1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games Have You Been Playing? Eight times I've died...

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Birdjaguar, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

I do the same with tactical and/or RP games. Play them once on not-highest difficulty to check the storyline(s), ability set, etc., then turn up the difficulty as much as possible on the subsequent playthroughs.
    Is this game available for PC?

2. miaasma

miaasma Prince

yup, it's on steam

3. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

For $29.99, half price.

4. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

On steam it is for PC. The demo seems only for PS4.

6. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

MSGV: Phantom pain picked it up during humble store sale for $5 total steal
    Amazingly fun, though not being able to quick save on the PC is dumb, I found out the game autosaves when you enter into or exit a new area, and time based saves
    My OCD is totally triggered by this game, must collect everything, unlock everything and blow up everything.

My other complaint is that killing enemy soldiers lowers your rank and thus mission rewards.

7. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

metal solid gear?

8. FriendlyFire

Monosodium glutamate :lol:
    (must have been thinking about food when I wrote that post)

9. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

Rule the Waves. (Blame the Prinz Eugen thread)

10. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Yes, though I do expect they'll add a bunch of other content. It just sucks because Far Cry 4 had everything in Far Cry 3, plus they fixed a bunch of minor gameplay issues and added new features. The DLC's for both games didn't add a ton to the game feature-wise, they just added story content. Far Cry 5 launched with a ton of fixes to minor gameplay issues (definitely welcome) but overall with a lot less content. So yeah, they are obviously going to add that missing content back in multiple DLCs. I mean I finished Far Cry 5 in about a week's worth of playing and when I was done I looked at the map for things to do and realized it was empty and got pretty sad because 3 and 4 weren't like that.

11. FriendlyFire

Collecting Russian conscripts never gets old.
    I just upgraded the Fulton so it becomes possible to collect AA Guns. Tanks, trucks and Jeeps.

Some of the conversations are pretty funny as well, like how the Russians are not getting enough supplies as someone destroyed the supply convey and the first thing the guy complains is the lack of Vodka.
    Or Russia Nuclear power plants are the safest in the world
    It is amazing how much polish and depth there is. Including Russian Truck Driver accidentally running over some unfortunate conscript, coming out to check if he is still alive and then removing the dead body so the Truck can continue

12. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Doctor of Funk

I read that somebody is working on a "Fallout Miami" total conversion mod for Fallout 4. I love seeing all of the great work put into Fallout 4 becoming a toolbox for serious modders. There's so much unrealized potential in the game, and I expect the next official iteration of the series will start from scratch again and produce another frustrating, unfinished product full of holes and critical weaknesses.

13. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

On NieR:Automata:
    I'm very interested, but I've read that the PC port was a bit crap. Don't know if that was fixed with patches.
    How bad are the typical port issues (controls, UI, performance) ?

Birdjaguar likes this.
  14. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Playin driver 3, doing the Take a Ride in Constantinople, found a purple Porsche, but i only got to drive it for like 10 seconds before i hit a tree, cartwheeled through the air and landed in the Bosporus. Tried swimming back to shore but i could find anywhere to get ashore in time and drowned. Then i hit restart drove 6 feet and the game crashed. Gotta love half finished games....

15. Leifmk

Leifmk Deity

Entirely about EU4 these days. Have over 1000 hours in the game now and still feel like a newbie, there are many aspects I've barely even begun to explore yet (such as hordes, or playing as an Asian or African nation at all).

Currently trying out an abusive Coptic Ottoman -> Russia -> Restored Roman Empire game. (See, there seems to be no religious requirement on the "form Russia" decision so the main thing to do is first grab some of the necessary provinces to prevent Muscovy (or anyone else) from doing it, then eat the rest a bit later and convert to Russian culture...)

16. miaasma

miaasma Prince

i played it on pc and it worked very smoothly for me

i'm sure there were some issues here and there but they weren't noticeable enough to take away from the experience, for me anyway

GoodSarmatian and Birdjaguar like this.
  17. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Moon Hunters. Decent enough Indie game. It's meant to be played repeatedly in order to unlock new events, characters, crafting items, and endings. That said, there isn't enough content for that to feel viable. You start mostly encountering repeats after your 3rd or 4th run. Each run lasts for around an hour, half that if you "speed through" which is what I ended up doing.

Eventually I looked up an ending guide to do the good ending and then I decided that was enough for me. A little under 7 hours of gameplay with ~10 runs through that. The music is quite well-done but there's only one track per biome. The voice acting seems amateur but it grows on you, I guess, and you are fortunately able to skip the cutscenes.

It does a poor job of making you care about the game's universe. Even after playing through it so many times I'm not sure there's a coherent structure behind the lore.

Still, I got it in Humble Monthly and cannot complain. It is probably worth $5 and that is exactly what it's charged as.

18. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I picked up PayDay 2 for $5 the other day, my friend and I have been playing it a little and it's decent fun.

19. miaasma

miaasma Prince

i'm still playing divinity: original sin 2 pretty often

20. Robo-Star

Robo-Star Prince

"Tales from the Borderlands". lols

How long have you been playing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.