• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how I can read all their other articles too by simply stopping the loading process when the text comes in. A+ in execution Billy.

Those who enjoyed Supreme Commander I would just like to inform that its multiplayer has been revived by a community effort called Forged Alliance Forever. I don't play, but I enjoy watching the ridiculously long replays casts with battleships, nukes, giant death robots and so on...

I believe their revenue model relies on the idea that people with money are willing to pay a pittance to save themselves the effort of even bothering, which probably does actually work fairly well when applied across enough people.

Also you get lots of little perks from a subscription. Last month I "won" a ticket to a Nats game.

Someone else saw this blitzkrieg? (World Cup)

Me! Although I almost had to look away during that 4-goals-within-6-minutes spree. Ouch. I've spent hours this world cup watching matches for social reasons, where not much was happening, then this. I don't know what was worse :) I was mostly neutral but still feel for the Brazilians.

Yup. I laughed, and then felt bad when they cut to a Brazilian boy in tears. Then I failed to comfort an Argentine fan who wanted a Brazil-Argentina final by reassuring them they could play each other on Saturday.

I see what you did there :)

I've got a dual-screen setup at work which is proving very handy for reading through EoE. I've got the black forum skin, which looks very much like the text editor we use for coding. I keep emails or something up on the other screen. Sorted :)

Pain and Gain is a good film made better by imagining that all three of the main characters are Nuke.

One wonders how stupid the Brazilian leadership is:

"The hope that Brazil has is that the measures would curb the control the US has in terms of infrastructure and that maybe it will be a pressure for the United States to change its practices that came to knowledge after the Snowden leak," said Marilia Maciel, a researcher who works on Internet security policy at Brazil's Fundacao Getulio Vargas.

To do this, Rousseff proposed a set of ambitious, and controversial, measures that include: constructing submarine cables that do not route through the US, building internet exchange points in Brazil, creating an encrypted email service through the state postal service and having Facebook, Google and other companies store data by Brazilians on servers in Brazil.
Yeah, that'll stop us. Good thinking, Brazil. Aces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom