what if the goverment MADE you go to war?

fight or flee

• Total voters
Double Barrel said:
For an invasion of the U.S., I would be fighting before they had a chance to draft me

I don't think I was clear earlier with regards to a defensive war. I said "would not resist" the draft, but to clarify that I will say that I too would absolutely have volunteered in such a case.

I already served for 2 years in the military. (it is compulsory). With my status as a medical officer attached to the central command and after 18 months of visiting units and formation I'm 100% sure that in case of war with one of our bordering nation, the number of casualties during the draft will be such, as to make any military operation impossible.In the Imia crisis with Turkey a regiment was stranded on a beach for 3 hours, expecting the invasion waiting for the supply officer to be awaken.By the end of the crisis some 8 hours later they had not yet receive ammo...And I heard that things were even worst on the other side...

GerrardCapashen said:
I don't think I was clear earlier with regards to a defensive war. I said "would not resist" the draft, but to clarify that I will say that I too would absolutely have volunteered in such a case.

ditto

10 character limit

I would "FLEE to CANADA!!!" since I'm not 18 and my life is more important than an Imperialistic war that I refer to as Vietnam II.

I would fight. This is a war for liberation, whether liberation was the politicians' motive or not.

^No it wasn't. Remember the corprationists claiming that "Saddam Hussien has close ties with al Qaeda.™" We were not there to liberate people. We weren't even there for the quote I mentioned. As you know what I will say, I feel that I do not need to go on.

Well, the people were liberated in the end. (You have to agree that chances are the new, secularized democratic government will be better than Saddam Hussein!:crazyeye: )

OT: I thought they had video footage of some of Saddam's closest men conferring with Al-Qaeda operatives...

If the Canadian government introduced the draft, where would Canadians flee?

Greenland? Mexico?

SuperBeaverInc. said:
If the Canadian government introduced the draft, where would Canadians flee?
They would hide in their igloos.

ybbor said:
Greenland? Mexico?

Maybe we could flee to the United States. But then what if the US introduced the draft...it would be a never ending circle!

I'll fight. Online atleast. I wouldn't meet the fitness requirements for the army though ("poor" vision, etc.).

If the government made me go to war, it means all is lost and theyre scraping the bottom of the barrel. I cant imagine that there would be a worse soldier in the world than me. Id be a great General though. If only I could enlist and skip right to the General part.

Highgeneral said:
Ok lets say tomorrow the goverment brought back the daft and and they made you go to Iraq, would you go? I would go any time but some people would go to Canada. What would yo do fight or flea.

I would fight. It might help that I believe in the war though.

I think would try and haggle with them. My first choice would be to drive an MBT and my second would be to be the guy with the flame thrower (as i'm a lousy shot and I might actually get a bad guy with a flame thrower or squish him with the tank).
I don't actually understand people who say they will run to another country if they were being faced with the prospect of being drafted for a war they didn't believe in. I would stand my ground and tell the government to go hang if it was war I didn't agree with. And live with the consequences or not live whatever the case maybe.
I can envisage a situation regardless of whether I agreed with the war or not where i would not fight. And that would be if war was declared by a conservative government, in that scenario I would be too busy in campaigning or agitating for the complete dissolution of the union to be bothered with foreign stuff.

I'd rather go to Canada & teach those boys how to play hockey! ;)

Top Bottom