1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by BSmith1068, Sep 15, 2014.

1. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

nobody keep me on the loop. :(

2. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Isn't Bohemian HRE completely pointless since you're giving up a free German culture union for a West Slavic culture union, which is completely pointless since you don't have any other West Slavic pops but you sure as hell have every single stripe of German pop.

3. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

I had the entirety of the West Slavic culture group, and idea groups for accepting 90% of the German groups.

EDIT: I had intended to keep the vassal swarm, but we were wrapping up so I just hit the button.

4. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

How are we not keeping you in the loop Joan? If you're feeling that way, you should drop by #nes more often!

5. JohannaK

I really should just focus on finishing uni for now, I think it'll be better.

6. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Academic institutions are lies, the earth is flat, god is dead. I advocate running screaming into the forest and asserting your dominance over the local squirrel population.

7. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

You humano-centric imperialist! Squirrels have a beautiful culture of their own you're oppressing! All humans should just kill themselves. Every human is guilty! Their mere existence is an acceptance of human priviledge!

EDIT: /s

8. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Well, you know, the last three sentences aren't all that wrong. Maybe the one about all humans killing themselves.

9. Terrance888

Well I for one am excited at mankind's efforts and ability to stick mother nature's face into the earth, boot on her neck, while we fleece every ounce of potential profit from her once-virgin lands that we can reach. Thank you kindly for my dose of human privilege, fellow human under subserviant situation known as employment, NOW GIVE ME ANOTHER! And make it flashier too! *sip*

10. Lord of Elves

It's always amazing to see how some people really manage to always be pet and cuddled by institutions throughout their entire lives, such that when people criticize institutions (the state, organized religion, racial identities, etc.) you get this "Yeah well, you just ... uh, you just want to save the squirrels, or some stupid crap like that, you loony!"

I'm not a bleeding heart y'all. I'm just angry :rolleyes:

11. Terrance888

You know, I was going to try to say something funny and relevant, but honestly I can't see how your statement is relevant at all. EDIT and in fact am somewhat baffled by it.

You didn't criticize any institution and advocated squirrel imperialism, I posted a sarcastic response (even remembered to add the /s at the end of it) as befitting some rhetoric I see floating around in general, Tolni posted something bouncing off mine and I clarified something closer to my actual position, except with humorous overstatement to match the mood.

Unless someone responded like that "in real life", and you're trying to take out your frustrations with humor here and I missed it? So it wouldn't be relevant to the back and forth above your post, but just something that happened IRL?

In that case, I hope you come to terms with your anger somehow.

12. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

To be fair, he kind of did

It seems like Lord was trying to say that school isnt worth it to tolni, and to drop out. Then he got a bit tounge in cheek with the the rest of the post, but the meaning behind it was clear.

Not going to throw my own hat into the ring in re if I agree with LoE or not, but I wanted to clear up the confusion before things got nastier.

13. JohannaK

TIL I am Tolni. :mischief:

Ninja Dude likes this.
  14. Terrance888

Oh. I thought it was a mixture of advise and jokin. Thanks.

15. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Can we swap places okay thanks

I get to be a sexy Catalan and you...Uh...Well..I'm sure you'll like it too

16. Lord of Elves

@Omega124 I'm saying academic institutions are lies, I'm not saying school isn't worth it ;)

@Terrance888 I appreciate the thought but it's not that serious. I was just riffing off of what JohannaK said. Mostly I don't feel qualified to give advice to @Tolni at all. I think it depends on what your (his) personal situation is. Personally, I think being associated (if just briefly) with higher academic institutions like universities still has certain benefits that don't rely on your getting out with a degree and a job. I'm definitely not telling anyone to just drop out. Sorry to make it political, I wasn't trying to make a political statement in earnest.

17. Terrance888

18. Lord of Elves

:salute: Yeah I'd hope so. For sure

19. Decamper

Decamper ..!

now kiss.

20. Lord of Elves

u kno how it is

Daftpanzer likes this.