While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

The Frontier also has several other native forums that weren't designated for NESers. Those forums aren't dead at all afaik

Yeah, there's defintely still activity there; i thought he was asking about just the NES/STG forum, which is riperoni

And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

sic semper NESers

Ozymandias is Ramesses II, you silly.

Hello! I have finally brought up the courrage to post my Botwanki/Land of Equestria inspired NES concept! Enjoy!

In the despair of a world of war, there is only chaos!

After the massive destruction of the 2nd Great War of Discord, many thought the chaos

would stop. Many hoped that peace would be restored. However, it was never to be. The

New lunar republic was doomed from the stop. Without a slow change of policies from

the Old Discordian Regiem, like OTL russia had, it was doomed from the start. Not to

mension it also in the first 3 years continueing much of The dreaded's military policies.

Even after finally withdrawing its armies, the young nation would colaspe in 2 years.

Suprisingly, Discord had been a stabelizing force in the country. The massive opression,

not to mension the propoganda and constant conscriptions, help the land together from

the brink of colaspe. However, with new found political influence, massive power

vacume, and slow change of non-pony rights, nature took its course. Old american

nationals and many taken from far off lands started to become very nationalistic,

increasingly protesting for more rights, the banning of other parties, and some even

wished indipendance! Rober barons quickly started to pop up, and a significant portion

of areas continued following Discordian Communism. Civillians formed millitias to protect

against all groups, and Pro-Mexican indipence rebels started to form. It all finally came

down in Febuary 13th,2014, in which a peacefull protest in Jamaca turned violent when

a pony millita group passed by. No one knows which side provoked the other, the only

result being the slauter of both sides. Many groups took up arms in the carribean,

suported by massive defections in the mostly human garrison force. Soon, the Carribean

was under control of the Santa Jamaca Rebellion, on the 9th of May. A equestrian

response force headed by a few vetren divisions of Royal Guard, Under the Command of

the incompotent General Blueblood, soon attacked. Twas a disastor, as Both Terror,

Gurrillia warfare, and Santa Ann tatics devestated the force. Mass dessertions happened,

orders were constantly disobeyed, and even the Royal Guard had become extreamly

cautious, moving slowly to prepare for any traps. Then, the rebels, armed with military

gear, Invaded Florida in July. Parts of the yucatan penisula were also occupied at this

time. After a Spanish military force arrived for suport, the NLR aggred to all demands of

the rebellion, and the Saink Hispania Neos Carribia Was born, with large ties to the

Spanish Empire, in August. This was the breaking point, as many citizens bashed the

NLR for being so weak. Soon, protests grew to outright revolution, and on October 21, the country broke out into total chaos. Many Factions emerged, seeking to gain their own ends. a 3rd of the military outright defected, and many stood down. There was rebellions even in the traditionaly loyal west coast, filled with disatisfied ponies. The military was given a order: GO WEST. Many died along the way, forced to settle, or defected. Only A few ten thousand returned. Even when combined with much of the home front's military, they only had barely enough to guard the Rockies for things like bandit hords, Extreamly racist warbands, cults dedicated to dark and evil gods, and even hords of refuges, forced to arm themselves for any hope of reaching safety. This has caused the nation to devide into sub-factions, with the High powers only barely keeping the nation stable. Now a new era approuches, the tyrany of old and new returned. Can you make it big in a world of chaos? Can you keep together a faction? Can you even create a nation that can be classified as "Developing"? Can you even survie one month?

Try, in Age of Chaos: American Factions!

Comming sometime.

I'd say that a collection of people whose egos collided decided the fate of NESing on Civfanatics. Maybe it was a growing powder keg that was set off by improper use of authority. Maybe it was inevitable, and some NESers were finding it harder and harder to enjoy the NESes that the community was able to provide. Maybe we were all growing out in different directions, and this had to happen. Maybe, if some of us had been calmer, more tolerant or less principled we'd still be a closer and healthier community today. I'm happy to speculate, because speculating is exactly what we do here.

I would like to see more of our community hanging out on #nes. Things are still nice and active there, and we're currently running a weekly Pathfinder campaign.

I think that's what I like the most, and makes me the saddest about where we are right now. I like our commmunity, and I miss a bunch of our members. It feels like there are several glaring gaps in the group of people I still get to regularly talk with. :(

It's my tenth year on Civfanatics, and my tenth year as an NESer. I'm sad about where we are right now, but I'm hopeful that people in the older parts of the Frontier, and in the IOT forum will continue to grow and flourish in their creation of stories, games and narratives, and I'm hopeful that, in time, the ember in this forum will be re-lit. Perhaps the torch is passed for good, perhaps it shall return.

Maybe I should simply ask everyone to be respectful here. Don't denigrate or make light because of conflicts that some of you may have had with those who chose to leave. The NES community has created beautiful, fantastic things, creating worlds of intricate detail, richness and depth. It is happy and memorable, and it has introduced me to some wonderful people who I count among my closest and longest-held friends.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas (or whatever else you may celebrate) to all!

Incidentally, for those of you who played and enjoyed Core, I've got a new game up now. Different setting, but the idea of playing a single character in a large city is largely the same.

Merry Jesusmas to qll Christians, and merry Yuletide to everyone else. :3

gro$$ send it back it's already terrible ;)

Top Bottom