 Food) is still better than the Experienced Trapper (6 Fur / 3 Food).
    At least in the Current Build (we call it "fixes") - But I remember there was a dispay bug in the recently published Beta though which we fixed internally.

Those numbers are of course very close - but as much as I know this was done purposely to make closely related Experts for Professions more interchangeable and valuable.
    (Now Experienced Trappers get a bonus on Furs as well - not only Premium Furs.)

19. raystuttgart

You are correct, the balancing or display (of numbers) is messed up somehow for Improvement Trapper Hut on Deers. :thumbsup:
    Experienced Trapper gets indeed more than Experienced Hunter.

Edit:
    Thanks again for reporting. :)
    It is fixed now (in our internal "fixes" branch) and will be published with next "Improvement Release". :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  20. Zomgy

Zomgy Chieftain

So I was playing the game for 10 or so turns. Then I loaded an auto save. Suddenly the game starts prompting me to decide whether I want extra liberty bells, extra food (or the other option you have). It's the same prompt you get when you first start a settlement. Is this a known bug? Should I upload a save game?