1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wildmana 7.x - Bugreport & Missing Entries

Discussion in 'Wildmana Modmod' started by spurrrrrrrrr, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Medicine_Man_55

Medicine_Man_55 Warlord

Diplomacy Text done so far:

* Calabim
    * Illians
    * Lanun
    * Luchurip
    * Amurites
    * Balseraphs
    * Hippus
    * Khazad
    * Bannor
    * Clan of Embers
    * Doviello

Working on next:

* Elohim

Constructive criticism is welcome, of course. Also I'm not sure if I went over any character limits on the diplo entries.

Attached Files:

2. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

I looked at the Calabim, well done, looking forward to see these in action.

Minor redlines:
    Mahon the Butcher:
    Greeting (C): Welcome ... any mistep.

Kro'Mear:
    Stop being a vassal: I can ... my [suzerain],

Elijah Arnauld:
    Declare War: The ...highest privil[e]ge
    Stop being a vassal: You ... not my [judgment].

Suggestion:
    Elijah Arnauld: Ask to be a Vassal: replace "Kudos" with "Congratulations"

3. Medicine_Man_55

Medicine_Man_55 Warlord

Thanks Jenaelha, I'll make those changes. It is easy to put in some spelling and grammatical errors after staring at a text file for a few hours.

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

minor issue, is stone supposed to be able to clump? I guess it should behave the same as marble.

5. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

another minor thing: no lizard lairs? they're pretty cool, I'd love to see them breeding :lol: ( lizards, not lizardmen )

6. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

I played the mod in MP with Patch 7.20 and the Hotfix. Got an OOS.

Attached Files:

7. Sephi

Sephi Deity

Can't really remember if the hotfix includes the OOS fix for ranged attacks.

8. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

How can we find out if Ranged Attacks caused this OOS?

9. Medicine_Man_55

Medicine_Man_55 Warlord

I have updated post #201. Leaders for two more civs done.

I'm trying to stay within character of the civilizations themselves while still representing the differing styles and strengths of the individual rulers. Some are easier than others.

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

playing with Pirate Invasion gameoption, pirate ships are failing to appear... I only get a couple at lategame, weird.

11. Medicine_Man_55

Medicine_Man_55 Warlord

Updated post # 201 with two more: Balseraphs and Hippus.

I wonder if I'm mental enough to do the Balseraph text. Oh well, I did my best.

12. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Gibbon can't build mana nodes, which seems strange since all other arcane heroes can.

young kocrachon promotion is missing the icon.

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Orthus' Axe is sitting next to the Malakim capital and it looks like it's been there for a good while ( I just revealed that tile and it's 150 turns into a quickspeed game so it's been a while since Orthus came ) . that's weird, I could swear the AI learned how to pick up items a long time ago O.o

14. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Hillgiant Fortress are not explorable :( plus they give no defensive bonus, funny considering how they look :lol:

also, is it intended that Hide cannot be casted right after you attack, and you have to wait a turn to become invisible again? IMHO it kinda defeats the point of it, which is hit-and-run... if you gotta wait a turn to become invisible again, you're vulnerable!

Currency has no text when you discover it, can't remember if it has never had one...

15. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

house ghallanda enclave can be built also without the gameoption being turned on ( and the icon has an ugly grey square around it, an issue shared with the tavern )

Way of the Wise has no text when you discover it

Varn Gosam didn't accept to give me gems for gold ( the resource ) , but he did accept to give em as a gift :lol:

shouldn't the timor mask be a piece of equipment instead of just a promotion? i.e. one of my units attacked with it, dies and the mask did not drop down. possibly the same with healing salves and jade torcs... although it would be better if the WINNING unit got it instead :D

overcouncil and undercouncil resolutions no longer show you what they do when you are prompted to select one.

shouldn't the AI expand more? : take a look at this pic for example. turn 235 quickspeed, why did the Bannor not build a great city with wine, copper, 2 teas and marble? also on the bottom left corner of the pic below the giant spider there's a nice site with copper and the Sheaim are not settling it. and both civs have no metals. Skyre Noktis may be right in saying that the AI acts strangely on low difficulty levels, this is Noble.

the harpy event still gives 15 turns of disorder instead of 5 hurry anger, so it is a free great bard.

python exception, see picture

Genesis degraded my ancient forests to regular forests ( I suspect it was actually Phil Collins who did that :lol: )

Sheaim managed to found BOTH AV AND ORDER IN THEIR CAPITAL WITH THE BANNOR ALSO IN THE GAME!!! :lol: furthermore, they had a great prophet and used it to build the Code of Junil instead of the Stigmata on the Unborn :lol:

16. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Automaric Terraform routine could use a small tweak... right now it "wastes" a turn.

example 1) adept with spring is in the middle of a huge desert, sitting on a desert tile. he has not already casted or moved this turn. he is told to autoterraform. he will cast spring, but NOT move on the next tile. next turn, he will move, then cast spring, etc.

example 2) adept with spring is on a plains tile, surrounded with desert tiles. he has not already casted or moved this turn. he is told to autoterraform. he will move to a desert tile, but NOT cast spring. next turn, he will cast spring, then move to the next tile, etc.

you can see that in both examples the adept is wasting one turn on the turn he is told to terraform.

17. Medicine_Man_55

Medicine_Man_55 Warlord

The AI isn't the culprit for this; it is the random dungeon pops. The last 3 games I have played have had the Order and Ashen Veil founded by free missionaries from dungeons.

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that may be it, but it's still weird that they build the order holy shrine since they are following AV and founded it as well. the shrine got built a long while after AV was founded, so you would expect them to build the stigmata instead.

19. Medicine_Man_55

Medicine_Man_55 Warlord

Updated post 201: Khazad and Bannor.

Still plenty more to do.

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I noticed the flavour start gameoption is missing the "forest softening" feature of flavourmod. that would be something to add, since being completely surrounded by forests is a nice handicap in the early game. surrounded by jungles means you're already dead. clan of embers have it particularly bad since they always start near jungle.

also, it would be good to include civ-specific tweaks from flavourmod, i.e. floodplains being less damaging for Malakim, jungle being less damaging for orcs, tundra less crappy for doviello etc. keeps them thriving in their favourite terrain, which is always good. maybe even extended end of winter? the default one sucks :lol:

also, would it be possible to make it so that units set on autoexplore walk to lairs and then ask for orders when they are on the lair tile, like in FF? I hate when I notice that they walked right past a lair I wanted to explore... making them do the same with ancient towers would be nice too, since those are very useful for scouting.

edit: wow. orcs have it really bad with their starts... I tried a game with them, I was doing horribly because of jungles. I restarted, WBed the three resource tiles in the BFC to forest instead of jungle and things are going great. I haven't even discovered mining to chop em down yet but I can already see things are going to be a hell of a lot better this time around. I never watched how dramatically every small handicap is in the early game like in this one :lol: