[We the People] Bug reporting

It is not possible to change the language during the conversation.
Pay attention to the presence of the required amount (in the previous course of the required amount was not, but because of the presence of markets at the beginning of the course of the right money appeared) and the presence of one answer in the conversation (refusal to buy soldiers, etc.)
That's how it should be:

There is no need to translate as we already know the cause of this bug. The king will generate the diplo event during the king player's turn. The event is put in the queue and displayed once the human player has his/her turn. The possible answers are set on event creation and it ignore if the conditions have changed, like the player gaining more money in the meantime. One important factor in this is that a ship arriving in Europe will make the screen jump to Europe before the diplo event is displayed, meaning it's not uncommon to sell a bunch of stuff in Europe and then be met with a lack of money event.

A new diplo screen should solve this issue as well as a bunch of other issues.

Experienced a bug that causes the game to lock up during Portugal's turn. It displays this error, I had to take a photo of the screen because it didn't let me exit using task manager. I have attached the savegame. Thanks for your continued work on the mod.

Attachments

• DSC_1048.JPG
    DSC_1048.JPG
    858.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Dominic AD-1614-July.ColonizationSave
    349.7 KB · Views: 115
Experienced a bug that causes the game to lock up during Portugal's turn.
Technically it's just an assert failure. You should be able to click ignore and continue playing. The AI is however being really stupid meaning there is an AI bug here, which needs to be fixed.

I created a bug report here: https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/issues/262

I have attached the savegame.
This is very helpful because the assert message tells where the error is detected, not where the actual bug is. The savegame however provides very detailed information on what went wrong and where.

Thanks for reporting. The savegame is very helpful in making the AI less stupid when it comes to colony management.

I have experienced two bugs. The first was on the Europe screen, where I cancelled placing material on to a ship by changing the amount to 0 this caused a freeze. The second occurred at the end of the turn, where I experienced a freeze and encountered the message shown in the picture. U̶n̶f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶u̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶m̶e̶

Edit: I have included a save, the error occurs after I attack the Russian settlement which my troops are closest too.

Attachments

• DSC_1049.JPG
    DSC_1049.JPG
    632.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Dominic AD-1614-July.ColonizationSave
    389.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Experienced the bug pictured. I have included a save from the turn after I dismissed it. I have continued experiencing the bug mentioned in the previous post.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1658-January.ColonizationSave
    437.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC_1051.JPG
    DSC_1051.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 170
Question: Can RaR 2.7 and WTP 2.7.1.1 be in the Colonization Mod folder at the same time as 2 separate Mods?
Reason I ask Is I get this pop up during the loading of the game.
xml error msg, There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in:
CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
Current XML file is:: XML\Terrain/Civ4Features.xml

Which if I click okay on the popup then there is a whole cascade of error msg pop ups. And I can not load WTP.

I suppose I have answered my own question that no they can't and it will have to be one or the other. Looking for confirmation. Thanks

EDIT: Found my problem. Did not have 2 city plot Dll in right place.

Last edited:
Question: Can RaR 2.7 and WTP 2.7.1.1 be in the Colonization Mod folder at the same time as 2 separate Mods?
Mods in the MODS folder works independently from each other and it doesn't matter if they are identical, nearly identical or completely different. Personally I have 3 copies of WTP (last stable release for MP gaming, one for bugfixing the latest release and one for long term feature development). They work just fine independently from each other.

And we once again got a reminder that the two DLL files should be turned into one containing a map option for colony catchment radius. The number of people messing up the DLL movement is way too high :sad:

And we once again got a reminder that the two DLL files should be turned into one containing a map option for colony catchment radius. The number of people messing up the DLL movement is way too high :sad:

as an interim solution i would suggest to deliver 2 seperate mod downloads .. - one with 1 city radius - one with 2 city radius dll already installed ...
If one realy need to swap, he know the way ...

Regards

Mods in the MODS folder works independently from each other and it doesn't matter if they are identical, nearly identical or completely different. Personally I have 3 copies of WTP (last stable release for MP gaming, one for bugfixing the latest release and one for long term feature development). They work just fine independently from each other.

I'm not sure if English is the Team main language or not, but just a simple bolding in the readme about the DLL placement, so it stands out would help you all a lot.

Example; Here is current readme section about DLL placement:

3) Install the DLL file:

It's possible to have either 1 or 2 plot radius for colonies, but for the time being it's set at compile time.
Because of this you have to add the DLL file of your liking before running the game.
They are placed in the folders 1 city plot and 2 city plot.

- Copy the file "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" from the folder "1/2 city plot" into the folder /Assets.

