which way is the chick spinnin'?

which way is the girl spinnin'

• Total voters
Woha!
I though I'd give it another try and after trying several of the methods sugested in the thread without success I finaly gave. Then all of the sudden she starts spinning anti-clockwise. :)

EDIT: She is spinnig clockwise again, can't make her swap direction. :(

Try to not see it as what it is not, for it is not spinning. The use of the word "spin", along with having an apt double meaning in this case (misleading) was moreover quite dumb. The animation is created in such a way so as to give the impression of a movement towards either way, but if you focus on parts of it instead of a whole, you can pick up the fact that it is moving in a fashion that leaves your sense of motion to decide, since it is in reality just moving left and right. Once sense of space makes you think it is in true 3d, you are bound to be locked in the illusion of spin though. ;)

How the hell are most of you voting clockwise? I cannot, for the life of me, see it in a way so that she looks like she is going clockwise.

The trick is to think the left leg as the right leg and vice versa. Also blocking the view of the rest of the chick except the leg that has the shadow may help.

The trick is to think the left leg as the right leg and vice versa. Also blocking the view of the rest of the chick except the leg that has the shadow may help.

You're right. Now I understand the leg. You have to trick your mind into thinking the leg that is extended is always on the outside and don't let her spin all the way round.

^^

Not necessarily strange, when you hear the music it may activate more brain cells in your right brain aka you use your right side more and that's why you see it going clockwise. I'm not sure, but it's my theory.

Cannot see how the blue heck that chick can be seen as spinning counter-clockwise. :crazyeye:

Look at the extended leg - that is her right leg, and picture it as the hand of a clock; it is clearly moving in a circle from twelve o'clock round to three o'clock, six o'clock, nine o'clock then back up to twelve.

:confused:

Cannot see how the blue heck that chick can be seen as spinning counter-clockwise. :crazyeye:

Look at the extended leg - that is her right leg, and picture it as the hand of a clock; it is clearly moving in a circle from twelve o'clock round to three o'clock, six o'clock, nine o'clock then back up to twelve.

Nah, the extended leg can become her left leg if your brain switches the perspective ;)

I got something weird to happen. Usually when I look at her she rotates clockwise, but when I scroll past her then slowly scroll back up, she rotates counter-clockwise...

I can't see how to get her to go clockwise at all...... There is a huge sweeping motion of her left leg swinging in a gigantic counter-clockwise circle that overides anything else I try to focus on. When looking at just the feet her foot still makes that long loop and no other method seem to work.

Can't see counter at all, I think people claiming that they can are probably part of some internet joke/meme.
Sure, and we're all part of a conspiration. :rolleyes: Owned by George Bush and the ghost of Napoleon.

I only see her going counter clockwise ever, she is going counter clockwise, look at her feet, noticing that shes spinning to the outside and not the inside, that means shes spinning counter clockwise.

. .. .. .. .. .

edit:HAhahahahahahaha the picture randomly changes direction, when I refreshed the page it was spinning clockwise, it just switches up randomly. Think about it, how could a picture, becuase of what side of your brain you use, randomly change the direction in which its spinning?

For God's sake - when she is spinning counter-clockwise the left leg is spinning to the outside, not the right one! How close-minded can you be?

And the second part of the post is just plain stupid - sorry but I can perfectly control in what direction it's spinning. So I guess your conclusion is that the computer reads my mind and changes her direction accordingly?

Again, when she is spinning counter-clockwise the legs are also spinning the other way!! The extended leg is the LEFT one, and it's going the OTHER way.

This thread starts making me sad... I thought CFC's intelligence level was higher than this, I'm surprised. How can people not realize that those who see it spinning the other way see everything the other way, including the legs, shadows, etc?!

This is not a fake as far as I am concerned. I was watching it with my girlfriend and we saw it spinning in different directions (to clarify: we were looking at it at the same time and seeing it spin differently)

Jebus mirc, I appreciate that different people see it turning in different directions, I was just trying to shed some light on how I personally see the thing, for the sake of discusion/interest. :crazyeye:

Everyone should keep in mind that there actually is no chick spinning. It's a 2D image that occilates evenly between two extreme poses.

IF you see a chick spinning, you're actually falling for an optical illusion. There's no shame in that, because our eyes are programmed since infanthood to interpret a 3D world.

Everyone should keep in mind that there actually is no chick spinning. It's a 2D image that occilates evenly between two extreme poses.

IF you see a chick spinning, you're actually falling for an optical illusion. There's no shame in that, because our eyes are programmed since infanthood to interpret a 3D world.
Well, the image was clearly made with a 3d modeling tool.

It could just as easily have been a shadow of a chick spinning, with the light source emitting parallel light beams across the chick's body (e.g. light from the sun).

Started with clockwise, looked at the spoiler, then it went counter-clockwise. After some focus and practice, I can now control the direction at will. I can now make it look like she is not spinning at all, but swing her leg from side to side without making a complete turn. Very interesting.

Top Bottom