Workers, Settlers and Scientists

ShiroKobbure

Still modding Civ3
This thread will be for Workers, Settlers and Scientists. Basically non-combat units.
All workers and settlers use Plotinus's animations

Ancient Japanese Settler

Download

Ancient Japanese Worker

Download

Medieval Japanese Settler

Download

Medieval Japanese Worker

Download

Aborigani Worker

Download

Ancient Egyptian Worker

Download

Ancient Egyptian Worker, version 2

Download

Hopi Settler

Download

Inca Settler

Download

Inca Worker

Download

Khmer Settler

Download

Khmer Worker

Download

Qing Settler

Download

Qing Worker

Download

Industrial Worker

Download

Industrial Workers

Download

Mexican Worker

Download

Modern Japanese Worker

Download

North Korean Worker

Download

Modern Arab Worker

Download

Modern Black Worker

Download

Modern Generic Worker

Download

Modern Workman

Download

POW

Download

Shiro, archive with Qing worker contains files of Qing Settler.

EDIT. Either you've fixed it or I did something wrong, thank you in any case.
EDIT2. Same trouble with missing Medieval Japanese worker.

Shiro, archive with Qing worker contains files of Qing Settler.

EDIT. Either you've fixed it or I did something wrong, thank you in any case.
EDIT2. Same trouble with missing Medieval Japanese worker.
Both should be fixed.

Great collection, Shiro! I've already downloaded the Qing worker and Mexican worker for the WIP Old West Mod.
I had the Old West Mod in mind when I made them. ;)

So nice and beautiful works!

Shiro, thank you very much for all your wonderful units of civilians (may it be your monks and holy men or these workers and settlers). :thanx:
Many of them will be used in the next version of CCM. :)

Absolutely outstanding work! In my mod they go! Oh, does anybody know if we have similar units for Vietnam?

Would it be possible to have civ specific scientific leaders?

Shiro, I think nobody has just tested this (including me), but my guess is, that this is not possible. Reason: There can only one unit be set in the general settings as "battlecreated" leader. So "battlecreated" is not "AI created", the scientific-flag is a part of this leader setting. But as said - this is only a guess.

What is possible and done in some mods, is to set the SGL to eraspecific units. Aristoteles and Galileo are now somewhat outdated. Einstein and Hawking are also old, but in my eyes in a better condition.

On the other side it´s the question, if it is worth that effort, as the SGL appears in the capital and will not be moved on the map to do his duty.

Shiro, I think nobody has just tested this (including me), but my guess is, that this is not possible. Reason: There can only one unit be set in the general settings as "battlecreated" leader. So "battlecreated" is not "AI created", the scientific-flag is a part of this leader setting. But as said - this is only a guess.

What is possible and done in some mods, is to set the SGL to eraspecific units. Aristoteles and Galileo are now somewhat outdated. Einstein and Hawking are also old, but in my eyes in a better condition.

On the other side it´s the question, if it is worth that effort, as the SGL appears in the capital and will not be moved on the map to do his duty.
I see, that's too bad.
Does that also mean that you cannot have civ specific army leaders?

You can't have civ-specific Leaders, be they scientific or battle-created.

The army which is made by this unit is also not civ-specific.

You can give each civ specific armies which are built in cities with a Military Academy or other such wonders.

Civ-specific leaders (scientific and other) of course do have a use - regionalised scenarios could definitely benefit from them, and they are an often-overlooked part of the aesthetic. :)

Shiro - great units. Was using the Industrial worker - the icons (lg and sm) display with a pink background. Is this a palette issue - tried my limited skills but still can't correct.

yes it's a pallete problem and an easy fix. I used the Incan worker and the Large and Small icons also have the pallete problem, so I assume it's a problem for all?
Here the instruction for using the simple and free irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/

-open the Large icon pcx with irfanview
-image/pallete/edit pallete
-the bottom right first 2 color boxes are the invisible colour layers
-change these 2 colors by double clicking and choosing a bright colour (usually pink and neon green)
-Click OK NOTE: this will change the background to the bright colour
-Image/Pallete/Export to save this corrected pallete, give it a name of your choice, example workerpallete.pal
-Close irfanview without saving, we just wanted the correct pallete
-REopen the Large pcx icon file
-Image/Increase Color Depth/
-16,7 million colors [24 BPP] should be selected CLICK OK
-Image/pallete/Import Pallete
-load the corrected workerpallete.pal
-Now save the corrected Large ICON .pcx file MAke sure you save it as a .pcx file and not a .jpg
-Image/Resize
-Note: Choose Resize[faster, lower quality] for Size Method otherwise it will resize it to 24 BPP
-Change to 32x32
-Save as the SMALL ICON .pcx file

DONE for both Large and Small

Top Bottom