Wormholes Modmod

Uploaded v1.3, this time to the download database.

It adds a third wormhole to huge maps, and does a few other minor things (like make installation a lot easier), and makes it Cloaking Devices-compatible. If you want to run both of these modcomps alongside each other, see the installation instructions on how to do it.

Also, I've added a screenshots section which I'll update periodically (including a close-up of the third wormhole).

Also updated the FF version to 1.1.

I realize that I goofed; in the original install directions, I wrote "copy the Mods folder into Beyond the Sword/Mods. If you know anything about modding, you know that is incorrect. I meant Beyond the Sword.

Sorry if anyone was confused by this. I hope most people know enough to know that what I said was incorrect, but if you came back to this topic looking for answers, here it is.

Updated to v1.4. Thanks to renegadechicken and JEELEN for suggesting the two major changes.

Wormholes v1.3 was at 15 downloads before I updated it to v1.4.

Updated to v1.5. This version makes Wormholes compatible with Star Trek 3.0. It also fixes a minor bug JEELEN found in the MOO2Civ version; if two wormholes of the same type had the same X coordinate or same Y coordinate, you would be unable to travel between them.

Wormholes 1.4 was downloaded 75 times.

Updated to 1.51; no changes apart from compatibility with Star Trek 3.23.

Previous version downloaded only 19 times, but then again it's only been out for a few weeks.

Hi, I'm having problems with running the wormholes mod using 1.51 apparently in my games playing as the UFD, using large wormholesspiralgalaxy map against 8 comps the game crashes by turn 51-52 everytime... but if I use the other maps, I can get past that turn but it crashed at turn 62. I tried setting up the game with different civs 8 times, the game unexpectedly crashes back to windows without any explanation why it crashed.

Just that when I was using 3.11 I didn't have that problem, just right after I updated to 3.23 version I started having this crash. At first I thot it was localized in the wormholes map but later I find that its in the other maps as well thus I posted the problem here...

Hi, I'm having problems with running the wormholes mod using 1.51 apparently in my games playing as the UFD, using large wormholesspiralgalaxy map against 8 comps the game crashes by turn 51-52 everytime... but if I use the other maps, I can get past that turn but it crashed at turn 62. I tried setting up the game with different civs 8 times, the game unexpectedly crashes back to windows without any explanation why it crashed.

Just that when I was using 3.11 I didn't have that problem, just right after I updated to 3.23 version I started having this crash. At first I thot it was localized in the wormholes map but later I find that its in the other maps as well thus I posted the problem here...

Did you have this crash before you installed Wormholes over 3.23?

To confirm: both Wormholes mapscripts, as well as all the Star Trek mapscripts, crash?

Did you have this crash before you installed Wormholes over 3.23?

To confirm: both Wormholes mapscripts, as well as all the Star Trek mapscripts, crash?

To Be more exact I installed 3.23, played it and it crashed. I checked the website and there was wormholes 1.51. I thought maybe it was the wormholes update that will stabilize the game, but again as I approach turn 51(new game) end turn to 52 it crashed and went back out to windows. I tried 12 games altogether 6 with wormholesspiralgalaxy map and the other 6 with spiralgalaxymanycivs map to test. With 3.23 and 1.51(wormholes) installed I was able to get to only turn change 51 to 52 and it errored back to windows with the standard quote "a program within the program has caused it to expectedly close" BUt exactly I'm not sure but I just got my first great scientist and just clicked on researching Mercantile theory (on all 12 games) after researching just most of the values and warp 5

I completely deleted the mod and then installed the game again, back to 3.11 and used wormholes 1.51 as a final try before posting the last message and I am on turn 85 on the test game now using large wormholespiral map with 8 AI players.

Just seeing if my game is the only problem or if anyone experienced anything...

To Be more exact I installed 3.23, played it and it crashed. I checked the website and there was wormholes 1.51. I thought maybe it was the wormholes update that will stabilize the game, but again as I approach turn 51(new game) end turn to 52 it crashed and went back out to windows. I tried 12 games altogether 6 with wormholesspiralgalaxy map and the other 6 with spiralgalaxymanycivs map to test. With 3.23 and 1.51(wormholes) installed I was able to get to only turn change 51 to 52 and it errored back to windows with the standard quote "a program within the program has caused it to expectedly close" BUt exactly I'm not sure but I just got my first great scientist and just clicked on researching Mercantile theory (on all 12 games) after researching just most of the values and warp 5

I completely deleted the mod and then installed the game again, back to 3.11 and used wormholes 1.51 as a final try before posting the last message and I am on turn 85 on the test game now using large wormholespiral map with 8 AI players.

Just seeing if my game is the only problem or if anyone experienced anything...

It seems like the bug is in Star Trek 3.23, then, not Wormholes, if it was crashing before you installed Wormholes.

I've released 1.52. This version makes Wormholes compatible with Star Trek 3.25 (actually, the only thing that would have been affected was DS9, not the main mod).

I've also added some AI scripting to the ST Deep Space Nine scenario- after the Dominion war starts, all newly-built Dominion ships will be sent to the Gamma Quadrant terminus of the wormhole, to join the battle in the Alpha Quadrant.

This won't affect the ships that spawn in the Alpha Quadrant- it's only Dominion units that are built.

Unfortunately, I can't make the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans understand the wormhole in the same way. Fortunately, they probably won't be in a position to take the fight to the Gamma Quadrant... so it should work out.

Since this functionality is now part of Star Trek 4.0 with the merging of Final Frontier Plus, I've removed the download.

You can find the source code in either the Star Trek source or the FF+ source- or you could ask me for the standalone version (I have a backup) if you really wanted it.

Top Bottom