1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What other Civs would you like to see added to DoC

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by AtlantaMarty, Apr 18, 2017.

1. jorissimo

jorissimo Warlord

Please, send me some of the stuff you're smoking. I want it.

2. Pedersen

Pedersen Chieftain

With the good work that Leoreth has put into the late areas, it seems a shame that there isn't any civilization that has the Mars colony as a goal.

I get the obvious counterpoint, that this is future speculation as opposed to actual history, but then again since the techs and wonders are already there, why not use them?

There could be a couple of ways to implement this: one would be to use Australia since it is currently "the empty land", the other candidate would be the European Union, founding in Brussels (i.e. the space between Paris and Frankfurt and Amsterdam) something in the 1950s. The Mars Colony could present the technological ambitions of the EU.

3. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

The Mars Colony is the Technological Victory. Having the Mars Colony Completion as the UHV would mean that the other two UHV goals would be meaningless. You win either way.

If the goal is just to start the Mars colony... why, we have already civs that have UHV goals connected to the Space Race (Apollo).

4. Logoncal

Logoncal Prince

What about a Zulu civ? Their UB and UU is the same but with the UU replacing a rifleman or musketman, similar to pombos. Their UP would basically be a supercharged one from Civ V and their goals would be tied towards the precious mines of SA, holding off against the dirty birts and maybe even related to Today's South Africa where they build a nuke.

5. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

Australia, south africa please

1SDAN likes this.
  6. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

- Australia, naturally.
    - And a non-player native american civ that may have a few cities but no cultural borders beyond first ring. Barbarian rules apply, but they should be allowed to have diplomatic relationships with all American civs from Maya/Aztec/Inca towards even US/Canada/Brazil. The latter would profit more from conquering them, but maybe there could be player that prefers to have a native vassal. At least, as long as said vassal doesn't destroys all other foreign relations... *rolls eyes*.
    - And flexible spawns of a South African and a West African civilization: If a colonial civ goes into collapse, South Africa should be able to emerge as early as 1850; and West Africa as early as 1940. "West Africa" (Mali respawn!) shouldn't be the name, of course. Depending on their capital, the nation's name may be Senegal or Liberia or Nigeria or whatever. For "South Africa" I would think that they'd be starting as a Boer civ under the civics of Isolationism/Colonialism. Only when they change to either Egalitarianism or Multilateralism they would evolve into the modern black democracy. That said: I'm not in favor of a Zulu civ emerging in the Industial Age, it just seems wrong to me. They would only be competing with Kongo for dominance over Africa, and the colonial civs need also their space for expansion. (Currently tolerating a very powerful+stable AI Portuguese Empire with Maria holding all of west/south Africa and lasting long into the 20th century. That's somewhat nice.)