While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

Guys, jeez, take it slow. This thread hasn't seen this much activity in years. You know these babies can overheat and then they need a full overhaul.

Also, speak in complete sentences. And eat your vegetables.

In an unrelated note, I PMed a version of the consensus forum description to moderation for approval.

I would have no qualms about you making OOC posts in thread if it pertains to the game, although this place is also perfectly fine :) Whichever you prefer!

And glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Yeah, what Ninja said.
Well, thanks to all for a good show - I came in late and haven't tried very hard to catch up, but everyone's done a nice job of stuff that's hardly simple, but still not hard to make sense of, at least once I searched back and found out how the Vash stuff started. Very nice sense of mythic grandeur collectively managed.

-On a related note, I found this one because I got curious about what had happened to this community, having seen hints in Site, and had been sorta tracking activity in here all year - and it pleases me to see building/rebuilding done right, which is as simple and hard as organizing and participating in and having good NESes which I sense this one is; it's certainly active and the quality of the effort and writing and thought is high. Full marks all around. That's the correct answer to "Everybody [girldogs] about the state of NES, but what do we DO about it?

:goodjob:

Rebuild from the ground up. Good, old-fashioned althist city-states fighting city-states at the behest of a mod that claims to want to see diplomacy.

Have so much fun that people can't stay away. Make it an attraction.

Doh! I was supposed to stop at 1234 posts. Now i've got to post like 1110 more to get 2345.

One day I'm gonna get around to creating my own god game and players will only get to play decaying gods or the heroes that hunt/protect them.

One day I'm gonna get around to creating my own god game and players will only get to play decaying gods or the heroes that hunt/protect them.

Well, I'm certain there are ways people can go about doing that in NDNES anyway :p We have yet to lose a god to mortal hands, although we just came close in the last update.

Rebuild from the ground up. Good, old-fashioned althist city-states fighting city-states at the behest of a mod that claims to want to see diplomacy.

Doh! I was supposed to stop at 1234 posts. Now i've got to post like 1110 more to get 2345.

...Okay; somebody please translate that for an outsider...

Rebuild from the ground up.

A good foundation of traditional NESes up to more concept NESes? I dunno, our concept NESes strategy are doing pretty well.

Good, old-fashioned althist city-states fighting city-states

Ok, this refers to really old "fresh starts" which are based on the Civilization model, with everyone starting with a city state-country with their own cultures. Obviously, this leads quickly into conflicts.

at the behest of a mod that claims to want to see diplomacy.

A mod is someone who runs a game. Is this meant to be sarcastic? But anyway, the mod in this case would want more diplomacy, whereas the overcrowded players want social darwinistic culture clashing wars! :p

My mom claimed I was addicted to NESing. I'm guessing he suggests we distill crack-NESes to get people hooked. :p

This is only semiserious analysis/explanation, but hopefully that helps! Feel free to join us at our chatroom in #nes (warrensofthought.com is the hostname or w/e)

To the extent that anyone's interested, I recently launched a psychological horror/survival themed game, A Calm in the Storm. The thread is hosted on the IOT subforum, but the game itself is played somewhat like an RPG (though much more heavily narrative-and-context driven, no stats or anything like that) in a chatroom. Flexible for different timezones; I already have players from three continents.

Hi guys, summer has been really busy for me and the weather has been generally good, I haven't been able to get back into my space empires IoTNES, though I'm still fully intending to update it in future.

My working day + commute is still 8:15am - 7:15pm, which does not help. Last month I narrowly missed out on getting a job closer to home.

Now that summer is ending, I was thinking of running a quick alternate-timeline style game here in NES for old times sake, and to ease myself back into forum gaming. 'Quick' probably meaning that I'm writing huge updates by update 3 and I get stalled by update 4, but yeah....

Can't wait to get back to it Daft! I've still got a half-written first contact story sitting on the back burner.

Top Bottom