1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games Have You Been Playing, Part 10: Or; A Shameful Display!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Phrossack, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

I think I'll just go with Alternate Start.

2. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

yeah, the mod you're referring to is called MLU Morrowloot Ultimate, and it tries to make the game more like Morrowind. It's a double-edged sword: If you played Morrowind a hundred times, you knew exactly where all the Daedric and Glass gear was and could get it fast and realible.

console
    coc riverwood
    show racemenu

better than any alternate start mod

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

Enough mucking about with Bethesda Mod Skeletons...those %^$#$s have never made an actual game...on to Carmageddon. I feel so much better now. Very therapeutic, and I highly recommend it.

4. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I played quite a lot of Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now.

5. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

I played as the Yadakk in Polytopia which are a steppe culture. You start with Roads which allows you to string together a far flung empire pretty quickly. The map was 2-civ and the landmasses were distributed such that we each had a separate continent which met in a narrow isthmus. It took me a while to realize the map was set up that way - it wasn't until well after I took the village on the isthmus that I realized I was in a precarious position.

I finished building out my internal road network just as the attack came. A flood of horsemen took the isthmus settlement and pressed on my capital. Right before the war broke out I had finished making major capital improvements in my empire (the road network was the capstone - I had then planned to pivot to building a superculture city) so while I was troop-poor, I was filthy rich. I pumped out legions of cannon fodder over the next couple turns to put bodies between the invader horde and my capital.

This worked, I traded the cream of my people's crop for every tile and held off the invasion long enough to research archers and defenders. The archers harassed the enemy front while the defenders steadily advanced, crashing against horsemen attacks and standing firm. While this was happening around the isthmus, I built a fleet of battleships which breached the bay to the east of the isthmus and took pressure off the front with bombardments against invader cities up and down the coast.

With a giant superunit to rally behind, my forces retook the isthmus village in a bloody spasm of ultraviolence. The push forward had dissarrayed my forces and gutted the ranks of my archers and horsemen, robbing me of the ability to support my position with ranged attacks or follow up on individual skirmishes with quick mounted raids. Before I could consolidate my gains, a new army advanced and pushed my army back out of the city and into the mountains surrounding it. My giant fell to a half-dozen warriors and my fleets were devastated by marine attacks launched from the shores.

As the front collapsed, I researched the technology for knights and rushed them forward. They cut deep swathes into the ranks of the outdated enemy army but the game ended before I could rally them into an concerted fighting force to retake the city. I did win by high score but I wished I had been able to take back my city before it ended.

haroon and Synsensa like this.
  6. Timsup2nothin

Well done Emperor Hobbs! Or King Yoyo, whichever.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  7. haroon

haroon Chieftain

Wow epic post for a mobile game, you really makes me want to try it. Too bad you turn on the time limit victory the story actually just begun

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  8. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

There is a mode you can play without turn limits, though basically the only way to win that is through conquest. With the 30 turn limit you can win a high score victory but you can't change the turn limit.

It's a lot of fun, it's free to play without ads and I highly recommend it. The expansion civs are like $1 each.

haroon likes this.
  9. aimeeandbeatles

Flipping cart issue: I'm still not sure what was causing it, but this mod fixed it.

10. aimeeandbeatles

Spoiler :

I don't think my teammates in Mass Effect like the Phoenix armour.

11. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

I stronkly recommend SuperTuxCart if you want wacky racing minus the bloodshed.

And you don't need Steam to get it.

12. Timsup2nothin

Soooo...you didn't quite catch what I meant by 'therapeutic,' I see.

13. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

I perfected a new technique in Polytopia that had its origins in that epic war. In that war, I basically rushed units to the front as I built them and I just happened to end up with a line of defenders followed by horsemen. This turns out to be a super effective early-to-mid game strategy. The AI will almost always attack your defenders who can take a ton of damage and give good damage in a defensive fight but suck on offense. If you march them in a line, you can push the AI into a literal or figurative corner. They will waste their own army going against the defenders and if you have a few horsemen or archers behind them, you can switch to offense when the AI line begins to break under the defender swarm.

It's super effective. I used that strategy to absolutely break three empires in an 8-civ match last night.

I would love to play someone from here online.

14. aimeeandbeatles

In Mass Effect, I just finished Noveria. Onto Virmire next.

Spoiler :
    I took Liara and Wrex with me. Suffered from the AMD black blob glitch but installing a mod fixed that. The fight with Matriarch Benezia glitched out on me, though. I got hit with an attack and fell on the stairs and my player started stretching out but couldn't move. I had to reload. Then she threw me into the skybox. Another reload. The third time didn't glitch out though. I play as Infiltrator so I used overload/sabotage on the groups of enemies to cause explosions, Liara's lift/singularity/throw to thin out the groups, and Wrex as a tank to draw attention away from us. It took a while though.

I ended up releasing the Rachni Queen. I hope that was the right decision.

The combat's actually sort of fun once you get the hang of managing your teammates.

15. Synsensa

Synsensa Warlord Retired Moderator

I'm baffled with the regularity in which you break video games. I'd probably never play them if I encountered as many bugs as you did. :lol:

16. aimeeandbeatles

I also raided some dude's office to get a garage pass and this happened:

Spoiler :

Until I noticed the guy's legs sticking out of the wall I couldn't figure out why my squadmates were stuck in combat. :lol:

17. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

I was just playing Mas Effect when this happened.

Spoiler :

18. aimeeandbeatles

Making use of all that surveyed helium-3?

I actually managed to finish all the collection sidequests. KInd of a pain, but you get XP and money. I got filthy rich even without exploiting the med clinic glitch.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  19. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

I play now Bioshock remastered and Sim city 4.
    Bioshock is great suprise, I havent thought that shooter will be be such interesting. What disappointed me, that remaster didnt polish gameplay so there are still bugs from original like unbeatable hacking minigames. There are unfriendly long loadscreens and unbalanced plasmids, but it is still enjoyable.
    Sim City is great game but I see how old fashioned unfriendly it is. You cannot place roads how you want, resident and commercials zones requries full micromanagement as schools and hospitals, with no gain just annoyance. I am sure that new games dealt with it.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  20. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

Literally doesn't matter at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.