What would existence be like in a universe without constraint?

Narz

keeping it real
Just a thought experiment. In a world without constraint where the well being of all beings could be effortlessly attained without struggle and competition what would existence be like? Could such a world even be possible?

Zebra mussels for the win!

We would be as gods, knowing Good and Evil.
Genesis 3:5 said:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Interesting question. My first thought was to question the interactions between existence, awareness/ability to discriminate and life. My second thought was that it would be pretty boring/static.

Just a thought experiment. In a world without constraint where the well being of all beings could be effortlessly attained without struggle and competition what would existence be like? Could such a world even be possible?
Existence would be like a Star Trek holodeck where the food and all other necessities are real rather than phototonic, and nothing ever malfunctions or does something unexpected.

Short answer: Boring. Humans are hard-wired to be competitive, and this is the sort of existence that most would not find appealing, at least not for very long.

You can train a human to accept all sorts of things it's not hard wired to do.

I think this universe would be what the Christians like to call "Heaven".

Don't people of the same faith still have different ideas of what the ideal afterlife would be?

Would someone who enjoyed a competitive lifestyle while alive want to spend eternity in a place where there was no competition or no need to strive?

Does training involve constraints?

I do not see how you could have 2 individuals in the same universe and they both have no constraints. Being alone in a universe sounds more like hell than heaven to me.

I do not see how you could have 2 individuals in the same universe and they both have no constraints. Being alone in a universe sounds more like hell than heaven to me.
It makes me think about the words constraint and conflict. Are you using them synonymously?

It makes me think about the words constraint and conflict. Are you using them synonymously?
I do not think so. For a stupid example, if you and I could make all stars whatever colour we wanted, and I liked them red and you liked them blue we could not both have what we want.

I do not think so. For a stupid example, if you and I could make all stars whatever colour we wanted, and I liked them red and you liked them blue we could not both have what we want.
is that not a conflict?

is that not a conflict?
I guess so. Then what I am saying is that conflict is a limit on constraint. To have no conflict you cannot have multiple unconstrained entities in the same universe, therefore everyone having no constraint means everyone is in their own universe.

I guess so. Then what I am saying is that conflict is a limit on constraint. To have no conflict you cannot have multiple unconstrained entities in the same universe, therefore everyone having no constraint means everyone is in their own universe.
So, are we assuming that a "human" without constraints would require an entire universe? Is there any other "life form" that we can imagine sharing a universe without constraints?

Top Bottom