• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What Are You Reading, Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metaphysical Horror - by Leszek Kolakowski

Turner said:
Finally plugging through Avengers, by Fredrick Forsythe. It's pretty good, so far.

:thumbsup:

Just finished Sacred Stone by Clive Cussler, now reading The Ambler Warning by Robert Ludlum.

just finished "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King, now started "Dune: The Machine Crusade" by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

-Joshua by Joseph Girzone (For school, but it's extremely well written, and I actually enjoy it)
-The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

thetrooper said:
:thumbsup:

Just finished Sacred Stone by Clive Cussler, now reading The Ambler Warning by Robert Ludlum.

Is Sacred Stone one of his collaborations? I understand his wife died, and he essentially stopped writing. I don't think he's done a Dirk Pitt book in a while.

My mom gave me a bunch of his books when she moved. I haven't read all of them yet, but they're there.

And Avengers was pretty cool. It would have been interesting to see if the Avenger had waited a month before doing his mission....that's all the spoiler's you're gonna get outta me.

Turner said:
Is Sacred Stone one of his collaborations? I understand his wife died, and he essentially stopped writing. I don't think he's done a Dirk Pitt book in a while.

Yup, co-authored with Craig Dirgo.

Turner said:
My mom gave me a bunch of his books when she moved. I haven't read all of them yet, but they're there.

Disappointed by Sacred Stone, I won't read the others too soon.

Turner said:
And Avengers was pretty cool. It would have been interesting to see if the Avenger had waited a month before doing his mission....that's all the spoiler's you're gonna get outta me.

Yeah, extending fiction to RL that would have been very interesting indeed...

Akhhorus said:
Misquoting Jesus by Bart Erichman

Typo correction: it's Ehrman. I've got his lectures on tape on the history of early Christianity, wonderful stuff.

I just finished a great book, "American gods" by Neil Gaiman. I strongly advise it. Right now I'm reading "The Years of Rice and Salt", by Kim Stanley Robinson, really good too. And before that it was "Roma Eterna" by Silverberg, which was also a great book.

thetrooper said:
Disappointed by Sacred Stone, I won't read the others too soon.

Yeah, I won't read them either. I tried to read part of one, and gave up pretty quick. Can't even remember which one it was! :lol:

thetrooper said:
Yeah, extending fiction to RL that would have been very interesting indeed...

Indeed. That one kinda played with me a bit after I put it down. It was definately a 'Whoa!' moment.
---
Currently reading Under Fire, by WEB Griffin. And King of Foxes, Raymond Fiest.

Masquerouge said:
... Right now I'm reading "The Years of Rice and Salt", by Kim Stanley Robinson, really good too. ...
While I enjoyed this book, I always had troubles accepting the original set up, as that, AFAIK, is unscientific (a disease that deadly would die probably die out before spreading so far).

Collapse by Jared Diamond, and the usual university stuff...
Next should be a sci-fi classic and later some tyrant's biography (Mao or Stalin, haven't decided yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom