1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by AnonymousSpeed, Dec 6, 2017.

?

When will you be buying Rise and Fall?

1. I'll be buying it at launch.

49 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'll buy it at launch if the reviews are good.

16 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. I'm distrustful of video game journalism. I'll buy it later on, if the fan reception is good.

23 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. I'm a cynic. I'll wait for the patches to fix the bugs and balancing issues before buying.

22 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. I'm strongly displeased with Civ6 or 2K's business model. I'll never buy it.

12 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. I'm waiting to hear more about it before I make my decision.

26 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. I'm feeling risky. I'll preorder it.

84 vote(s)
    29.9%
  8. I'm not trying to miss out. I'll preorder it if there's a preorder bonus.

49 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

St. Basil's is in? No brainer. I'm buying. Russia is always my fav civ to play.

2. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Chieftain

I'll buy it when the Linux version is released.

Mr. Shadows likes this.
  3. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Well, it could definitely be poor either way, but that just encourages me to always delay buying games now. That is because there have been so many cases of broken releases that it's almost the norm and I would be wasting my time on stuff that doesn't work, and I don't believe on incentivizing companies on taking it for granted. I don't believe in auto-buying anything, and usually pre-ordering the game has had some extras to go with it (I believe people got Aztecs for pre-ordering?) So yes, even if this game was solid (which it still isn't), I wouldn't, and right til now, I don't think this game deserves a purchase at full price. It's not about how much it costs. They should earn their money. That's why I wouldn't even buy any of the crap say EA puts out for $5.

Zuizgond likes this.
  4. mehmetakifsahin

mehmetakifsahin Chieftain

I can't buy because of currency so I'm started waiting to the next sales on Steam

5. pgm123

pgm123 Chieftain

Sure. I guess if you have better things to do than click on the refund button, I understand. I'm just saying there's low risk.

6. smvalentine

smvalentine Chieftain Supporter

I'll buy it when CQUI has been patched to work with it.

I'm not loving the new features announced. I'd rather they put effort into a much better AI. (One that can be competitive without all the cheats/handicap they get now.) But it will be worth it for the new civs alone.

7. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Well, that's the thing. My original question is "Is there any advantage?", not "Are there any risks?".

8. pgm123

pgm123 Chieftain

Sure. I agree we don't seem to be getting any direct benefits at this point. I merely objected to your described disadvantage.

9. Prima Italia

Prima Italia Chieftain

I will or will not preorder depending on the civs announced. If none of the civs announced in the expansion interest me then I will wait for a sale.

10. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

this poll is biased in its options. Already preordered the expansion (on day one). My faith in firaxis is only surpassed by paradox.

11. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams Supporter

I'll almost certainly buy it at launch but would never pre-order without an incentive. Pre-ordering is a disadvantage because they have your money while you have nothing. I prefer to control my money until I have to spend it.

12. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Not risky at all, soon as I get the money together, it is preordered immediately.

13. Synth

Synth Chieftain

Pre-ordering for one simple reason: I have spare money now and I'm not good ad budgeting, so I might not have it by the time the game comes out. I'd buy it anyway, so no loss there, but I do feel a bit guilty about supporting this business model.

14. racha

racha Chieftain

I'm a cynic (not helped by the start location issues) but I'll probably pre-order if I find a good discount or they give some kind of bonus.

15. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

Civ is the kind of game that I want to play ASAP doesn't matter what, if it's bad I'll see for myself (someone has to, that's where the fan reception comes from). I'm not in a rush to pre order but I will, no reason not to.

16. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Warlord

I really can't decide. I mean not ordering until launch seems to be the wisest of decisions, at least for people who want to be cautious about bugs and stuff, but I'm loving what this expansion has to offer, and I'm a sucker for new stuff. And just in time for Christmas.

To pre-order or not to pre-order, that is the question.

EDIT: I have made my mind up! With my $50 Steam Wallet funds that I got for Christmas I have decided to pre-order the expansion, because I am loving what I've seen so far and I can't wait to play it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    WillowBrook and sonicmyst like this.
  17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

It's a consideration, but unless Firaxis goes out of business, you'll likely be okay. Or if Steam goes out of business, same deal. I certainly wouldn't pre-order from a non-reputable company I never heard of.

18. Mr. Shadows

Mr. Shadows Nomad of the time streams Supporter

Agreed, but I can always change my mind and decide not to buy it at launch.

19. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

I would vote if there would be these two options: “ Not considering buying it :nono: until Fall Patch and DLC 06 is released for Mac/Linux users.” And, “Planning on buying it if it is released concurrently with Windows on February 8th.”

20. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

Or how about just an option of: "I'm a Mac user, so i'm screwed no mater what."?

agonistes, Vandlys and Ondolindë like this.