What music are you listening to? #66 No need for a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My spotify had been playing overnight and started pulling in some interesting stuff into the mix. I found myself bopping my head to this track, and then eventually wondering.. wait.. what the hell is this anyway??

It's damn catchy though, I've added it to my playlists

Criminally underrated.

I rediscovered Myrkur this morning. I listened to her a bunch a few years ago, and then kind of just... I dunno... Anyway, if you're into metal. Is this black metal? I lost track of all the subgenres sometime in the 1990s. :lol:

"Må du Brænde i Helvede" from Myrkur (2014)

Also, I noticed Spotify doesn't categorize "Mambo Sun" by T Rex as "classic rock", which I assume is just an oversight. I also read that "Mambo Sun" wasn't released as a single. "Bang a Gong (Get It On)", which I find annoying, and "Jeepster", which I like, were the singles. "Mambo Sun" is clearly the superior track, though. I'm not sure what the record label execs were thinking, but I suppose I never do.

Amalie Bruun, of Copenhagen, is the singer. Just the sort of girl I would have brought home to meet mom.

"Nattens Barn" starts out sounding like a choir.

This would make a good desktop image, if it was a bit larger:
Spoiler :

More magic from Marc Bolan

Link to video.
Lyrics:
Spoiler :

She was born to be my Unicorn Robed head of ferns Cat child tutored by the learned. Darkly ghostish host Haggard vizier of the moats Seeks the sandled shores of Gods Baby of the moors. The night-mare's mauve mashed mind Sights the visions of the blinds Shoreside stream of steam Cooking kings in cream of scream. Jackdaw winter head Cleans his chalcedony bed A silken word of kind Was returned from Nijinsky Hind. Giant of Inca hill Loosed his boar to gorely kill The dancing one horned waife In doublet of puffin-bill. The beast in feast of sound Kittened lamb on God's ground Ridden by the born of horn Jigged like a muse on life's lawn.
Show less

Surprisingly better than the original. This is a song with great potential, but Thom Yorke is somehow not fully able to scratch the itch of the song, but this cover did it pretty well.

I was listening to Burzum over the weekend, until I realized that he's the guy who was imprisoned for killing someone and is suspected in the arson of 3 churches. Hm. :undecide: I'm frequently torn about whether and how to separate the art from the artist, but in this case I have no real attachment, so I don't feel bad just dumping him overboard.

Instead, here's "Vastness and Sorrow" by Wolves in the Throne Room, from Two Hunters (2007). Hey, I just noticed they released a new album last year. Primordial Arcana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom