What Civilization Unit do You Miss The Most?

Yeah..... she was hot!

I miss engineers. . Well, mostly it's their terraforming abiliys I miss ;)

I also liked the crappy triremes from civ2, that could enter ocean, but would have a random chance of getting sunk each turn they end on an ocean tile.

Word... specially the Trireme(or Galley -- Viking UU maybe?) that can "risk it" on the ocean. Give it a 50% chance of sinking and it will be balanced just fine.

Word... specially the Trireme(or Galley -- Viking UU maybe?) that can "risk it" on the ocean. Give it a 50% chance of sinking and it will be balanced just fine.

Hehe, i remember save+load abusing the Trireme journey across the world in the earlier games, to contact the other continent, and circumnavigate. Lame ;)

Graphically, I miss the battles between the CIVIII Infantry and the Elephant(which had extra hitpoints).

Those elephants would thunder around, and the doughboy would put his bayonet up to the elephant's headplate and fire, cycle his bolt-action rifle, and fire....until one of them fell.

I miss the horse units you got from the Statue of Zeus in Civ 3 Warlords. It was great to build that wonder and have your military needs taken care of for a little while.

I also miss the caravans that could make a "food trade route"

Yes. That was nice! and quite realistic too!

From civ 2, I'd also go with the Dragons. I always liked early modern times cavalries.

Dragons would be cool - like the one in Fall From Heaven.

Hi

Honestly what I miss more than units from civ2 is the movies. I mean I would tend to build wonders not for their benefits as much as JUST so I could see the movies hehe. Hanging guardens was very pretty and the Universal Suffrage was funny and I like th emusic on Leonardo's workshop. And listening to the speech from Henry V after building Billy's theatre. And NO MATTER how many times I did it and knew it was coming I would ALWAYS jump out of my chair when Manhatten project got done and before the movie started there was that HUGE BOOM! sound and then scary guitar music.

And the council was just PERFECT from having elvis guy be entertainment advisor to banker guy going "we are rich, rich, RICH!!" to the army advisor saying "We NEED barracks or else WHERE would our men rest their MIGHTY lances??"

I was kinda ticked when I first got civ3 and saw they got rid of one of the BEST parts of civ2 and except for maybe th emusic when u build rock n roll the movies in civ4 DONT EVEN come close to to even try to compare to civ2 movies.

You know when Civ2 dropped the movies I rem some ppl said it was because they were probably too expensive to redo for civ3 but now in civ4 I dont believe it because I bet the TOTAL of civ2 movies didnt cost HALF of what Nimoy got for narrating science techs. It would have been nice if they brought back the old movies and council. They were VERY fun :)

Kaytie

I miss the horse units you got from the Statue of Zeus in Civ 3 Warlords. It was great to build that wonder and have your military needs taken care of for a little while.

I also miss the caravans that could make a "food trade route"

Wasn't there some kind of Knights Templar wonder that also gave you free units - Knights Hospitaliers???

I miss the CivIII infantry the most.

It was just a little more universal than civIV's. Now all civs infantry look like Americans with M1s!

I miss the CivIII infantry the most.

It was just a little more universal than civIV's. Now all civs infantry look like Americans with M1s!

Have you seen the Varietas Delectat mod? Each civ type has unique units - the African civs have a spy that looks like Foxy Brown. (the movie character, not the rapper)

Civ II Crusaders with 5 attack and 1 defence. I loved those guys and built tonnes of them. They seemed so much more usefull than Knights with 4 and 3. A designated attack unit.

I loved those Civ3 Knight Templar dudes. Because the idea of a wonder providing a unique unit was cool, and because they were great to build frontline fortifications :D

I kind of miss the English manowar and american F-15. I know in terms of practicality, the redcoat and SEAL are better - they're easier to use most of the time and make more of a difference in the game, but I thought that the older UU's had more flavour. It was nice to play as Brittania and rule the seas! And it was cool to play as America and rule the skies!

Agreed. The bribe city option was so rediculously handy.

Hehe, yea, i remember buying myself a victory from time to time :)

Honestly what I miss more than units from civ2 is the movies.

Agreed! I always got goosebumps from watching the SETI program movie. Spooky! Hanging Gardens was a favourite, together with Darwin's Voyage. Simply gotta love these. Now im gonna go home and find my Civ2 Disc and copy those movies over and watch them all over again :)

However, look at this. Found it when scanning a web folder stuffed with old screenshots :

Caravan was really useful to speed up Wonders. I remember I always had a stock of caravans ready to build my favorite ones: Leonardo's Workshop, Michaelangelo's Chapel or Hoover Dam :)

I miss transport which could have carried 8 units. And carrier packed full
of stealth bombers :) Two fleets of carrier, missile cruisers, battleships
which "parked" near your enemy shore could have made porkchops of his defense units. And then transport unloading mech infs to capture the empty cities :)

And Pibbz: the first game on your list: WHOAAAA! Nice! 401%! I noticed you really like Hammurabi :)

And Pibbz: the first game on your list: WHOAAAA! Nice! 401%! I noticed you really like Hammurabi :)

Hehe, didnt play any other civ in civ2, really loved the babylonians (inspired by the hanging gardens way before i even knew what Civilization was). Too bad they didnt quite live up to the standards in Civ3 and Civ4 :(

Caravans, Freights, Engineers, and all the dinosaurs from the Fantastic Worlds mod

Engineers that can modify terrain ( from civ2 ).

Top Bottom