[NFP] What is the worst looking leader in your opinion?

But since thread is about the physical looks of the leader I don't see anything wrong with him in that regard. He's on the side of looking more realistic. Almost too realistic looking considering he constantly reminds me of Morgan Freeman.

Only thing stopping him from easily falling in with Cyrus and the other realistic leaders is that big nose. But otherwise, he's one of my favorite designs, at least visually.

Ironically, feels to me like it's the most recent portraits that are the worst. Kublai Khan and Hammurabi for me. Neither is particularly realistic or artfully cartoonish. Doesn't help that both appear to be pissed off.

The NFP leaders are bad because their designs, which I'm sure would be cool and normal otherwise, are tacked onto the wrong animations. In my opinion, the one who gets hit the worst is Bolivar, although Lady Six Sky and Basil II didn't handle it very gracefully either. Hammurabi actually doesn't look too bad on Suleiman, though, and I'm a fan of his design.
With that said, I would be remiss not to mention the atrocity that is Qin Shi Huang. He legit looks like an alien.

Animations aside, I don't think any of the NFP look particularly bad physically besides maybe Basil II. Hammurabi's skin tone should probably be lighter as well.

Animations aside, I don't think any of the NFP look particularly bad physically besides maybe Basil II. Hammurabi's skin tone should probably be lighter as well.
Personally I think all the NFP leaders look awful except LSS and Ba Trieu. I suppose Hammurabi and Ambiorix don't look awful per se (ignoring that Ambi is a walking stereotype), but they don't look great, either--though Hammurabi's tunic is nice. Basil, Kublai, Bolivar, and Menelik, however, all look horrible.

Personally I think all the NFP leaders look awful except LSS and Ba Trieu. I suppose Hammurabi and Ambiorix don't look awful per se (ignoring that Ambi is a walking stereotype), but they don't look great, either--though Hammurabi's tunic is nice. Basil, Kublai, Bolivar, and Menelik, however, all look horrible.
Sure Menelik's hands do look a little creepy. I think my only problem with Simon Bolivar is they gave him some Pedro's animations including the creepy laugh, but otherwise I don't hate his design.

Sure Menelik's hands do look a little creepy.
And his oversized head.

I think my only problem with Simon Bolivar is they gave him some Pedro's animations including the creepy laugh, but otherwise I don't hate his design.
I can't get past the creepy laugh, though at least it's not Mansa Musa creepy. :p But there's still something off or unsettling about his design that I can't quite put my finger on.

Although Ambiorixs look is stereotypical, I really like his appearance.
He has a Suebian knot, a Victorian handlebar moustachio, no shirt, Stereotypical Celtic Red Hair (at least he's not fire engine red like Freddy), and random ahistorical blue paint. I find all of that unforgivable even if the objective quality is decent. :p

Lady Six Sky and Lady Trieu aside, NFP leaders are a notch under in quality compare to Gathering Storm.
100%.

Although Ambiorixs look is stereotypical, I really like his appearance.
You don't say. I don't believe it. ;)

Lady Six Sky and Lady Trieu aside, NFP leaders are a notch under in quality compare to Gathering Storm.
I do agree that they aren't as good as the GS leaders, other than LLS and Trieu, but I'd still take most of these over some from the base game.

And his oversized head.
They had to fit the oversized hat on.

I can't get past the creepy laugh, though at least it's not Mansa Musa creepy. :p But there's still something off or unsettling about his design that I can't quite put my finger on.
Musa isn't creepy to me, just a very jolly person. :p

Musa isn't creepy to me, just a very jolly person. :p
His laugh gives serious stalker vibes. :p The rest of his delivery is fine, but that laugh just instantly makes me want to call the police for a restraining order. :p

He has a Suebian knot, a Victorian handlebar moustachio, no shirt, Stereotypical Celtic Red Hair (at least he's not fire engine red like Freddy), and random ahistorical blue paint. I find all of that unforgivable even if the objective quality is decent.
Fair points. Agree with all of them. However because, in my opinion he is one of the better ones in NFP, and gives me that Celtic vibe, I chose him as my avatar. Additionally his gameplay is also quite interesting.
I'm still waiting for a new face, that is a woman. (judging by tendencies of released leaders in previous expansions).

Last edited:
Simon's animations and the out of proportion facial expressions make me cringe the most.
It feels way too unfinished. The rest to me is a matter of taste and don't bother me that much.

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-2_22-48-14.png

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-2_22-50-54.png

Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-2_22-51-26.png

What's up with that half open gasping?? Did his jaw break?

You notice the same thing with some of Lady Six Sky's animations, especially her neutral-opinion negative response. Repeatedly asking her for friendship when she won't give it to you is endless hours of entertainment.

The art style of Civ 6. Most of the Civs look like those cartoons with exaggerated facial features.

1) Kristina
3) Jadwiga
Kristina and Jadwiga both have very big noses. I was calling them both "big nose" before I realized I was calling two different leaders big nose.

Based on portraits of them, it appears Kristina might have had a big nose, but not so much with Jadwiga.

Gandhi never bothered me, mostly because I knew from the beginning these leaders are supposed to be caricatures of actual people, not the slightly uncanny valley realism of Civ 5.
I guess I must be the only one who likes the fact that the leaders look like claymation characters. XD
Alexander's design I actually like, because despite his smug-@ss face and matching demeanor, I'd actually believe that's what Alexander the Great was like (the dude named over 20 cities after himself.)
I've had some trouble getting used to Hammurabi just because of how broad he is across the shoulders. It may be just because they recycled his rigging from Suleiman's poofy outfit, but this is a thicc man. Sort of intimidating.
The worst-looking leader in my opinion though is Kublai Khan. Not in terms of his design or anything, I think his outfits look great. I just think his animations needed gone over with a fine toothed comb, and maybe his hands made too look... well... more like hands.

Edit: While I do agree that Alexander earns the title of "Most Punchable Face," I think there's also something to be said for Philip's friendly smile. Sure, it's meant to be friendly, and it makes him seem like a nice guy to grab a drink with, but if you didn't already like him, it's undoubtedly a punchable face. Montezuma, to a degree, also seems quite punchable.

Top Bottom