What are your goals for 2023?

Narz

keeping it real
I'll come back w some.

For now I'll say one is to keep meditating daily (up to 32 minutes) which I started Jan 9th.

Hbu?

To make this a lil different you can add personal goals but also hopes for friends, family members and the world in general. Not that those are within your control of course but wider hopes can help inform personal goals.

2023 should be a busy year for me. I complete on a derelict flat hopefully next week, so for the foreseeable months I will be flat out with renovating that. Once that is done I will move into that flat, and start renovating my current home. It is a Grade1 listed building, so the experience will be considerably more complex!

My short term goal at the moment is to fully come out. I was going to wait until after I see a doctor but as I have no idea when that will happen, I've decided on my birthday.

My other goals are to actually try learning how to play the guitar. I did try many years ago but I had to give it up for many reasons but I'm trying to start again.

Another is one I've been waiting for decades, actually being able to draw every day. At the moment it's just practice but I want to try and be able to draw a picture at least once a month.

Another is to finally finish one of my writing projects.

To still be here at the time of the "What did you achieve in 2023?" thread.

I walk on nice days and keep a pace of 15 minutes per mile for two miles or more depending upon the day and my motivation. The last time I did push ups was in HS. I've decided to add push ups to my routine to see how many I can do at a "sitting" by June.

I walk on nice days and keep a pace of 15 minutes per mile for two miles or more depending upon the day and my motivation. The last time I did push ups was in HS. I've decided to add push ups to my routine to see how many I can do at a "sitting" by June.
Just ran the furthest ever, training for a half.

Screenshot_20230127_192318_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

OMG I did a half marathon once and my feet hurt so bad for days and days after. Never again LOL. If you do weight training without giving yourself a ton of rest in between sets/exercises you can get that heart rate up.

OMG I did a half marathon once and my feet hurt so bad for days and days after. Never again LOL. If you do weight training without giving yourself a ton of rest in between sets/exercises you can get that heart rate up.
This run has left me with lots of pain, but it's all progress!

Muscle mass is a major factor in longevity, plus strength training is great for food. Never too early to start. And push-ups are great cause you can do them anytime anywhere

Get my social life back up to or above 2019 levels. 2022 was better than 2021 was better than 2020, but there is still room to improve. Already found one social club that I plan to attend regularly going forward, probably want to find another couple beyond that as well.

Establish a long-term relationship. I've concluded it's probably easier to meet people in real life than online, so the first goal should help with this one as well.

At least somewhat maintain my 2021/2022 levels of fitness. I don't aim to exceed what I accomplished in those years as my schedule is busier now, but I hope to stay above pre-pandemic levels.

Top Bottom