What Native American Civs would you like to see the most in Civ VII?

• Inuit

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Tlingit

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Haida

• Cree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackfoot

• Haudenosaunee (Iroquois)

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Sioux / Lakota

• Comanche

• Powhatan

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Shawnee

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Cherokee

• Chickasaw

• Muscogee (Creek)

• Choctaw

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Natchez

• Chumash

• Tongva

• Navajo

• Apache

• Pueblo

• Taino

• Mixtec

• Zapotec

• Muisca

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Chimor

• Aymara

• Tupi

• Guarani

• Mapuche

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well no I did mean probably on par with the Civ 4 Native Americans. But I said specifically only the Civ 5 Celts as the other iterations are less egregious being mostly based around Gaul.
The Celts has always been iffy and Civ5's iteration crossed the line into absurdity, but I still wouldn't put it on par with lumping the entire population of a continent, regardless of actual relationship, into a single civ. It didn't even go Greenberg on it considering it included Eskimo-Aleut and Tlingit-Eyak-Athabaskan cities like Kuujjuaq and Ketchikan respectively. We've had some dubious blob civs, but Native Americans was in a class of its own.

The Celts has always been iffy and Civ5's iteration crossed the line into absurdity, but I still wouldn't put it on par with lumping the entire population of a continent, regardless of actual relationship, into a single civ. It didn't even go Greenberg on it considering it included Eskimo-Aleut and Tlingit-Eyak-Athabaskan cities like Kuujjuaq and Ketchikan respectively. We've had some dubious blob civs, but Native Americans was in a class of its own.
What’s worse is that people at least knew that the Celts were a blob cub, but there were tons of people who said that Native America was basically just the Sioux

That's why I considered it, but you're right that the Native American civ is in a class of it's own, though followed right behind the absurdity of Civ 5 Celts, at least in my opinion.

What’s worse is that people at least knew that the Celts were a blob cub, but there were tons of people who said that Native America was basically just the Sioux
I didn't realize that the Sioux built totem poles? ;)

The leader was Sitting Bull (Sioux), but the UU was Dog asoldier (Cheyenne), the UB Totem poles (pacific northwest) and the city list covered everythingnin between,

they were no more a Sioux civ than they were any of the others. They were just a gross collection of racial clichés.

The leader was Sitting Bull (Sioux), but the UU was Dog asoldier (Cheyenne), the UB Totem poles (pacific northwest) and the city list covered everythingnin between,

they were no more a Sioux civ than they were any of the others. They were just a gross collection of racial clichés.

Sort of like Genghis Khan leading the Eurasians at the head of his Winged Hussars and building his Stepwells . . .

Sort of like Genghis Khan leading the Eurasians at the head of his Winged Hussars and building his Stepwells . . .
Well to be fair Genghis Khan does have the ability to obtain Winged Hussars in this game. One way is his leader ability by capturing cavalry units. The other way is hiring some from a Barbarian Clan that happens to spawn some. :mischief:

Well to be fair Genghis Khan does have the ability to obtain Winged Hussars in this game. One way is his leader ability by capturing cavalry units. The other way is hiring some from a Barbarian Clan that happens to spawn some. :mischief:

But not as his UU.

I didn't realize that the Sioux built totem poles? ;)
Don't worry. The general public doesn't realize they didn't--or that not all Native Americans wore feathered bonnets... :crazyeye:

Top Bottom