My simple suggestion is to Bold and a simple rearrangement of paragraphs like this:

3) Install the DLL file:

- Copy the file "CvGameCoreDLL.dll" from the one of these 2 folder(s) "1 city plot or 2 city plot" into the Folder /Assets.

It's possible to have either 1 or 2 plot radius for colonies, but for the time being it's set at compile time.
Because of this you have to add the DLL file of your liking before running the game.
They are placed in the folders 1 city plot and 2 city plot.

To me this emphaises the necessity of making sure you put 1 of the 2 DLLs into the Assets folder.

And thanks for clearing up the number of Mods with same files too.

Adrian van den Doncks name is in tiny font on the Founding Fathers screen.

I kept on receiving the His majesty has delegated a viceregent event and the bankrupt farmer notifications but neither of them seemed to take place.

The Native AI loves attacking the fort plot upgrade.

Failed Indian raids still steal money.

The AI loves building lots of artillery, especially heavy artillery.

The AI still loves to spam massive stacks of coastal ship.

The AI needs to put more effort into obtaining pioneers and building roads in the early game.

The AI manage to waste most of their REF by attacking a heavily guarded settlement with a Bastion from the sea. I have attached a Save.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1690-January.ColonizationSave
    501.8 KB · Views: 137
Hi guys, thanks a lot for your further commitment to the old RaR and new WtP. I don't post too much here, because I don't have too much time to play, but I start Colo once in a while since my heart feels dragged to it again and again from time to time ^^
A thing I never managed before in RaR was finishing the Statue of the Governor. So I never saw and never questioned that, the way it works right now, is rather useless especially concidering the time that it takes to finish it.
The Village, Town and Regional Market add +2, +4 and +8 to culture per turn, they add +300, +600 and +900 storage capacity and the Founding Father George Fox offers +2, +3 and +4 crosses for them per turn. Don't know if it was intended since it is rather a 'last' building for the end of the game, but if it is done earlier (I bought it with gold after a while) it is disappointing. Of course it is not as important to the game, but maybe you guys will find a few minutes some day to add a bit of a bonus to it ;)

...but even if not, I really appreciate your work here guys!!

Last edited:
When we were trying different ways to play, one of our challenges was to see how fast you could build it. I don't remember what our earliest date was, but it was just another one of our fun ways to play. I have a twin brother so we liked those challenges. Our most recent one using we the people was a "revolutionary level" independence win in 1530 AD. Granted the map was a bit tricked up but taking less than 40 turns is pretty freaky.

In the encyclopaedia and the tooltip are wrong stats for the veteran soldiers.
E.g. Veteran Calvary it says Strength 1 , same for the other veteran units...

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your further commitment to the old RaR and new WtP. I don't post too much here, because I don't have too much time to play, but I start Colo once in a while since my heart feels dragged to it again and again from time to time ^^
A thing I never managed before in RaR was finishing the Statue of the Governor. So I never saw and never questioned that, the way it works right now, is rather useless especially concidering the time that it takes to finish it.
The Village, Town and Regional Market add +2, +4 and +8 to culture per turn, they add +300, +600 and +900 storage capacity and the Founding Father George Fox offers +2, +3 and +4 crosses for them per turn. Don't know if it was intended since it is rather a 'last' building for the end of the game, but if it is done earlier (I bought it with gold after a while) it is disappointing. Of course it is not as important to the game, but maybe you guys will find a few minutes some day to add a bit of a bonus to it ;)

...but even if not, I really appreciate your work here guys!!

you can change that in file 'CIV4BuildingInfos.xml'. I prefer to change it as a hard-to-build building, like a Palace or even a bit harder (including silver and stuff), but still doable in an acceptable long time.
XML are a powerful mini-mod-mod tool. I also use to add the ability of Scouts to appear in Docks, and a few other things that make my games to work in a way a like more.

I've just gotten back into Civ4:Col, and installed this mod. But when I try and play it, I get a effectively infinite stack of dialog boxes (as pictured):
siblings than memory bug.PNG

almost all of which refer to XML errors. It's a fresh boot, with the 2 plot radius DLL.

I presume this isn't meant to happen?

Did you install the latest patch?
Did you copy the 2plot dll to the right folder?

Last edited:
almost all of which refer to XML errors. It's a fresh boot, with the 2 plot radius DLL.
Looks like a failure to place the DLL file in the correct location. You are supposed to have Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

The reason why using the wrong DLL (or none) causes xml errors is because the DLL file has assumptions about the xml files. We changed those assumptions to allow storing more data.

Maybe a dll should be placed in the right folder (assets\) as default, and the other one in another folder (like they are now) as an alternative. That will prevent this issue to keeps appearing all the time here, and it will be more direct understanding on where to place the other dll if anybody wants to change the city radius, just replacing them.

Top Bottom