What Civilization Unit do You Miss The Most?

The Sipahi animation was the coolest. + They moved 3 squares and owned regular cavalry during their era.
Probably too powerful, but it was still clearly my favorite unit.

One of my greatest military campaign was done with this unit. One of my allies on the other side of a huge map (a kind of U shaped-pangea) was getting destroyed by my main rival. I was on one side of the U, they were on the other.
I had very few ships (pangea!). Therefore, I sent all my Sipahis on a furious race across the whole continent, passing through 4 or 5 civilizations before getting to the battlefield. They managed to save the day. What a ride!

I too miss the partisans from civ 2, and helicopter transports from civ 3. Why civ 4 dont have ground and air transport (airport doesnt count) anyway?

Alpine Troops and Caravans!! And adding my settlers to cities, although, that's more of an ability than a unit...

I also miss my Phalanx holding their own against a Battleship waaaaaay back in the day. Is it wrong that spears beat a modern marvel? Yes, but it felt good!! Ahh, the good ole days..... (Do I still have CIV I and a 386 somewhere?:p )

I forgot about the fundamentalists! They were cool.

And didn't barbarians used to at least give you a chance to bribe them first?
That came in handy sometimes.

Alpine Troops and Caravans!! And adding my settlers to cities, although, that's more of an ability than a unit...

I also miss my Phalanx holding their own against a Battleship waaaaaay back in the day. Is it wrong that spears beat a modern marvel? Yes, but it felt good!! Ahh, the good ole days..... (Do I still have CIV I and a 386 somewhere?:p )

Just use virtualisation!! Works a charm. I use Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, with Win95 installed. Then install the good old Civ games and play to your heart's content.

Fanatics...I never saw the point in them myself.

From civ1 I miss the caravan and the diplomat.

The armor unit from civ1 was cool too.... I can recall I was really afraid when they turned around the corner, when they were in a colour than I was. :S

-sigh- the good old days.

Aye, fundamentalism solved a lot of problems back in the days :king:

Caravan and diplomat get my vote(s) as well.

Though a Polish Calvary or French rifleman with 100% chance of withdrawal (flee) would be good as well as an additional unit.

Caravan and diplomat get my vote(s) as well.

Though a Polish Calvary or French rifleman with 100% chance of withdrawal (flee) would be good as well as an additional unit.

Hahaha very funny.

Polish Calvary were knights that could be Cossacks. Is that funny? I don't think so. I think it means we had one of the strongest units for the time.

If it was included then it would have an advantage to Pikemen and the Pikes special effect against horses would be gone.

Even with BTS, I miss the Civ 2 spy.

I miss Sipahi and Ragnar portrait.And this Freights.

I liked the Alpine unit. The problem with caravans is that they made it easy to hog all the medieval and later wonders.

Top Bottom