While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think that Thlayli and Jehoshua have a good cop-bad cop thing going on, but other times I think it's more like unbalanced cop and genocidal cop respectively.

Humanity does not negotiate with terrorists.

I actually bust out laughing in a public place. Thanks for that.

:goodjob:

Since when have I ever advocated for genocide?

Meh, I suppose I should expect such idiotic slanders from an addled radical who is self-conscious about the logical inconsistencies and contradictions of his self-evidently erroneous ideology (and the fact my position is internally coherent). Its a rhetorical supplement for engaging in a dialectical discourse, similar to the moralising screech and rant tactic you occasionally come out with :lol:

I really should stop extending some kind of basic respect to your beliefs (as ridiculous as they may be) because clearly it isn't reciprocated.

Shouldn't you be preparing for the coming race war?

I don't really think I should have a modicum of respect for your radical and intolerant ideology, after all I'm not the one going around calling people genocides amongst other things, and making cheap shots at people I disagree with. That, and as I said your ideology is inherently contradictory and falsehood is about as deserving of respect as a cowpat. Not to mention that as an ideology it doesn't have feelings to offend either, or personhood to be respectful towards and is as subject to the criticism when you espouse its principles publically as any other public position. (if you can't take it, don't give it)

I don't really think I should have a modicum of respect for your radical and intolerant ideology, after all I'm not the one going around calling people genocides amongst other things, and making cheap shots at people I disagree with. That, and as I said your ideology is inherently contradictory and falsehood is about as deserving of respect as a cowpat. Not to mention that as an ideology it doesn't have feelings to offend either, or personhood to be respectful towards.

okay

I don't really think I should have a modicum of respect for your radical and intolerant ideology

Naw dawg. LOEs is super mainstream compared to the other dude.

He objects to kiddy fiddling?

Naw dawg. LOEs is super mainstream compared to the other dude.

You're too attached to your 21st century notions; can't you at least just try to see things from a 15th century Western European perspective?

I'm afraid I'm just no good at this game. I just can't bring myself to hate Jews, blacks, Muslims, &etc.

:lol: Im busy for a couple of hours and come back to find our resident lefties playing the usual ridiculous game of snark, strawman and imply non-leftist is insane. All this goes to show is that you have absolutely no idea what your ideological opponents (myself in particular) actually believe. Presumably because you never read what they write or listen to what they have to say and have to rely on that old echo chamber and the usual leftist caricatures of anyone who disagrees with them.

"Left wing" =/ "People who aren't mired in the 15th century"

Now now Masada, you're just repeating the caricature Cicero spouted off. Surely you have more original characterisations than that? The essence of your argumentative style is characterising your opponent after all, it only works if you can come up with original material rather than parroting what other people say. For the record so far its been implied or outright stated (erroneously ofc) that I support pedophiles, genocide and feudalism and that I hate blacks, jews and muslims. Perhaps you'd like to liken me to the terrorists, it'd be an original ploy, although not sure how it would mesh with my supposed muslim hating.

I note the lack of a denial.

:lol: Im busy for a couple of hours and come back to find our resident lefties playing the usual ridiculous game of snark, strawman and imply non-leftist is insane. All this goes to show is that you have absolutely no idea what your ideological opponents (myself in particular) actually believe. Presumably because you never read what they write or listen to what they have to say and have to rely on that old echo chamber and the usual leftist caricatures of anyone who disagrees with them.

The glorious thing about all this is your type don't matter.

Birds of a feather stick together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom