1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by BSmith1068, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

“As ever, it is our distinct pleasure to entertain an emissary from Her Majesty across the sea, long may she reign.”

“Long may she reign.” Cavendish echoed. His eyes surveyed his host. The man had the earthen complexion of the Nawattle people, reddish brown with straight black hair, high cheekbones on an angular face, and a long, hooked nose.

“I am Tlanextic, Deputy Minister of Tributes, and this is my house. I am sure you are tired by your journey.” The man sat himself down at the table and gestured for his guest to do the same. “Please, be welcome, help yourself to whatever foods you wish, simply ask and the servants will attend. My Lord the has instructed me to share all that I might, and to see that you are comfortable during your stay here in Mexico.”

“Your Lord's hospitality is greatly appreciated.” Cavendish sat down and replicated the manner of his host, taking a cautious sip of the beverage before him- a dark and biting bittersweet fluid. Spread across the table were an assortment of meats, fruits and foreign vegetables, along with the flatbreads that seemed to permeate all parts of Nawattle cuisine. His host gathered a small handful of food before dropping it into an earthen jar beneath the table.

“So, Lord Cavendish, I understand that Her Majesty has sent you to our land on a... fact finding mission, is that correct?”

Archibald Cavendish nodded, carefully measuring his host. The man spoke clear and proper English, and masked his accent well. Had he been to England himself in the past, to learn? Possibly. His voice was calm and measured, and he spoke with much less pomp and bluster that the Englishman would have expected from a prominent lord of Mexico.

“Yes, that is correct. Her Majesty is fascinated by the Empire of our allies in the western continent, and desires to learn more of it. For many in our Kingdom, Mexico is but a distant name on a map. We wish to learn more of your empire, and how it functions.”

Tlanextic's eyes lightened, although he did not smile, as he responded.

“To understand how we stand today, I must start with the past.”

“Then let's begin there.”

“The Mexica were born in the land of Aztlan, far to the north. In centuries past, our god commanded us south, and we came into the valley in which we stand this very day- much like your Saxon ancestors once crossed into England. Our Tlatoani- our King, pardon me, struck an alliance with the other lords of the lake, and our forces did battle with our neighbours. Over time, our King grew to eclipse his allies, and became the first of the Emperors, and our state exerted itself upon its rivals. In time, all accepted our suzerainty. The Emperor ruled, as he does now, with a fair and gentle hand. Local kings and nobles retain their own laws and practices, so long as tribute is delivered to the Huetlatoani, the Emperor of the Mexica. It has ever been my office, and that of my predecessors, to ensure that the tributes are paid on time and in full.”

“And if they should fail to do so?”

“Autonomy is a privilege swiftly revoked, when the lesser kings and nobles forget themselves. Those that rise against the Emperor do not gain the opportunity to do so a second time. Through the attrition of the years, many such kings have fallen, and their cities are now ruled through stewards, direct appointments of the Executive. Still, those who do demonstrate their continued loyalty may find themselves granted land and title in the newer holdings of our state. Thus, today, the state remains ruled by the Emperor, who is mirrored by his Prime Minister. While the Emperor holds sway over all matters foreign, the Prime Minister's responsibility is in matters domestic. I, for example, report first to the Prime Minister, while my military counterparts stand directly beneath the Emperor.”

“A fascinating dichotomy.”

“Hmm... I could see why an Englishman might say so. Both such powers are vested in Her Majesty... perhaps that is a reflection of the English mind- a singular god, a singular ruler. But I digress, I'm sure we can speak more of philosophy later, once we have had some more to drink. My office is responsible for overseeing all matters of tribute, but there are times when the soft hand of the Prime Minister is unavailable, and the Emperor places his own military governor in charge.”

“Does that lead to conflict between these paired branches of your government then? Losses of power or prestige for one or the other, when one group must cede control to another?”

Cavendish caught what he thought might have been a flash of irritation on his host's face, which was quickly wiped away.

“No such thing would take away from the power or prestige of the Emperor. There are no contests or petty rivalries between the great offices. That might happen in Europe, but that is not the character of the Mexica.”

“Of course. Forgive my misunderstanding.”

“Forgiven without grudges.”

“And if I may inquire further- you've made it clear, and I've learned from your history, that the Emperor rules indirectly, drawing tribute from the lesser city-states. But today, you now expand far beyond the bounds of cities and kingdoms, into the wilds. How does this system function on the frontiers?”

“A thoughtful question... and one without a single answer. Long before our people had fully united the city states around us, new conquests which had... for various reasons, lost their leadership, were granted to the loyal nobility of the home valley. As cities ran out, we began to establish more of our own, young cities without history. Many young knights and nobles, ambitious or unable to inherit in their places of birth, established corporations to found new provinces where they might reign. Other regions were settled directly at the Emperor's command, and have been ruled for the entirety of their histories by stewards. The ah... hmm. Pardon me, I struggle for the word. Pochteca... they are merchants, but not in the manner of yours. They are... as merchants and nobles and public servants, all at once. I do not believe your language has such a word.”

“I... don't believe I could think of one myself. State merchants, perhaps?”

“Not exactly but, ah... agents, perhaps? They can serve diplomatic roles as well.”

“Agents is general, but it works.”

“Very well. Our Agents have managed portions of the expansion, and continue to serve a vital role to the Emperor.”

“So the expansions are, in general, a mixture of independent efforts of the nobility, direct imperial projects, and what amounts to an organized state merchantry?”

“And the priesthood, of course, but that would go without saying- certainly we both know that your priests have an active role in your colonies.”

“In Christianizing the natives and seeing to the spiritual needs of the settlers, of course. Although... well, I must confess, I know only of the Nawattle faith what I have read, some from none-too-accurate sources, I suspect. You are familiar with the Christian faith, are you not?”

“I am familiar, from my studies and time in Port Royal. The god of the land of Israel, who created all from nothing and whose mortal son was sacrificed to ensure the survival of humanity.”

“Well, what I know of your practice likely comes nowhere near to you know of mine- I know you venerate many gods, whose names I couldn't hope to pronounce, and any details beyond that I would doubtlessly do nothing but disappoint. I would quite like to hear it directly from one of the faithful- I assume you do practice.”

“I do. And it is an uncommon European to actively inquire of our faith, I understand your kind find some of our practices distasteful.”

“My mission here is to learn and report accurately, not to pass judgement.”

“How refreshing! Very well. First, you need to know that our world was not created by nothing. It is the latest in a series of worlds, cycling eternally from one age to another. This age in which we live today, this world, is that of the Moving Sun, and we live in the late period. In time, this world will end- and I understand that view is held in common with many Christians. This world, as all before it, is held in balance between bifurcated forces- wet and dry, dark and light, woman and man. Our state, as you noted, follows this same pattern, for its structure is ordained in the structure of the cosmos itself.

“There are many gods who exist, yours doubtlessly being one of them. Thus, you can find temples to Yahweh, god of Israel, within our land. Yahueteotl, or Ometeotl, in our language, and the rumours you may have heard about us destroying his temples, I might note, are unequivocally false. It's unwise to spite any god, or any description, and that your god is worshipped across such a great breadth of land is simple evidence for his greatness. But the God of our people is Huitzilopochtli, and he is the Lord of the Sun and a mighty warrior. It is to Him that we sacrifice, for it is he who struggles to sustain our dwindling age. Other deities receive reverence for various reasons, which is their due, but it is the God of the Nahua who protects our very existence from the coming age of Long Darkness. So as your god had his son sacrificed to protect man, our God has man sacrificed to protect all creation.”

“And these other gods?”

“Tlaloc, Quetzalcoatl, Tezcatlipoca... I could speak of many, but you may wish to consult a priest- my roles have their own divine ordinance, but I am not versed in the lore of every spirit there is.” Tlanextic reached down the table and collected an ornate pipe, lighting it from a splinter in the brazier at the table's end, before speaking. “Do you partake?”

“Yes please.”

Correspondence of Archibald Cavendish

The Nawattle consider themselves to be less of a state, by continental standards, and more an elabourate tributary system which has, in recent centuries, increasingly begun to resemble a unitary state. The paradigm of the mesoamerican peoples, prior to their discovery, was of rival city states and leagues, somewhat comparable to Greece of antiquity. They warred between one another and established tributary networks, but never truly began the nation-building process. The Nawattle of Tenochtitlan were the first group, so far as I can tell, that were able to escape the constant cycle of minor wars, tributary accumulation, and subsequent collapse at the hands of rebelling tributaries and outside forces. I have several hypotheses for how and why it was them to break the trend, although their own account is that their patron sun-god, who is also apparently a hummingbird and a great warrior, led them to sustained victory over their foes. I suspect that their system of accumulating wealth and power in a single capital city was part of a long-term trend that would eventually enrich one victorious city so much that its hegemony over the region was all but guaranteed.

The leader of Mexico is an Emperor, which is a semi-hereditary position. It does not pass from father to son regularly, but stays consistently within a single ruling dynasty. The Emperor- or 'Great Speaker', in the Nawattle language, rules by divine right, and holds both mundane and ritual roles. The former roles are overwhelmingly military. To compensate for this, the Emperor has a Prime Minister, whose roles involve domestic governance and tribute collection. The Prime Minister's title in the native language translates literally to 'Serpentess'. I have not yet been able to fully understand the reasons for this, but I believe it has something to do with the dualistic outlook of the Nawattle, who ascribe the foreign as masculine and the domestic as feminine, coupled with their reverence for serpents.

Several parallel governmental systems exist within the Nawattle state. Beneath the Emperor are a military council, and the leaders of various different military branches, all of which seem to have their own very distinct practices and traditions. Beneath the Prime Minister are the various lesser Kings, Dukes, Chieftain and other landed nobility, as well as the Imperial Stewards. The Nawattle appear to have, in more recent years, developed a more organized and hierarchical system of domestic government, with High Stewards serving directly below the Prime Minister, each holding responsibility over the various regions of the Nawattle state. They could be compared to provincial or colonial governors or dukes, with the lesser nobility and stewards being the equivalent of counts and lesser positions.

The priesthood holds a role that seems to lack direct political influence on the state, but whose presence is constantly felt. The integration of the Nawttle faith into all levels and branches of governance gives whole state a distinctively theocratic flavour, although only in holy cities and great pyramidal temples do I find priests with obvious earthly influence. The priests appear to have orders, although I have not even begun to pick apart their intricacies, and I am hesitant to pry too aggressively, lest I insult them and place our valuable alliance into jeopardy. With this said, the Nawattle appear to be genuinely quite tolerant of the Christian faithful, although they will not be questioned on their use of human sacrifice, which they view as a religious imperative of foundational importance. Additionally, they are quite insistent of the primacy of their sun god within their own borders (time and location having a significant role in their faith, as opposed to the universality of the Christian God). They do not take kindly to proselytization of the type that would subvert their existing religious order, denigrate their sun god, or declare sacrifice to be sinful. Indeed, while the Nawattle seem to lack a conception of 'sin', as we understand it, they nonetheless have a variety of laws and proscriptions that ensure that they live lives roughly in accordance with our values, the major issues mentioned in other letters notwithstanding.

The 'pochteca' are a group that remains enigmatic to me. These men are best described as an unlanded noble class who serve as merchants, diplomats, and agents of the Emperor. They are very present throughout the Empire, and outside of its borders as well- I believe that many foreign merchants of the Nawattle belong to or are members of the pochteca 'guilds'.

Then there are the knights. The 'Kwa-oopilli' are mostly peasants lifted from their low station by great actions of civil or military service... although to be frank, it appears that military service is one of the only common means of social advancement in the Empire. I cannot understate the stunning degree of militarism present in all aspects of Nawattle society. Even the Prime Minister and the merchantry derive much of their prestige from military service and martial prowess, and the whole nation conducts regular ritualized warfare- perhaps echoes of the traditional 'flower wars' waged between the rival city-states centuries ago in the valley of Mexico. The enthusiasm and willingness of the Nawattle to wage war is something that must always be remembered, and may potentially be used to the advantage of Her Majesty.

In short, the people of whom I have come to learn are of a striking sort. Their national character is in many ways admirable- they are stern, disciplined and moderate in many ways. They have a firm sense of justice and are not easily swayed away from their own sense of proper conduct. They can also be very stubborn and inflexible in certain areas. While their rapid technological development in recent years reflects their willingness to change, they often hold an attitude which could be described as haughty, being utterly convinced that the very structure of their nation is divinely ordained and that their peculiar worldview is unquestionably correct.

I hope that the attached manuscript, which delves into my travels in greater detail, finds you in good health.

Your humble servant,

-Archibald Cavendish

2. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

For various reasons, my character in Thlayli's Pathfinder Campaign presently finds herself in the body of a large cicada.

Boone's Journal: Tower of the Transmuters, Day 1:

Spoiler :
    It is the late evening of the day that I first quaffed the transmutational brew. It was an experience quite unlike anything I can recall, though I suppose it has likely happened to some branch of myself at some point in history. I felt my skin thickening like some body-wide callus or scab, but inside it burned. The anatomy of an insect is particularly alien to that of most sentient races, so I suppose the effects of the potion had to be correspondingly radical. I'm aware that I lost many organs and gained many new ones- I can thank a certain Kanetic Priestess who had an affinity for scarabs for that particular jewel of knowledge- and at some point lost my skeleton altogether, though fortunately by that point my skin had hardened enough to hold myself in one piece. I am morbidly curious about how many died at the hands of the Transmuters during their efforts to create the first beetle-men. Perhaps I will have the opportunity to access their libraries during our stay here, or in some time in the future. [Dog Ear On Page]

The feeling of internal dissolution was very offputting. I think it could best be compared to suffering a grievous injury, while being heavily numbed to sensation. You are aware that something very incorrect is happening to your body, but without the accompanying pain to provide reason and context. I had early on lost all feeling in my skin beyond a faint sense of temperature, but losing sensation within that shell was an entirely different beast. I truly can't say if my limbs disappeared first, or if I became numbed and believed them lost. Whatever the matter, I felt myself shrink away, as if I was dissolving painlessly. This was the closest moment I came to feeling fearful. What if the dissolution proceeded all the way into the core of my mind? I've pondered the continuity of consciousness problem often enough to be confident in the correct answer, and as such put myself into a meditative trance. The changes tickled my mind, and I cannot be certain, but I am reasonably confident that I was conscious through the whole process and didn't start a new iteration of myself. Alternatively, I might have temporarily transcended my body in my meditation, while the material of my brain dissolved and reformed itself. Look into this in the future. [Dog Ear On Page]

In little time, I felt the first inklings of the body I wear now. My sense of proprioception was all akimbo, but I could feel my limbs, soft but protected in the shell, like a child in the womb. It was around this point that I think I had the first sense of changes within my mind. Firstly, I seemed to have a good sense of how to move my new limbs and body from the start- I suppose that is instinctive. Speaking of instincts, such a radical physical change seems to have come with something of a mental rewiring, like pouring the same mind into a differently-shaped mould (check spelling). I should record my suspicions and what I've noticed now, while it's still fresh in my memory.

This brain seems wired in a very direct way. Many things come effortlessly. While a human child takes years to learn to walk, I could do it at once, though that might be a function of the potion- write more on that later. I suspect that humans, and mammals in general, have various nurturing instincts which are largely absent in many insects, although the concern the bettle-man at the Titan's Skull expressed for his family may counter that hypothesis. At any rate, I have felt somewhat short and irritated with several people around me. Perhaps I am less innately capable of empathy in this form, or perhaps I am overanalyzing and this is how I always am. I may also simply have been hangry.

It occurs to me now that I am curious what my knights would think if they saw me now- but I am likely without concern. They would follow me to death when they fully believed me to be Calcis' devil in the very flesh, I doubt they'd take great issue with following their insect queen. Piro might be a touch alarmed, but he's honestly seen worse.

Rereading this it occurs to me that my topics have been jumping all around. This draws my attention to another difference in myself that I have noted. My current mind seems to process several different threads of thought simultaneously, possibly much more effectively than I was able to do as a human. While this doesn't stand out at all to myself, while I think, it becomes obvious when I attempt to put my thoughts onto paper, where only a single idea may be entertained at once.

Speech has been perhaps the most frustrating part of this experience, and is likely contributing to my crabby mood. It took me some time to figure out how to do much more than simple hissing noises, hums and consonants, and even now I struggle to be understood. It seems that the insects created by the transmuters have insect-like internal anatomies, rather than merely wearing an insect-like exterior, in spite of their slightly more humanoid forms, as I presently do not have any lungs, which renders speech in the traditional manner very difficult. In case I struggle to remember this after I revert to a human shape, I will note that I can hiss by pushing air out of my spiracles, and make a hum by working some of my internal muscles. My mouthparts, which are confusing enough already, can't do much more than make clicking noises.

And on those. Gods! I am struck with sympathy for a cicada that found itself transformed into a human, for it would probably bite its tongue every few seconds, if it managed to avoid choking on it. For my part, there are at least six moving pieces, all of which fold into each other. At one point while eating soup (my mouth seems to be poorly adapted for solid food) something got stuck, and I had to use Repriever's shield to see what was going on and get everything back in place. Fortunately, when I stopped trying to be deliberate and just let my body's instinctive movements guide my eating, things went much more smoothly. I really ought to see if I can find some anatomy texts while I am here.

On the topic of sight, surprisingly that was only a minor change. My vision feels slightly less acute, but I can see a broader field, and colours are much more vivid- I am quite certain that I can see shades that are wholly invisible to the human eye. I find myself preferring things dim, although my hood allows me to darken things and stay comfortable when it is bright outside. I should make a point of asking the others.

Lethe has had little obvious reaction to my change, although I imagine that to a divine, the difference between a human and an insect is minor. Perhaps then, this is a useful preparation for what may yet be my own future. Does she feel lonely? Can she?

But back to speech. I've found ways to make myself generally understood, but found that it is likely easier to just generate an auditory illusion, which works just as well, but only for limited periods. Comprehend languages would be useful if I knew how to speak an insectoid clicking language. More often I have simply found myself remaining quiet- I am unsure how much of this is simple frustration with an inability to be understood, and how much is the mental differences in my current brain, which seems to grow frustrated and impatient more quickly than normal.

There have been some clear benefits though. I spent the better part of the last few weeks working with Amutat on matters of evocation. I've been using my gauntlet to focus elemental energies, and learne dto generate simple elemental rays and focused attacks. Soon after, I found that I could further enhance it by simultaneously channeling Artan divinity, thus applying my affinity with stone and earth into the attack. But it wasn't until I started pondering this again, earlier today, that I realized how inefficient I was being with my energy. With my focal gauntlet capable of manipulating gravity, my elemental ray being a simple, raw release of intense thaumatic energy, and my earth channeling, I was just causing immense damage by disrupting a single target- just punching someone with a big fist of magic. But by spreading out my focus into a circular interference grid, the raw amount of damage afflicted goes up dramatically, affecting a whole area, for only a small increase in my own effort, turning a simple disruption into a powerful seismic blast. Since this realization, I have been going through the rest of my arsenal, considering what may be improved. Very exciting!

I am still not entirely sure if I need to sleep in this body. I used to assume that a thinking mind is the primary factor behind whether something needs to sleep or not, but recent experiences have thrown this into doubt. If so, I strongly anticipate stranger dreams than normal. If not, I have much more time to optimize blast patterns, and to figure out the best course of action for reaching the illusionists. Or figure out how to speak properly.

Thlayli and thomas.berubeg like this.
  3. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Wonderful, Iggy! I really enjoyed this. And it's very inspiring to me as a DM. :)

4. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

So since I like and know a lot of ya'll more than I know random strangers on roll20, I figured I'd post on CFC first.

For those of you unaware, I'm out of the forum game business, because I've become addicted to Dungeons and Dragons, fifth edition. At the moment I'm DMing one "for fun" group with some friends, one campaign for my wife, and one paid campaign. My paid campaign has fallen through due to the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, and I'm really needing more of a DnD fix than I'm currently getting. Therefore, I am putting together a group of five adventurers for a campaign on roll20. Four more are required.

Real life details: This will be a consistent group taking place every Tuesday night at 7PM Eastern Standard Time over Roll20, typically voice only. Each session is planned to last 3-4 hours (I'm a working man, can't stay up all night).

The Setting: Tamriel in the Fourth Era from the Elder Scrolls universe.

The Campaign: While I do have some ideas and specific adventures planned, I hope to honor the spirit of the Elder Scrolls by making this an open ended sandbox campaign, directed by the backgrounds and goals of the party. One thing I have discovered while DMing is that my strength lies in improvised campaigns and adventures, rather than working off a rigid module.

Rules: Base Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition ruleset, with some of the Unearthed Arcana allowed, based on what you want to play. The only things not used from the original Players' Handbook is the races, and a handout will be provided detailing the player races available for this campaign. Otherwise all classes and equipment are available as described in the players' handbook.

How to join: Just contact me either over Steam (Same username as here) or via PM here (I'll be checking for any messages over the next couple of weeks before the campaign starts). My goal is to have an online "session 0" for each new player to get a good idea of the character you want to create and how you want to play.

I miss a lot of you, and I hope that some of you may be interested in joining this campaign!

erez87 likes this.
  5. EQandcivfanatic

So I'm just posting this to see if anyone knows how Milarqui and JoanK are doing these days? I'm fairly sure that JoanK was the person who was a Catalonian nationalist, and after the declaration of independence today, couldn't help but think of them both.

6. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Joan seems to be doing well, for now. Furious, for good reason, but he's alive and well on IOTChat.

Unlike Makhno.

7. EQandcivfanatic

Do we know if he's been out in the streets during all this? Furious as in anti-independence or furious at how the Spanish are handling it? Glad to know he hasn't been beaten down by the police though.

8. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Yep, he's definitely been out in the streets, and ofc he's angry at the way the Spanish handled it.

9. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Well I¡m more indignant than furious. No violence no nothing. Unless they put me in jail in the coming days you'll keep on hearing from me.

10. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

Expletive Madrid for this.

11. EQandcivfanatic

Well good luck, stay safe. I'm rooting for you Catalans in all of this, you deserve a state of your own.

JohannaK likes this.
  12. JohannaK

Thanks. Uncertain times ahead. I think if the 21-December election Rajoy called for can be made to fail spectacularly, that could be decisive. The coming week, if the Catalan government is arrested in bulk under false charges of rebellion (the guy who wrote it into law was on the radio today explaining that rebellion charges require violence, which there hasnt been), can be a bellweather re: popular and institutional support for independence/against 155.

13. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

4 years ago, I was abandoned by my allies.

4 years ago, I was abandoned by my friends.

4 years ago, the cause I had devoted my life for turned its back on me.

---

I watched proud empires bend the knee and give up all dignity. Willingly, they surrendered themselves to a power which had been nothing but a graveyard bully. A vulture; an insidious, corrupting force that had done nothing to deserve victory.

And so as the enemy horde closed in around me, the allies I had fought so hard to protect remained silent - or even worse, willingly sent their fleets to the other side of the galaxy. Mocking me as I fell.

In my final moments I was abandoned by all. All except one - Thomas Berubeg. The only true ally I ever knew. The last soul to give me hope.

We died together. Four years ago. And as our enemies chased our last fleets into oblivion, I knew then - NESing was dead.

Though the flame of this community flickered on for a while longer, I knew its spirit had already died, out there in the cold expanses of a hate-filled galaxy. Blank faces filled with apathy.

I became a lost soul, my burning desire for vengeance the only warmth I could feel. A desire for vengeance that will transcend lifetimes, transcend reality itself.

And yet, hope still flickers. In scattered places it takes root - on random chats, on dark corners of civ forums. The hope that some spark will ignite once again, that people may recover their creativity, their dignity, their sense of pride, their sense of togetherness, and come together to create wonders - worlds teeming with life, vast empires reaching peaks of greatness, brave fleets venturing out into the stars once more.

Until that day, I will wait... And dream...

thomas.berubeg likes this.
  14. Angst

As always, I'd like to point out that me sending all my ships to the other side of the galaxy was to save our mutual ally, and at the point of your invasion, it was pointless to do anything due to every single system bordering my systems had superior numbers, superior speed, superior production and superior weapons tech. They played it safe, and I could do nothing. Infact, sending in ships would send their ships through me into you, making your downfall more expedient. If you really need a symbolic gesture for our friendship, try and understand my frustration when I've tried to explain myself every year since I care for you so much. :)

I know we're fine now, of course. Still.

I understand that others actively backstabbed you, but that wasn't me.

15. JohannaK

Ia this about NES or about Neptune's Pride?

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  16. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

It's about NP.

17. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

Late January / Early February 2014, Never Forget

It is my pleasure to keep alive the memory of the brave sacrifice of the Panzerian and Thomassian Space Elves, now and forever.

@Angst I seem to remember breaking a peace deal with an alliance that could've helped me be a top player in order to liberate your core systems when you were close to defeat, but hey :p

This is why you shouldn't ever play an epic huge game of NP with people you know

18. Angst

Daft, your help was amazing, but that doesn't connect at all to the thing you're blaming me for. It would've helped nothing.

19. JohannaK

This is the next season of Feud: lord_joakim v. Daftpanzer.

thomas.berubeg, Angst and Daftpanzer like this.
  20. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Incorrugible

I regret nothing. I attacked whoever I attacked because I wanted to amass as much territory as possible to stop some prick who'd been eating AI the whole game from finishing in 3rd.

Also I'm running a NES in IOT. Come play, I promise as mod I won't betray you.

thomas.berubeg likes this.