Which browser do you use?

Which browser do youu use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • MSN Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 72 67.9%
  • Default Mac Browser (Can't remember the name, Safari or something)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.5%

• Total voters
Quentin said:
So I hear Opera is über-fast compared to FireFox. Is this true? I've been refusing to try Opera so far simply because I find the name lame.

No. It's faster, especially on older sytems, but I find Firefox to be quite fast to start with, I don't think it's possible to design something that goes a huge amount faster than it.

And yes, for anyone who cares, I've tried processor optimized builds for FF, Opera's still faster for most things.

Some of the difference in size and speed come from the fact that FF is open-sourced, so they try and keep the code accesible to less experienced programmers. The Opera coders don't have to do this, so they can suplement their C++ code with assembly to optimize the program further.

I use Mozilla, Firefox, and Explorer, depending on what I'm accessing.

The idea is "don't put all my eggs in one basket". Not sure if it helps.

The Person said:
Let me express my gratitude to those who still use IE, since it's they who keep the hackers away from exploring Firefox for security holes. My sincerest thanks.

And I'm not being ironic.

Oh, you're very welcome! :goodjob:

Firefox.. I have no complaints with it and don't see what more I could possibly need..

Firefox. The main reason I like it is the tabbed browsing. :D

homeyg said:
INTERNET EXPLORER! YEAH!!!
I hope you enjoy getting constant homepage hacks and browser hacks. Not to mention a whole lot of spyware, malware, and adware that comes into your system :mischief:.

Prior to this week, I used IE, but it was so badly infected with spyware (I tried everything to get rid of it) so my homepage kept changing and all. So I switched to Firefox, and I certainly don't regret it. For the safety alone, Firefox is worth the switch.

Ditto, plus the Fire fox sign is my much better than a big stupid e

CivGeneral said:
I hope you enjoy getting constant homepage hacks and browser hacks. Not to mention a whole lot of spyware, malware, and adware that comes into your system :mischief:.

Yes, because every IE user is a complete idiot and has no idea how to use the programs they have. :rolleyes:

Do you know how many homepage hacks and browser hacks I've had in these five years of running IE? Go ahead, guess.

Turner_727 said:
Yes, because every IE user is a complete idiot and has no idea how to use the programs they have. :rolleyes:

Do you know how many homepage hacks and browser hacks I've had in these five years of running IE? Go ahead, guess.

0. Same for me, I previously had used IE since 2000, and it was only a couple months ago I switched to Firefox. Did I get spyware? No. Adware? No. Browser hijacks? No. I just wanted the additional features.

IE is fine as long as you keep it updated, and protect yourself. Just installing Firefox doesn't do the trick - it doesn't stop people from being stupid and getting spyware.

Avant Browser is IE with additional features. I have 6 browsers installed in my computer.

Opera 8 has been released! Praise! :) I'm back and kicking in Opera 8, with full Gmail support and new features. "Fit to Width" now allows me to fit the screen to match mine - no more struggling to read fixed-width websites.

Installed firefox, saw no reason to use it, tabbed browsing is nice, but it's not enough of an improvement over just clicking the corresponding taskbar button to warrant the additional installation. It's nice to be able to type a URL in the address bar of any explorer window and to go there immediately as well. I'm not enough of a moron to fall victim to any of the IE security exploits, and i'm more worried about my files falling victim to a coworker over an anonymous stranger any day in the first place. I suppose I would switch to another browser if I had a reason, but I don't. Hate the look of firefox as well, and i'm not captivated enough to find skins for it.

Top Bottom