What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started a new Path of Exile game.
Shadow, focusing on dual weild daggers and chaos/poison damage.
Wonderful news. Are you playing Metamorph or standard?

Wonderful news. Are you playing Metamorph or standard?

Metamorph.
Haven't played the game in years and started a new Scion last month but couldn't play much because of RL before the league ended, and I don't really have the foresight or skill to make really powerful Scion.
Made a new character. New league, clean slate, no clutter in the stash.
The second Metamorph enemy dropped the Thousand Ribbons armor.
Pretty good start.

Metamorph.
Haven't played the game in years and started a new Scion last month but couldn't play much because of RL before the league ended, and I don't really have the foresight or skill to make really powerful Scion.
Made a new character. New league, clean slate, no clutter in the stash.
The second Metamorph enemy dropped the Thousand Ribbons armor.
Pretty good start.
The game has grown in the last few years and added lots of improvements. This league was great until the patch last week that broke it for me. I'm playing a Frost blades juggernaut and am stuck at level 63 for now. IG I'm Exile_on_Mainstreet. If I can help or answer questions, let me know.

The game has grown in the last few years and added lots of improvements. This league was great until the patch last week that broke it for me. I'm playing a Frost blades juggernaut and am stuck at level 63 for now. IG I'm Exile_on_Mainstreet. If I can help or answer questions, let me know.

Stuck at 63 ?
My highest PoE character is a lvl 43 Templar.
I'm a softcore player at ARPGs. Don't bother with "endgame". It's "after the game". What's the pont ?
I'm happy when I can complete a campaign on normal difficulty before min-maxing turns into a horrible math puzzle.

Stuck at 63 ?
My highest PoE character is a lvl 43 Templar.
I'm a softcore player at ARPGs. Don't bother with "endgame". It's "after the game". What's the pont ?
I'm happy when I can complete a campaign on normal difficulty before min-maxing turns into a horrible math puzzle.
My goal is each league is a level 90 guy that can do early red maps. It often takes me most of the league to do so. I play SC and do some trading for improved gear. Typically, I get my gems to level 19 20% q about level 90. I enjoy maps much more than the Acts.

There are no more difficulty levels with the ten acts.

In one of my old neighbourhoods, I had a fortune Sim, fresh out of CAS, get a little....hiss-terical about his cat scratching the furniture.

Spoiler :

Anyone know if the Yangtze leaves port once you've fixed the reactor onboard? I thought because he lets you use 3 artillery-nukes that this meant he would stick around but then I remembered they are mounted to long-range missiles so that may not be the case. I really want to kill him for his crimes against humanity but I also really want the three tactical nuke strikes. I don't even think I need them, I just want them because it'd be cool.

During his little speech telling me why he was giving me the nukes he said it was because he didn't want to bring them home. Yes, he's so committed to peace now that he's going to unload a small nuclear arsenal on a ravaged wasteland on behalf of the very first guy that helped him. Jerk

Anyone know if the Yangtze leaves port once you've fixed the reactor onboard?

The Wikia says it doesn't move (even though an NPC says it does) and you can use the homing beacons even if the guy is dead. You can also get a sword with a speech check.

I had to dig around on a few different pages to find it.

Anyone know if the Yangtze leaves port once you've fixed the reactor onboard? I thought because he lets you use 3 artillery-nukes that this meant he would stick around but then I remembered they are mounted to long-range missiles so that may not be the case. I really want to kill him for his crimes against humanity but I also really want the three tactical nuke strikes. I don't even think I need them, I just want them because it'd be cool.

During his little speech telling me why he was giving me the nukes he said it was because he didn't want to bring them home. Yes, he's so committed to peace now that he's going to unload a small nuclear arsenal on a ravaged wasteland on behalf of the very first guy that helped him. Jerk
He's probably hoping you'll launch them into the glowing sea or something. It's not like anyone would notice a few more nuke strikes there....

