which way is the chick spinnin'?

which way is the girl spinnin'

• Total voters
So if you're a male looking at such a picture, your left brain become more activated, hence why most people here see it clockwise. :mischief:
Left brain? If it was an actual picture of a naked woman, it would be interesting to see which hand becomes active first... :p

Spoiler :
:joke:

Welcome to CFC! [party]

I can only see her going counter clockwise. That means that the dance is spinning from right to left.

@Mirc, I would say the right hand since they would be suing the mouse more to zoom in. ;)

Left brain? If it was an actual picture of a naked woman, it would be interesting to see which hand becomes active first... :p
Remember, the right brain controls the left hand and vice versa. :)

It was counterclockwise. Then I focused and it changed to clockwise. Usually when I look away from a moment and back again, it will revert back to its original direction. But it hasn't done that here!

What kind of trickery is this!? Why!?!?!?

So I voted for the last option. So I might have brain damage.

I can only see clockwise, no matter how much I try. I think it is because of the angle of her leg that is not on the ground.

I also cannot see those scrambled pictures that you are supposed to stare at and it changes/becomes clear. I just can't. My friends make fun of me.

I do not think I am a one sided thinker. I've played musical instruments and I'm good at math. I've played sports and I very much enjoy novels. I'm pretty diverse in tastes as far as left/right brain goes.

It does bug me though. Thanks for the inferiority complex, Fifty :p

Very neat, Fifty. :)

I can only make her change direction by focusing on the feet. There is a point when the spinning foot is directly behind/in front of the resting foot; I just have to "see" the spinning foot as "in front" or "behind". By changing that, it changes her direction. But if I look at the whole picture, for the life of me I can't make her change. I think it's the movement of the arms that trips me up...

To me it only makes sense if the raised leg follows the movement. Her spinning the other way around doesn't look 'natural' to me.

Maybe I would have seen things differently if it had been another object. (Not that I'm calling women objects :eek:)

I'm guessing this is what's happening the image is refreshing very fast and when she going counter-clockwise we're only seeing certain images as opposed to when we're seeing her go clockwise.

And your mind gets accustomed to seeing the images repeated and that's why it doesn't change direction for us all the time.

I haven't read the spoiler yet. I can't get her to switch directions! Argh!

I can flip Necker Cubes mostly at will.

I first focussed on the animation and it looked to be turning anti-clockwise.

After looking away slightly, enough to make the animation look blurry, and then back again - it looks to be turning clockwise.

Here's a trick to get her to switch direction: place your eyes off-center.

For example, if I focus on the left side of my monitor (and so I'm seeing her with the right side of my vision) the data is first processed in the left-brain and then shared with the right brain for integration (the information from the right eye-field (NOT the right eye, but the right eye field) decussates over to the left-brain first.

I can only see her going counter clockwise. That means that the dance is spinning from right to left.

@Mirc, I would say the right hand since they would be suing the mouse more to zoom in. ;)

Actually, it's backward for you because you're Austrailian. Like the toilet flushing, thing.

(kidding, kidding ...)

I also cannot see those scrambled pictures that you are supposed to stare at and it changes/becomes clear. I just can't. My friends make fun of me.

I couldn't either see this images until very recently! And I was very annoyed by this too. Try my focusing method - focus behind the monitor*, consciously realizing that you will see 2 images when you do this (everything will be doubled, of course :)) and then slowly move the focus back to the monitor.

Now I can easily see any of those. :)

* try to focus behind the monitor about half the distance between the monitor and your eyes.

I see it moving clockwise only. It's clearly clockwise if you look at the hands.

Nope, look again. ;) It's an illusion, it is perfectly correct in either way. The reverse just has to happen for you to understand how it looks just as correct in the other way too. :)

That's what they told me about the scrambled pictures! Argggg!

Ok, I'll try more.

It helps to actually focus on your reflection in the monitor, because then you're looking past the image on the screen.

(In regards to the Magic Eye diagrams)

Top Bottom