1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

They did change the code so you can't build a monastery adjacent to an Indian village so you can't drain the village of population. Which was always a fun loophole. It drove me crazy right after they changed it because I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

2. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

Why can't we build a Fort?

3. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

Oh, so you are saying player A attacked player B and then captured a unit owned by player C, which just happened to be at the same plot. That indeed sounds like a bug.

At some point in the past forts and monasteries could be build anywhere. It turned out to be way too powerful as it could drain settlements of braves and forts could just shoot at colonies with no risk of losing. Now they can't be placed that close because it was way too powerful.

You do have a point that it's not really clear in the game why it can't be placed. Hovering the mouse over the button should say something like "too close to Caxamalca" or something like that.

4. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

I did, but the text only what is specified in the picture, it is not written why not to build (the text on the bottom left above the map)
    In English it says: the Construction of the Fort. +75% defense of the site. Becomes Large Fort in 50 moves. The cost of 225 gold.
    Then explain to me why European settlers can build their colonies near the FORTS? and also destroy the FORTS, if you build your city right on the Fort?

5. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Yeah, the same plot being an Indian village and the brave being the last defender. I'll try to WB it and attach a save if I can replicate it. As long as the fact that it was strength 2 vet unit isn't a determinate since I don't think you can WB one of those.

6. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

The first whales were immediately (when generating the map).
    The second appeared when the ship was on the same cell.
    I think it's pretty close?

7. devolution

devolution Chieftain

8. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

AI often planted scouts on the island
    where there is nothing to explore and then they do not take, ever.
    (there are examples when the scouts stood until 1800).

9. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

There creates tickets, but Ivan (another tester)
    I feel more comfortable here, the more screenshots will notice people with Russian translation.

10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Chieftain Supporter

I started a new game with the dutch leader Peter Stuyvesant. One of his listed traits is that he grants a free Village Market in every settlement.

After founding my first two settlements neither had a village market. So I thought that perhaps the requirements (having the Village Hall) still needs to be met and bought a village hall in both - still no village market. Could that be a glitch in my game or is that function not working?

11. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

Buildings require HORSES!
    Spoiler :

12. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@eXPonent_123 : It appears that you have -89 horses in the second screenshot :crazyeye:
    Is this a multiplayer game ?

13. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

I have all screenshots from multiplayer, we play 2-4 players. Now let me explain how it happened.
    I stole horses and I decided to click "view settlement", after seeing the settlement, I put the horses on the ship, and then chose to give the horses and got prisoners. After that, I could not build a single building.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  14. ConjurerDragon

In my current game I got the event that a native wants to join me with option 2 to sell him back to his tribe. The option correctly ADDS the amount (the native is sold back) but the events text shows "subtract between 0 and 300 from your treasury". Is that text written from the perspective of the tribe that pays for the native?

Spoiler :

upload_2019-1-12_22-5-32.png

15. Nightinggale

Opened a new issue for this https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/issues/244

You are right. Selling anything should gain money, not cost. However from a gameplay perspective gaining money and relationship could be overpowered and should be reviewed. The random event code needs to be reviewed to be sure precisely what to do here (which I'm not doing right now). Maybe all it needs is new text to make it clear what happens.

At least the other answer needs fixing the hin->him typo.

16. ConjurerDragon

Colopedia text for the village well:
    1st sentence should probably be "Fresh water is essential for the healthiness of human beings."

Spoiler :

upload_2019-1-13_19-26-53.png

17. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

Bug, unloaded from goods jackets (coats) to the ship and got this message (no boycott on fur coats):

18. MujoHrnjica

MujoHrnjica Chieftain

This happens right after "fresh & clean" install.
    Tried to delete, download & install 4 times!
    Has anyone else seen this error?
    upload_2019-1-16_16-43-47.png

19. Nightinggale

Did you move/copy the DLL into asserts as mentioned in the install instructions?

It looks like the next release will have to skip this step even if it means more work for us when releasing. It seems it is more problematic for people than we expected and apparently people doesn't read the install instructions even when running into problems.

ConjurerDragon and Hecur like this.
  20. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Chieftain

TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_JUNGLE_FIRE_3