Which browser do you use?

Which browser do youu use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • MSN Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 72 67.9%
  • Default Mac Browser (Can't remember the name, Safari or something)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters
I perfer Firefox over IE :smug:.

firefox followed by lynx which is a pretty good name

Avant, which is IE core. A lot of features of Firefox, without having to d/l the extentions.

Nice to see that firefox is leading by a wide margin. I wonder if that gap will be closed when the next version of IE comes out which will have most of the new features of firefox like tabbed browsing, IE extensions etc.

Opera and only opera. Tabbed browser par excellence!

Firfox, but i'm stuck with IE at school :(.

Used Internet Explorer orginally, got tired of it and decided to switch to Opera. Opera is okay, but it lacks alot of the features that Firefox does. When the new version of Mozilla Firefox came out, I switched over.

Don't even have Opera on my computer anymore.

Strider said:
Used Internet Explorer orginally, got tired of it and decided to switch to Opera. Opera is okay, but it lacks alot of the features that Firefox does. When the new version of Mozilla Firefox came out, I switched over.

Don't even have Opera on my computer anymore.

Not trying to convince you to use Opera again, but I'll wager if you listed these features, I could find ways of emulating most of them almost perfectly in Opera.

Firefox 4ever!!!!

Zelig said:
Not trying to convince you to use Opera again, but I'll wager if you listed these features, I could find ways of emulating most of them almost perfectly in Opera.

Yea, but I'd wager there's one major thing keeping him from Opera: those damn banner ads.

I know, you can pay for Opera, but why pay for it when Firefox works just as well or even better?

Plexus said:
Yea, but I'd wager there's one major thing keeping him from Opera: those damn banner ads.

I know, you can pay for Opera, but why pay for it when Firefox works just as well or even better?

Well, I have to disagree there, I don't find Firefox can meet my needs as well as Opera. ;)

However, like I said before, I keep my copy of Firefox up to date, and will switch to it as my primary browser if I ever finds it suits me better than Opera.

Opera, and only Opera (IE only the rare times when I'm ordering plane-tickets).

Firefox is a close second. But I don't find it as good as Opera on some areas:
- Mouse Gestures. Opera was first, and is still the best. Firefox's mouse gestures seems to work more slowly.
- Back to previous page. Opera does this in half a second, Firefox reloads the page.
- Tabbed Browing. I find Firefox's tabbed browser extension to be a lot weaker than Opera's, and it also slows down the entire Firefox browser when it's installed.

However, Firefox has at least one very neat features that I hope Opera will match soon: RSS Reader. Opera's RSS reader needs extra windows to show the RSS link and makes the RSS surfing a lot slower than the plugin for Firefox. A simple and easy pane on the left is all that is needed.

Opera isn't even dignified to get its own option, and MSN EXPLORER (which is just an IE clone) gets its own option? :rolleyes:

I use Opera, obviously. Awaitng Gmail support in Opera 8.

So I hear Opera is über-fast compared to FireFox. Is this true? I've been refusing to try Opera so far simply because I find the name lame.

Top Bottom