What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

If you go to the actual flag page on Wikipedia (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Flag_of_Most_Serene_Republic_of_Venice.svg), you can find the one specific purple color that everyone's been talking about in the SVG source code.

The first occurrence is on line 154, there's a line that starts like this: "style="fill:#6622a2;". That's the purple. No color picking tools needed. I would imagine that there's similar code for the cream, but I'm too lazy to find it.

I still don't like the idea of Venice, though. Blah.

Guys, Venice had a blind leader who led the Republic in the Fourth Crusade and sacked Constantinople. And people want the Ukraine? ;)

It also had a substantial international trade network, exploration (Marco Polo), and was extremely cultured. They all have to do with BNW.

Guys, Venice had a blind leader who led the Republic in the Fourth Crusade and sacked Constantinople. And people want the Ukraine? ;)

It also had a substantial international trade network, exploration (Marco Polo), and was extremely cultured. They all have to do with BNW.
And merchants smuggling dead saints. I love that part! :lol:

Part of me thinks that Enrico Dandolo as a leaderhead might be much of the reason Firaxis wanted to put in Venice, sort of in the same vein as Attila and his Huns. He's just too cooooool

Can it be Venezuela with Simon Bolivar? or Venezuela/Gran Colombia is a card out of the deck?

a few possible explanations:

1) the exception that proves the rule

You are misusing that phrase

Exception that proves the rule is a situation like "No Parking on Sundays" proves that parking is allowed Monday through Saturday. Using it in this context is the same as saying "I have no explanation, I'm just going to say it's an exception." It may very well be an exception, but it doesn't "prove the rule."

2) they are including most important italian cities but not all so that there are still City states representing the area

If I had to pick the most important Italian cities in the Renaissance, I would go:
Florence
Rome
Tie between Milan and Venice (Venice gets the edge as being important for much more than the Renaissance, but Milan was the dominant Italian land power). I can't particularly see why they would be left out.

Plus, we can always say that Italian City States civ also falls under I and fails the alphabet theory :p

None. Shawnee would get red and black

They would have to have changed the barbarian colors in that case? Of course, that would explain the Tomahawk warrior as well...

I'll admit, having the leader be some blind guy sounds pretty cool.

If any dev are around here. Please tell the leaderhead maker that I want Enrico Dandolo swing his sword around like madman shouting Italian version of "Die! Die! Die!" :rotfl:

None. Shawnee would get red and black
Too bad that is Poland's.

Can it be Venezuela with Simon Bolivar? or Venezuela/Gran Colombia is a card out of the deck?

Colombia is out, and I don't see a civ called Venezuela having a chance, not when they could call it Colombia or Gran Colombia, and have a much better city list.

They would have to have changed the barbarian colors in that case? Of course, that would explain the Tomahawk warrior as well...

The tomahawk's colors were placeholders, because the NA civ was made later than the others, due to the Pueblo fiasco.

Part of me thinks that Enrico Dandolo as a leaderhead might be much of the reason Firaxis wanted to put in Venice, sort of in the same vein as Attila and his Huns. He's just too cooooool

I don't want to be the poor bastard who gets into to trouble with Enrico.

Look at this guy and tell me if you believe your coastal cities are safe. :satan:

I don't want to be the poor bastard who gets into to trouble with Enrico.

Look at this guy and tell me if you believe your coastal cities are safe. :satan:

Oh snap! Crossbow boat units?

The tomahawk's colors were placeholders, because the NA civ was made later than the others, due to the Pueblo fiasco.

Why placeholder colors? It takes two seconds to add a color. In fact, why not use the Pueblo's colors as a placeholder. Why barbarian colors? Why include them in a screenshot? Why not wait until they have more final work.

The only clearly unfinished art shown was in the featurette and that seems to be done to accommodate Morgan Sheppard's schedule. Official screenshots have always been more polished, but you have to assume that they released a poorly done screenshot with a unit with unfinished colors of a civ that doesn't even appear anywhere on the minimap.

If any dev are around here. Please tell the leaderhead maker that I want Enrico Dandolo swing his sword around like madman shouting Italian version of "Die! Die! Die!" :rotfl:
Oh, that'd be awesome!

*Laughs cruelly, stands and draws a sword*
"Questo cieco anziano è più pericoloso di quanto si pensi. Muori! Muori! Muori!"
*slashes blindly*

Oh, that'd be awesome!

*Laughs cruelly, stands and draws a sword*
"Questo cieco anziano è più pericoloso di quanto si pensi. Muori! Muori! Muori!"
*slashes blindly*

When you defeat Enrico he should throw his sword in the direction he believes you to be and say "CURSE YOU! You were lucky that I'm a blind man, otherwise I would've crushed you!".

"Welcome, just so you know, I am blind. So I really do not care if the colors are purple or cyan."

Why placeholder colors? It takes two seconds to add a color. In fact, why not use the Pueblo's colors as a placeholder. Why barbarian colors? Why include them in a screenshot? Why not wait until they have more final work.

The only clearly unfinished art shown was in the featurette and that seems to be done to accommodate Morgan Sheppard's schedule. Official screenshots have always been more polished, but you have to assume that they released a poorly done screenshot with a unit with unfinished colors of a civ that doesn't even appear anywhere on the minimap.

Yeah, forget this theory.

Still, that's the other civ's UU, that's for sure.

Top Bottom