What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that buying prebuilts was cheaper these days because of all the crypto-miners. Or did that change?

I was under the impression that buying prebuilts was cheaper these days because of all the crypto-miners. Or did that change?

I have not buyed a rig except last year (or was it 2 years :think:) when my old one crapped out, signed off and plainly refused to cooperate. Anyways the conditions may vary across countries but here in Poland (the foul *scheming* capital of Europe) we believe that "do it yourself" is always the better approach than any other - mainly because of fear of evil corporations or just plainly by limited funds per person ;)

My friend just sent me this:
https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1196566870360387584

I don't know what to think.

I have not buyed a rig except last year (or was it 2 years :think:) when my old one crapped out, signed off and plainly refused to cooperate. Anyways the conditions may vary across countries but here in Poland (the foul *scheming* capital of Europe) we believe that "do it yourself" is always the better approach than any other - mainly because of fear of evil corporations or just plainly by limited funds per person ;)

I think two years ago is about when all the cryptocurrency thing started taking off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways the conditions may vary across countries but here in Poland (the foul *scheming* capital of Europe) we believe that "do it yourself" is always the better approach than any other - mainly because of fear of evil corporations or just plainly by limited funds per person ;)
Ah okay. I'm a firm believer in the "I give you money and you do it for me" approach. ;)

You can shave off some of that hard earned bucks ($) by going custom. Specs are allrighty but ask Yourself this : Is this gaming keyboard and mouse really worth that much ? What about the tower ? I totally understand how cool it looks ! ;) I bet that if You could build Your own from parts You can easily save ~50% ? :think: of the initial cost . You can always buy flashy things later, which is another topic but I think they are worth it ! xD.... just not in a bundle already build set, save more cash by buying parts - is what my thoughts are ;)

The savings in Canada for buying parts manually is marginal. The video card alone is $450 here, a quarter of that computer's cost. The SSD and HDD are another $180. The RAM $120. CPU $475. Power supply $70. Wifi card $40. Sound card $45. CyberPowerPC is notably stingy on the motherboards they put in their PCs, but $120 is probably in the right neighbourhood. And if you get a generic case, let's go with $60.

Altogether, if you buy the parts yourself, you're looking at spending around $1560. $40 more and with warranty you get a keyboard and a mouse. Seems like a good deal to me.

I think two years ago is about when all the cryptocurrency thing started taking off.

I was under the impression that cryptos went "it is so: year ago" a long time ago :lol: Anyways 4 or 5 ? years it becomes corporate-controlled ? Dark Web assassins are no longer what they used to be :lol:

The savings in Canada for buying parts manually is marginal. The video card alone is $450 here, a quarter of that computer's cost. The SSD and HDD are another $180. The RAM $120. CPU $475. Power supply $70. Wifi card $40. Sound card $45. CyberPowerPC is notably stingy on the motherboards they put in their PCs, but $120 is probably in the right neighbourhood. And if you get a generic case, let's go with $60.

Altogether, if you buy the parts yourself, you're looking at spending around $1560. $40 more and with warranty you get a keyboard and a mouse. Seems like a good deal to me.

Gosh golly be dang ! I can buy that parts much cheaper !!! (quick calculator action in head) !!! The main capital for Poland on buying computer parts is now Ukraine with a whooping like over 100% like - for the same parts - cheaper.

100% cheaper?

Are you robbing these people, Adam?

Let's just say I have many friends in Ukraine ;)

Are you sure you're not getting your computer parts out of a dumpster?

No =) Really though Ukraine is like heaven for buying for Poles given the situation. For starters Ukraine is not a EU country which bypass the stupid EU laws and regulations, seconds - prices there are not regulated by EU markets, third Polish currency is so much stronger tha Ukraine's - brand new from any shop with guarantee stuff is just so much whooping cheaper than in Poland .

I got into NexusMods so I'm downloading mods!

I got into NexusMods so I'm downloading mods!

Despise the terrible search engine I :love: Nexus Mods ! My gaming experience wouldn't be the same without it :thumbsup: In my humble opinion it saved Bethesda's ass on more than numerous occasions, just not in Fallout 76 ! :lol:

Yeah, the cost is also kind of an issue.
Over the years I've upgraded this machine bit by bit as some parts have failed, but this is the equivalent of buying one console for the one game when I already have a queue of games that would take me two to three years to clear even if I didn't go for 100% completion. So, sorry, Valve, but here I am going Tim-like.
Is it going to be VR-only?
So far, they say it is.

I got Fallout 3 working, but there's some intense mouse acceleration. I fixed it, though!

Is it going to be VR-only?

That's what it looks like :(

That seems like a terrible decision, both from my perspective and a business one.

People on the Twitter thread observed wryly that now over 1% of all Steam users have VR equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom