What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

I really hope it's not Venice, although since Indonesia made it I don't mind as much, but it would most definitely be my least favorite civ, were it added.

What I would like is Dandolo with or or two servants in his leader screen.
And he would shout orders for them when mad, looking in the wrong direction. Like telling them to throw you out.

That might be a bit too much work, but would look really cool.

Another Dandolo image, as an example

Spoiler :

I really hope it's not Venice, although since Indonesia made it I don't mind as much, but it would most definitely be my least favorite civ, were it added.

Least favorite? C'mon! Venice's cool!
And even if you don't agree with me... they can't really do worse than Polynesia!

What I would like is Dandolo with or or two servants in his leader screen.
And he would shout orders for them when mad, looking in the wrong direction. Like telling them to throw you out.

That might be a bit too much work, but would look really cool.

Another Dandolo image, as an example

Spoiler :

Least favorite? C'mon! Venice's cool!
And even if you don't agree with me... they can't really do worse than Polynesia!

Dandolo: " Attack, my soldiers! Lay waste to Constantinople."
Assistant: "Um, Your Serenity. You're pointing at Venice."

2 New city states confirmed by Zac that he encountered in game: Kiev and Ormus, effectively ruling out Ukraine.

No Ukraine nor Romania, there is no one legitimately left to challenge Venice - pretty much a guarantee they are in

BTW, there are some epic pictures of Enrico Dandolo on the Fourth Crusade, but the Doge's Palace is also a really cool setting (provided it was built when he ruled).

Probably true. I just love the image of Firaxis employees staring at our forums in astounded bemusement.

...I wonder if they've got some kinda office betting pool going on about how few hints we can figure out a civ from.

I don't know about Firaxis, but these threads are highly entertaining to us at Aspyr. We don't have any control about what they put out about BNW, but I hope they're intentionally teasing things.

I'm just waiting for someone to use a screenshot or offhand comment to confirm the release of Half Life 3.

But this whole "Venice is confirmed" craze REALLY started when someone "showed proof" of how the color on the minimap and the flag are exactly the same, down to the HTML code, and how this is (and I agree it would be) impossible to be a coincidence, especially when it's happening with two separate colors at the same time (purple/cream).

The thing is, they are not the same colors, and this is the single point of my post. First of all, areas don't have colors, pixels have colors. I don't know wich method was used to aquire the samples but I took the time to take multiple samples from multiple pixels, both of the purple areas and the cream areas of both the minimap and the flag images. I'll be posting the results and you be the judge. (I hope I can manage the image attachements or all of these becames mute. But believe me, I have the results, and theres A LOT of different HTML codes there.) I used a simple app that captures the color of screen pixels and while that's amateur, the whole basis of the curret hypotesis (it's not a theory if it's not proven) is that Firaxis would have done the same, that is capturing the colors of the Wikipedia flag with some king of colorpicker themselves, so it's valid. On the first image I highlited the areas of the app UI that shows the color code (right on top), a square sample showing the color itself (right beneath) and a little red square that shows precisely wich pixel is being sampled (on the bottom)

The are the same to within compression error, but I don't expect you to take that lightly, so I'll make a full response to this later explaining the reasons for small differences in colours, how we can deal with such errors and finally a statistically look at just how likely it is that they picked colours that are even close (they are the same colours to within compression error, but we'll use this wording for now) to the ones from the SVG of Venice's flag on Wikipedia. The colours from wikipedia by the way are:

Purple: 6622A2
Cream: FDFEDB

I'll make the post later, as I am busy at the moment, but hopefully it'll clear up the reasoning for you.

I really hope it's Venice or at least Italy. Something got to counterbalance the awfulness of Indonesia even though morocco looks good. Lots of good tourism, arts and trade potential with Venice or Italy.

I really hope it's Venice or at least Italy. Something got to counterbalance the awfulness of Indonesia even though morocco looks good. Lots of good tourism, arts and trade potential with Venice or Italy.

Italy is out. Milan is a city-state.

Awfulness? C'mon!
It's a strange civilization, but looks really interesting. Morocco was the one I didn't like that much... Awesome moneymakers, and that's it. Indonesia is certainly hard to play, but looks really strong too (Maybe this is the "pro" civ they were talking about?).

And, now that Italy's out, I'm really hoping Venice makes it. Never believed much in this possibility - I tought italy had a MUCH better chance. But I'm happy they didn't make it in, as Venice is far more interesting.

And Imperial Chaos forgot to mention, the achievments indicate the next two civilizations are between "Portugal" and "Zulu", alphabetically.

Awfulness? C'mon!
It's a strange civilization, but looks really interesting. Morocco was the one I didn't like that much... Awesome moneymakers, and that's it. Indonesia is certainly hard to play, but looks really strong too (Maybe this is the "pro" civ they were talking about?).

And, now that Italy's out, I'm really hoping Venice makes it. Never believed much in this possibility - I tought italy had a MUCH better chance. But I'm happy they didn't make it in, as Venice is far more interesting.

And Imperial Chaos forgot to mention, the achievments indicate the next two civilizations are between "Portugal" and "Zulu", alphabetically.

I didn't forget. Milan as a city-state is enough evidence.

I feel almost completely the opposite about this - I'm rather disappointed about the prospect of Venice being one of the last two civs (I'd have been somewhat happier with a unified Italy, but even then I think there are better candidates out there). Indonesia on the other hand seems rather interesting to me - it has a fairly unique culture and should be fun to play as (or against). Each to their own, I guess. ;)

I like both Venice and Indonesia :mischief:

I would like Venice more if the idea of 'trade civ' wasn't already hogged by Portugal and Morocco.

Is it possible for it to be Prussia or Slovakia to be included? I'm hoping its not Venice, it just seems odd for them to be a civ to be.

Is it possible for it to be Prussia or Slovakia to be included? I'm hoping its not Venice, it just seems odd for them to be a civ to be.

Prussia has been included as part of Germany and German history for multiple versions. Having Bismarck as the leader of Germany is also part of this.

Slovakia are ruled out by Bratislava being a city state.

Top Bottom