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Glowing_Sea

It is not technically a "sea" but rather a large isolated patch of heavily irradiated landscape, ripped up and reshaped by the atomic blasts that carpeted the area. Much of the Glowing Sea consists of scorched earth spotted with radioactive ponds, charred trees, wrecked cars and heaps of rubble, with hardly any signs of previous civilization. What few buildings remain that weren't outright reduced to thinly-spread debris are half-buried by landslides and sinkholes caused by the bombs. Rain clouds that pass over the Glowing Sea become irradiated and spread radiation into other parts of the Commonwealth wasteland in the form of rad storms.

The Glowing Sea is extremely dangerous and should not be explored at a low level or without adequate supplies and protection. The entirety of the Glowing Sea is heavily irradiated, normally causing at least 10+ Rads a second in most areas (60+ when standing in water), killing unprotected players in less than two minutes.

Oops.

"Endgame" is a misnomer. There's a whole second campaign after you kill Kitava, The Atlas of Worlds. This is what people are referring to when they use the term "maps." I'm not sure anyone calls it the "endgame." In fact, I'd say the opposite is more common: a lot of people consider the game to only really begin after they blaze through Acts I-X as quickly as they can. The recent DLC completely revamped the Atlas of Worlds campaign, too.

And if you enjoy the Delve mines, that's basically a whole third campaign. I think the furthest I've ever gone is like depth 40? I know there's stuff down there that I've never seen.

My goal is each league is a level 90 guy that can do early red maps. It often takes me most of the league to do so. I play SC and do some trading for improved gear. Typically, I get my gems to level 19 20% q about level 90. I enjoy maps much more than the Acts.
I think my highest-level character isn't even level 75. I haven't done many of the maps because I'm not great at getting through the Acts quickly before the next League starts. I think at some point, I'm just going to have to skip one of the new Leagues and play one of my existing characters. I might take up the Necromancer I was playing in Blight and see how she does in the maps.

Speaking of which, I know your existing characters get a full Passive Skills respec with each League. Does anyone know whether you have to use that right away? Can you play a few maps, just to see where the character's weaknesses are, and then use the full respec? I think I have 4 characters around lvl 70-73 who finished the Acts, but it's been a while since I've played them and I wouldn't know how to rearrange their Passives without playing them first.

Anyways, lesson of the day: In the Sims 2, if your neighbourhood relies a lot on CC, and you've just moved your save folder to a new computer and reinstalled the game...load up a throwaway hood first. Loading a neighbourhood without CC, even once, can mess it up. So many crashes and flashing pink textures (which never occured in any other neighbourhood).

And it was only by chance that I'd misplaced one pre-migration backup so I was able to restore it to a non-broken state. :whew:

On the upside, the non-broken game runs perfectly on Windows 10. But this is a super-touchy game.

I liked TS2, but refresh my memory: could you change the colors of items, wallpapers, etc. in game? I have Sims 3 and that was the last I played; from the sounds of the Sims 4 reviews I've seen I'm better off holding out where I am.

I forgot how goddamn looooooooooooooooong Nick's loyalty quest is. You have to find 9 tapes scattered around the commonwealth (he gives you a 10th) though I found out that if you have good lockpicking skills and know where the hidden bunker is, you can skip most of the quest. That information came too late and I'm now on my last tape - at Quincy ruins.

What I also forgot from my previous play throughs is how tough Quincy ruins can be with high level gunners, one of which has a fat man with a decent supply of mini nukes. What makes it especially challenging is that the main approaches to the town are sort of walled off so you can't pick people off with snipers and this also makes it harder to throw my ICBM transponders at clusters of enemies. I tried to storm the place and got my ass handily kicked twice so now I'm going to try something different -

I'm going to retake the castle so I can build up artillery cannons and I'm going to place a squad of them at nearby Jamaica Plains. I've already set up that particular settlement with everything but the cannons. Once I've got the artillery set up, I'm going to go back to Quincy and target it with Minuteman flares, and artillery and ICBM strikes until I at least take down the nuke-toting gunner. Could be fun or really poopy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom