World in Conflict

King
World in Conflict

"West Germany, 1988. To avoid certain collapse, the Soviet army boldly advances into Europe. NATO responds only to be met on a second front -- a diversionary attack on the American homeland. You are a field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs."

I've been playing steel panthers pretty much nowdays and I just love late 80s military farware. ATGMs, AFVs etc seems to be quite powerful but not so insane like now. Perhaps most interesting decade.

Oh man this game will rock so hard!! Can't wait 'till it's out. Finnish game magazine previewed it and it seemed to be damn good game.

Swedens seems to be killers to make good war games.

Well the graphics look better than any RTS I have seen. Will not be surprised if it is a system hog... The important thing is how good the gameplay is.

I'm not particularly interested in post-1945 warfare, but I just discovered this is behind the 'Ground Control' team. Could be one for me to watch :)

I just downloaded the closed beta today its a pretty awesome game

This game looks to be on par with CoH in my opinion. Although I wont know for sure until I try it.

I don't judge your taste but isn't WWII warfare allready experienced in all possible ways? :)

Well, not interested in post-45 warfare doesn't particularly mean he likes only WWII war games, the Total War series fit in that description quite well IMO :)

Certainly looks like a great game, but no way my computer is going to be able to handle this.

I don't judge your taste but isn't WWII warfare allready experienced in all possible ways? :)

As Deo said, I'm not particularly interested in warfare post-1945. I'm quite fine with anything before that, up to and including ancient warfare :)

But you're quite right as well, WW2 games are becoming particularly oversaturated.

The graphics look great, but are they functional, too? (The same goes for the website, by the way. The banner takes up almost an entire page in my browser...!)

WW2 genre does spawn some good games, but I would say about 95% of all the WW2 games are crap ( the only three I can think of atm are Battlefield 1942 and company of heroes and of course the HoI series)

And the CoD series. Or at least the first 2 games. :p

Anyways, I saw this back in April. Looks sweet, but probably will pass. BTW, there's another PC game out about this BS alt-history, Hitler dies and Nazis now have robotic warriors and its like nuclear winter. (From the art, and I'm not joking.)

BTW, there's another PC game out about this BS alt-history, Hitler dies and Nazis now have robotic warriors and its like nuclear winter. (From the art, and I'm not joking.)

How this game have anything to do with alternative history?

I wonder if they'll have game maps of Seattle and Portland. :D

I like the C&C Red Alert version of an alternate cold war better

WW2 genre does spawn some good games, but I would say about 95% of all the WW2 games are crap ( the only three I can think of atm are Battlefield 1942 and company of heroes and of course the HoI series)

The original ones of the modern era of gaming were really Battlefield 1942, MEdal of Honor Allied Assault, Commandos, Blitzkrieg, and to an extent Call of Suty which introduced Iron sights.

Since then it's been a "generic RTS on an existing engine where all that's changed are the unit graphics" or "generic shoot them up where you kill half the German army (all conveniently using a single, awful model) after having being parachuted somewhere on your own".

That's not to say there aren't gems once in a while; the silent hunter series notably, or Red Orchestra: Ostfront, a particular favourite of mine because it's realism, realism, realism, and it's so innovative.

Outside of Finland we believe that Soviet did collapse, not invade the US... ...the game presents an alternative history...

Heh I like this more as fictive story, not as alternative history. Hard to explain, but that's how I see it. Say it is fictive campaign :D

Top Bottom