• Spain

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Tibet

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leoreth

Blue Period
I have started playing the Celts for this month, so it is also time to vote for August. The possible options come from suggestions from last month's poll. Next poll is going to be about new civilizations again, so no suggestions this time.

This post got posted twice but this thread has one more view so I'm presuming it's slightly older.

I'm voting Byzantium because I'm curious to see how you tackle the overexpansion and conquest goals. I'd vote Brazil second because Brazil's UHV is currently impossible with the European snowballing that begins around 1800.

It'd be pretty interesting to see spain gameplay, since when I tried the civilization, it was VERY and I mean VERY difficult to accomplish much at all. You start off with practically only one city (Madrid), Moors as a snowballing civ will usually eclipse you, ironically enough. When I finished the conquest of Cordoba, I was already far behind many of my european peers (not to mention always snowballing Arabia)

Wow, voted for Argentina because of Messi playing COPA final in my place of residence and discovered it is currently the most popular choice! Seriously though, we badly need the late civ play, which will lead to the improvement of the late game, folks! Please support this choice!

I voted Byzantium cuz I tried it once and failed the conquest part of the UHV, now I want to see how Leoreth handles it.

Byzantine sounds to be much harder than it was, and who am i to disrespect the modmaker with an improper challenge? Team Byzantium GO!

Regarding August... Japan? I'd say it must be one of the most challenging civs right now. Bonus points if the walkthrough will include cheesing player's own mod (new UHV1 feels more cheese-proof than the old one, but who knows if you can abuse it in some way...)

Byzantine sounds to be much harder than it was, and who am i to disrespect the modmaker with an improper challenge? Team Byzantium GO!

Regarding August... Japan? I'd say it must be one of the most challenging civs right now. Bonus points if the walkthrough will include cheesing player's own mod (new UHV1 feels more cheese-proof than the old one, but who knows if you can abuse it in some way...)
I played a Japan game from 3000 BC start and China had Riflemen in 1200 AD. So that was interesting.

Tibet might be fun, as now you can shove 2 cities in its core with 1.18, 3 if you like overcrowding.

Shilling for Argentina so Leoreth can:
  1. Play a game in the Modern Era and suffer through trying to kill Spanish Riflemen with Argentine Musketmen.
  2. Play a game in South America and *see above*.
  3. Suffer through the 5 Golden Age UHV and *see above*.
In general I think the South American civs all feel really painful to play against the European tech imbalances, so I want to see Leoreth tackle one of them.

As much as I would like to see Argentina made playable, it's too marginal a civ for that attention to go towards it. So I'd rather Spain, Norse or Byzantium, whose potential to affect other parts of the map are far greater. (I voted Norse.)

Shilling for Argentina so Leoreth can:
  1. Play a game in the Modern Era and suffer through trying to kill Spanish Riflemen with Argentine Musketmen.
  2. Play a game in South America and *see above*.
  3. Suffer through the 5 Golden Age UHV and *see above*.
In general I think the South American civs all feel really painful to play against the European tech imbalances, so I want to see Leoreth tackle one of them.
Not only the riflemen, but how can one pull out 5 Golden Ages without the Tour Eiffel wonder (built in Japan, 1740) is beyond me. It requires 16 great people in a very short timeframe. I also hope that it would promp an UHV/UB/UU general rework for the Argentinians, I feel like they could use some love. IIRC, it was already discussed in past times, without much change happening.

Voted for Spain as it under-performs currently and therefore requires some attention.

Not only the riflemen, but how can one pull out 5 Golden Ages without the Tour Eiffel wonder (built in Japan, 1740) is beyond me. It requires 16 great people in a very short timeframe. I also hope that it would promp an UHV/UB/UU general rework for the Argentinians, I feel like they could use some love. IIRC, it was already discussed in past times, without much change happening.
It was actually my first post on the forum lol, and third last UHV to be achieved.

Argentian UHV without the Eiffel Tower needs not 16 but at least 2+3+4+5+6 = 20 GPs (unless the difference between out calculations is meant to represent UP and GGs), and 2-3 Great Artists on top of it: you absolutely want a Museum in Buenos-Aires, and i've achieved Legendary culture on Regent/Normal only with a few culture bombs from GAs. I think you can do without culture bombs, but certainly not without a Museum.

Haven't voted Argentina mostly because it's simply not a fun civ to play, it relies on getting a single wonder too much (although farming GGs through African conquests was kinda fun: Malian cities are crazy rich and can keep your culture slider at a very high rate).

Byzabros surging harder than Jeb!, you love to see it.

1721062412889.png

Also, I voted for Spain because I think the Andalusia region could be a better prize for Spain completing the Reconquista. I haven't played it myself, but after reading some other players' forum posts, it seems that Cordoba having no outlet to the sea hurts Spain a lot. An interesting suggestion I saw was to employ the World Builder "Move City+Units" function. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but maybe Spain conquering Cordoba could trigger the game to move the city of Cordoba to the Seville tile?

I feel like it would be simpler to make sure Spain settle the Atlantic/Bay of Biscay coast. But then this is a problem that's been talked about for quite a while so it probably isn't that simple.

Top Bottom