What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that they remind me to endorse the downloads afterwards. I'm bad at remembering to do it myself. :lol:

Wait, you can give Dogmeat a laser minigun?
I think Takh meant that the armored monster wields laser minigun ;)
For the record, you can give your companions weapons, but it is rare for them to use them. Also, they have no such thing as common sense. I.e. they might be aiming straight at a Deathclaw's foot, but they'll only pull the trigger when you're running away from the Deathclaw in a panic, so you'll be hit on the head, knocked unconscious and left at the mercy of an enraged, oversized nuclear mutant gecko.

I like that they remind me to endorse the downloads afterwards. I'm bad at remembering to do it myself. :lol:

Yeah me too ! :lol: I also am thankful for download history . After switching rigs I was able to retrace what Skyrim mods I've downloaded 4 years ago - it was very useful ! =)

For the record, you can give your companions weapons, but it is rare for them to use them. Also, they have no such thing as common sense. I.e. they might be aiming straight at a Deathclaw's foot, but they'll only pull the trigger when you're running away from the Deathclaw in a panic, so you'll be hit on the head, knocked unconscious and left at the mercy of an enraged, oversized nuclear mutant gecko.

I had Ian come along with me to some caves to kill some...mutant creatures (radscorpions? I forgot). But he accidentally shot me a bunch of times. :lol:

Heh. Of course, the same mechanism can be used in your favour when attacked by bandits.
1) let a few knife-armed maniacs come to you
2) firearm-toting bandits shoot at you, hit them
3) when the nearest ones are at point-blank range, stand so that they form a line or cluster, unleash righteous SMG fury on the ones at the back, see how the ones in front become human colanders
4) hunt down survivors

Apparently giving your companions burst-fire weapons is not a good idea.

Of course. That's why you keep all the burst-fire weapons (SMGs, chain-guns, combat shotguns) on yourself.

Fallout 2 also incorporated a very handy companion management system (the same game engine) the game so badly needed ! You could choose which opponent they attack first and what weapons they use , no longer You had to steal-give them, take away items, it was pretty handy. One time I even run across a mod for Fallout 2 that let You control followers directly in combat . IIRC Sulik had like 15 or 16 Ap's !!! :O

Of course. That's why you keep all the burst-fire weapons (SMGs, chain-guns, combat shotguns) on yourself.

I guess I just must be lucky. I've never really had a problem with my companions shooting me and they usually handle things...I won't say competently, but decent enough that I don't regret having them around.

Apparently giving your companions burst-fire weapons is not a good idea.

You should speak with Myron from Fallout 2 , telling him to stay way back he responds "Gives me a good position to practice my burst fire technique" If You tell him to stay middle-range he will state that "but I heard the guy in the middle always get it first !" :lol: Oh Myron ! :lol:

I totally support getting Myron as a companion, just to see Enclave soldiers use him as target practice for burst-mode repeating energy weapons.
I guess I just must be lucky. I've never really had a problem with my companions shooting me and they usually handle things...I won't say competently, but decent enough that I don't regret having them around.
In Fallout 1 companions turn some engagements into luck-based fights.

The only bad thing about companions is they default to unarmed combat even when they have guns they can use, bullets for those guns as well as melee weapons. Ian especially loves to brawl and will throw punches at super mutants while they bring a chain gun to bear. I have wasted a ton of time not really getting anywhere. I have had to use a walk through to find missions to be able to do as the quests are fairly difficult to trigger. It's also a terribly slow game even when things are going right.

The only bad thing about companions is they default to unarmed combat even when they have guns they can use, bullets for those guns as well as melee weapons. Ian especially loves to brawl and will throw punches at super mutants while they bring a chain gun to bear. I have wasted a ton of time not really getting anywhere. I have had to use a walk through to find missions to be able to do as the quests are fairly difficult to trigger. It's also a terribly slow game even when things are going right.

TBH Fallout 2 is so much better game. Not only because of mechanics but overall experience makes it a legendary "must have played" cRPG of all time xD (imho). The only caveat You might not like is that Fallout 2 seems even slower at the beginning than Fallout 1 - but believe me when I say It is totally worth it to play that game ! ;)

edit: My feelings on this are like comparison between Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 : still awesome with better things but all in all I absolutely love both parts ! ;)

Yeah. Now that I think about it, I do remember a time Ian shot and killed Dogmeat by accident. I then shot and killed Ian...on purpose. You don't kill a man's dog.
I can just imagine you telling everybody to get out of the room, turning to your laptop and saying ‘I have to kill a man about a dog’.

I can just imagine you telling everybody to get out of the room, turning to your laptop and saying ‘I have to kill a man about a dog’.

It was a very serious moment. Dogmeat had saved my life on more than one occasion. I wasn't going to let some two-bit wasteland drifter with a leather fetish go unpunished for killing my best friend, even if it was an accident.

It was a very serious moment. Dogmeat had saved my life on more than one occasion. I wasn't going to let some two-bit wasteland drifter with a leather fetish go unpunished for killing my best friend, even if it was an accident.

You got that right ! There's even a special Fallout 2 encounter to commemorate Dogmeat's awesomeness ! It is called a "Cafe of the Broken Dreams" . In there You can encounter many "failed" Player Characters talking dirt about their "players" it is pretty funny whe they say something like "My player had this stealing thing but he's skill was 15. He used to reaload a lot !" In the backroom of this "Cafe of the broken dreams" is Dogmeat ! If You have beef jerky or iguana on a stick You can recruit him and roam the wasteland once more !!!

This is the gaming desktop I'm leaning towards. It's about $1200 USD. Thoughts?

You can shave off some of that hard earned bucks ($) by going custom. Specs are allrighty but ask Yourself this : Is this gaming keyboard and mouse really worth that much ? What about the tower ? I totally understand how cool it looks ! ;) I bet that if You could build Your own from parts You can easily save ~50% ? :think: of the initial cost . You can always buy flashy things later, which is another topic but I think they are worth it ! xD.... just not in a bundle already build set, save more cash by buying parts - is what my thoughts are ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom