When will you buy it?

What will you do?

• Total voters
DERP QUESTION ALERT!

If you preorder it on steam, it's still all done digitally right? No delivery or anything?

Correct. You just download it. However, they will often also let you download the game data ahead of time (in an inactive state) so it's ready to go on your computer when it hits release time.

Correct. You just download it. However, they will often also let you download the game data ahead of time (in an inactive state) so it's ready to go on your computer when it hits release time.

Wonder if this applies to Expansion Pack, and exactly how it will work, we already can assume that God and Kings will simply Stack on top of the base game (Seeing as achievements have already been added to base game).

I'm pretty sure that my order of purchase for Civ IV was:

Buy Civ IV Mac hard copy
Buy Warlords Mac hard copy
On BTS release, buy the whole package on Steam for Windows
When BTS comes out for Mac, free download of whole set on Mac

I may be misremembering that, and that may not be universal, but I think that's how it went.

I would pre-order it, but why should I?
I have the base game, but if you pre-order do you get a discount?
Do I get any advantages for pre-ordering, like an extra dlc or something for Team fortress 2?
I don't really want to spend $27 now pre-ordering if I can just get it when it comes out.
Let me know what you guys think!

Once I figure out whether or not the AI is still dumb as a bag of rocks or if the diplomacy is still broken then I'll buy it. I wouldn't get much use out of the new features if the AI is still too dumb to use them nor if the new diplomacy features were properly balanced. It would be a waste of money to buy a game when the AI isn't even smart enough to engage in basic diplomacy with me.

I would pre-order it, but why should I?
I have the base game, but if you pre-order do you get a discount?
Do I get any advantages for pre-ordering, like an extra dlc or something for Team fortress 2?
I don't really want to spend $27 now pre-ordering if I can just get it when it comes out.
Let me know what you guys think!

amazone.co.uk sells it at L 12.99 - haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else, if that is an option. if you can wait, wait for a summer or wintersale on steam!

With the pre-order discount of 10% I'm going to pre-order it. :p
I'm going to buy it anyway, so why not save 3 euro? :)

I will pre-order on steam just waiting for money to go through paypal can't wait. :D 22 days left. :twitch:

Pre-ordered on Steam a few moments ago.

Pre-ordered a few hours ago.

If you can run Boot Camp, you can just order it on Steam for PC and when it comes out on Mac you'll get that version free. At least that's the case with Civ V vanilla (and I think Steam in general).

Yeah I know that, I was just making a joke. Anyway I've never bothered putting Windows on my Mac, and whether I buy it now or at the time its released I can't get it any sooner.

Seriously though If I get it direct from Steam I'd probably buy it on day 1 of the Mac Release since for digital products I don't see there as much point in pre-order unless there is a download before release option or a pre-order incentive. Who knows since the Mac version is normal a few month behind maybe at some point between the PC release and the Mac release Steam with do a sale/limited time discount at which point I might jump in then. Then when the Mac version becomes available I can download it due to steamplay and jump right in on day 1 of the mac release and take advantage of getting the cheaper price.

However saying all that, I will most like pre-order a physical copy direct from Aspyr's store for a 2 reasons (even though most likely it will be more expensive that way).
1. It will directly support the company that actually does the porting (I'm not sure how Aspyr get their share of the profit when brought off of steam).
2. Our super fast broadband of 1.5Mbps in our village will mean that the second expansion might be out by the time I actually get it downloaded.

I took the original question to mean "when are you going to play it". Taking advantage of an early sale is always prudent but I still won't be getting into it until the weekend when I have more time and energy.

Top Bottom