What does it take for me to get into Heaven?

This is the impression I usually get as well. Having a specific theological construct in mind and believing it to be true is what seems to really count. Only God can preordain that you'll come to believe it's true, and you can't fake belief in the absence of this act of election.

Anything else is salvation by works.

Since this is not christian opinion thread let me answer this as well. It seems that every human or animal or other soul goes to Heaven (souls world). But the quality of heaven differs so the animal soul will retire to its consciousness specific plain and so on.

There may be very rare exceptions though.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

1 John 5:11-13 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Matthew 19:24-26 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved ? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved

John 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. <[> John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved,

Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved

Romans 5:9-10 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

What does it take for me to get into Heaven?

Crony christianty. You have to know somebody to get in. Absolutely zero chance anyone earns a ticket.

Crony christianty. You have to know somebody to get in. Absolutely zero chance anyone earns a ticket.

Exactly.

Anne Frank went from a Nazi oven to a Jesus oven.

Don't blame me. I'm not the one who did it ( the former or the latter.) The best part: This represents perfect justice.

INB4: Weak-ass deathbed conversion speculation and deflection. Nobody sincerely believes she converted.

Anne Frank went from a Nazi oven to a Jesus oven.
In the interest of accuracy, neither Frank nor her bodily remains every were inside an oven. After she fell to her death, he body was not disposed of until after allied liberation, when she was buried in a mass grave.

Mistercooper was your post full of quotes done from memory?

In the interest of accuracy, neither Frank nor her bodily remains every were inside an oven. After she fell to her death, he body was not disposed of until after allied liberation, when she was buried in a mass grave.

Well, I'll concede a factual error then. The thrust of my point is the same:

Anne Frank is in hell unless you butcher Christian soteriology.

I don't see how she gets out of hell unless you graft a significant amount of humanism onto Christianity.

EDIT: Perhaps there is some non-wishthinking based doctrine I'm unaware of that justifies it. I just don't see it.

One of the things keeping people from God is they just can't believe that God will forgive them. "My sins are too terrible". Of course we largely deny them and being defensive strike out at the very idea of God.

But its really hard to believe that forgiveness is possible when we detest ourselves for being ourselves. We fear that we are just beyond help, and this holds wherever on the spectrum of human behavior we reside. We judge ourselves irredeemable and are rightly suspicious of any hint that this might not be the case.

After all, life teaches us that if something seems too good to be true it almost always is. The idea that you can believe yourself free of the consequence of sin is like a line from PT Barnum (a sucker born every minute).

But here is the thing, we repent and ask for forgiveness but the work is God's. Salvation is the act of God. There is never a promise of escaping the conseqence of sin in the this world, nor shall we escape the judgement after. Only that God will pass over in the moment of His wrath. Mercy.

Well, I'll concede a factual error then. The thrust of my point is the same:

Anne Frank is in hell unless you butcher Christian soteriology.
You do realize the mainline theological belief is Universal Reconciliation right?
Not to mention accepted doctrine of Salvation among the largest Christian Church on earth totally allows for Anne Frank's salvation.

You are selecting and advocating a very specific and very minor view on soteriology, and I would like to know why? Do you genuinely believe this is a doctrinally correct view, and if so, why? Especially since you also seem to view this as less than perfect good?
If you are not a firm believer in the Truth of this doctrine, why have you chosen it as the "correct" view?

You do realize the mainline theological belief is Universal Reconciliation right?

I know a good handful of Christians and I don't know any Universalists. Also, the "Truth" isn't meant to be taken as a Democratic affair.

Not to mention accepted doctrine of Salvation among the largest Christian Church on earth totally allows for Anne Frank's salvation.

See above.

You are selecting and advocating a very specific and very minor view on soteriology, and I would like to know why?

Because it makes the most sense to me. It accounts for God's sovereignty, omnipotence and omniscience. I don't accept the tortured views that apologists cook up to "rescue" God from the inevitable consequences of his properties. He must be the author of every deed and every decision by definition. The difference between "single predestination" and "double predestination" is a dishonest word game.

Do you genuinely believe this is a doctrinally correct view, and if so, why?

Yes, I do think that if Christianity turns out to be true it will be this type of Christianity. Again, see above.

Especially since you also seem to view this as less than perfect good?

Of course it's less than a perfect good. It is, in fact, evil. Unless we change the definition of Evil to be something so arcane that it's nearly meaningless as commonly used, anyhow.

If you are not a firm believer in the Truth of this doctrine, why have you chosen it as the "correct" view?

Because softballing Christian doctrine ain't my job.

I'd recommend pursuing theoretical physics. Eventually, we'll be able to use supercollider/fusion/blackhole technology to create rifts in the multidimensions. Using quantum teleportation, we'll re-write your essence into one that's capable of surviving in alternate realities.

TLDR, we'll 'port you there. Basically, we're reverse-engineer what angels do when they take corporeal form.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I dont know the original Jesus sentence. I dont know the first original Bible writing. But even if this is the correct way- the way it was pronounced I would have to ask what "Jesus" in this instance means. Jesus here represents the infinite consciousness it does not mean that if you are budhist or hindu or nonbeliever you will burn in hell for ever or such a crap...

You need to start by taking on board a whole bunch of credulousness.

After that, you might be anywhere, yet convinced it was heaven.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
. . yadda yadda ..
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

citation...

Since this is not christian opinion thread let me answer this as well. It seems that every human or animal or other soul goes to Heaven (souls world). But the quality of heaven differs so the animal soul will retire to its consciousness specific plain and so on.

There may be very rare exceptions though.
No, this isn't about Christianity at all. I'm interested in what I would have to change in my life to be considered worthy of Heaven. Since your interpretation has different levels of the quality of Heaven, it's not really a question you can answer.

Still, an interesting take, and thanks for sharing.
Romans 3:23 [....] Lord shall be saved.
Please read the OP again and I hope you'll give it another shot.

Don't dread any Gotchas or me pointing inconsistencies I happen to think are in the answer. I am looking for specific unambiguous changes in my life which will change my fate as a believer in Heaven sees it.

edit: I am a little disappointed that 2 devout Christians are shrugging this off and just decide to throw some scripture my way.

MisterCooper said:
One of the things keeping people from God is they just can't believe that God will forgive them. "My sins are too terrible".

Funny you say that everyone can go to heaven as long as you believe you can where you will be happy for eternity and see all the people you loved again, and then say this in the same post:

MisterCooper said:
After all, life teaches us that if something seems too good to be true it almost always is.

"With God all things are possible."

Oh, sweet. Well, my wife was an atheist when she died, could you make sure she goes to heaven with me?

"With God all certain things are possible."

Hrmm. Well, that's a bummer.

Top Bottom