What is Fall Further? Feature List and FAQ

Thanks both of you.

So, I guess the same should be said about my gnolls. Someone suggested it in the Ngomele thread I think. It would be tricky to say that they are the creation of another god... Or maybe they just evolved and haven't the spark.

Not sure where this question gets asked, so I thought here might be good. As a newcomer to FF, i was SHOCKED to see that I lost a game to a Lightning Cultural victory. I was playing a custom game, as I prefer maps with more opponents in a living world with aggressive AI.

My question is, what are the standard victory settings on a normal "play game" game.

Thanks

The quick/lightning victory conditions are the same as the normal versions, but with a lower requirement.

I find them silly personally, but I could see them being useful for lan parties or such, where the players have a limited time together.

You can change what victory conditions are applicable in the custom game screen. To be honest, I only ever use "play game" for quick testing of a tweak. Whenever playing seriously, I use Custom game. Everyone should. so much more control over things.

In the unpatched version I think the problem of Lightning being the default choice was present, but if you are up to date it SHOULD be fixed so that the "normal" time scales are set by default (changed the order of them was all)

What are the little icons next to the tribe name? Right now playing as Malakim, i have a sunburst next to my name. I have also seen a wolf next to the Doviello and a small tree next to the Grigori.

I know the wolf means = at peace with animals.
A sort of head with a blindfold (?) = at peace with barbarians.
A demon head = at peace with demons.

I don't what the other symbols mean...

The sort of head with a blindfold is an orc head, they are the same image as used on the flags for each Barbarian Civ, just get hard to see :)

Sun Mana Icon means you have Light of Lugus effect (all invisible units in your territory are visible to you), Shadow Mana Icon means you have Chosen of Esus effect (all your units not in cities in your territory are invisible), and Nature Mana icon means you have Dowsing active (can see all resources on the map)

The sort of head with a blindfold is an orc head, they are the same image as used on the flags for each Barbarian Civ, just get hard to see :)

Sun Mana Icon means you have Light of Lugus effect (all invisible units in your territory are visible to you), Shadow Mana Icon means you have Chosen of Esus effect (all your units not in cities in your territory are invisible), and Nature Mana icon means you have Dowsing active (can see all resources on the map)

Great, thanks for the info.

What does Republic actually do? I have been running the civic for quite sometime, and have not seen any Elections taking place. How often are they supposed to happen?

What does Republic actually do? I have been running the civic for quite sometime, and have not seen any Elections taking place. How often are they supposed to happen?

Not nearly often enough is the best answer I can give you on that one :). As to what they do:
Each election has a choice between two options. Your first choice has an 80% chance of the first option and a 20% chance of nothing happening. Your second choice is the same for the second option, and the third choice is a 50% chance of either. Most often, you get a choice between two traits (Aggressive or Defender is the one I've gotten the most, but also seen Spiritual, Organized, Industrious, and Philosophical have also shown up), but occasionally you get a choice between Great People.
That's been my experience so far, there may be other things I haven't encountered yet.

Not nearly often enough is the best answer I can give you on that one :). As to what they do:
Each election has a choice between two options. Your first choice has an 80% chance of the first option and a 20% chance of nothing happening. Your second choice is the same for the second option, and the third choice is a 50% chance of either. Most often, you get a choice between two traits (Aggressive or Defender is the one I've gotten the most, but also seen Spiritual, Organized, Industrious, and Philosophical have also shown up), but occasionally you get a choice between Great People.
That's been my experience so far, there may be other things I haven't encountered yet.

Thanks, in some ways I feel that Republic is lacking when those elections don't happen.

how does the AI handle naval behaviour in 051? I'd like to start a game with a continents like map, but I don't want to find out that the AI is crap at that 200 turns in it :lol:

Well, Gekko, in a game I just completed earlier today, the Bannor were in a lone, tiny continent - think Australia. They never made any off-island cities, and I didn't see any boats by the time I found them.

The Scions of Patria were in an island just South of where I started, it was smaller than the Bannor's island, but the Scions were pretty close to the large continent I was on, which had five other civs on it. The Scions never went off-island either, nor did they make any boats...

So, yeah. I don't think they'll be conquering foreign landmasses any time soon. The naval tech tree probably one of the last tech lines they research.

I won a religious victory - only me and the Malakim founded religions... Plus all of the civs had absolutely terrible economies... the Bannor and Scions had giant armies, though, because they never fought anyone.

Unrelated, but I can't think of anywhere to ask, how does the Sheaim ritual Elegy of the Sheaim work in FF, exactly? I was producing them like a madman until I realized that the AC wasn't going up at all from (at least) some of 'em.

Edit: I should have been more specific: does Elegy of the Sheaim stop working after a certain amount have been made, because it wasn't increasing the raw AC, either.

that's because the ritual raises the raw armageddon counter ( which depends on map size and other stuff ) , while the one that's shown in the interface is a percentage.

anyway, awww that's sad about AIs. notque's modmod had them capable of doing fine... we need him back :lol:

keep creepers alive. plant them somewhere on the edge of your empire and forget about them for 100 turns or so. They mainly act as scouts and watch for enemies, but if they live long enough they can become haunted lands, or sacrifice themselves to damage incoming invaders.

Thanks, in some ways I feel that Republic is lacking when those elections don't happen.

They do happen, it is just random and far between. I have gotten 4-6 per game some times (I run republic a lot)

BTW If you chose the 80/20 and loose then I believe you do not lose the trait from last the last election.

Top Bottom