Worst pain of your life?

RedRalph

Deity
What was the most painful thing that ever happened you? When I was 18 a muscleman in a pair of prototype iron volcano-climbing boots stamped as hard as he could on my penis and testicles to 'save me from a mouse'. It was agonising, I lapsed into unconsciousness briefly with the pain.

Had a back surgery in 8th grade.. was in the ICU for like 5 days it was really painful afterwards.

Either a tooth-ache (which was fixed with a root canal) or an ear infection (fixed with antibiotics).
Both horrendous pains :(

But I never was seriously hurt in my life (never broke anything, etc), so I can't compare, but both the tooth- and the ear-ache were torture.

Had a back surgery in 8th grade.. was in the ICU for like 5 days it was really painful afterwards.

Goodness, what was that for?

Anyway, for me it's either the moment I broke my ankle or the time I got circumcised. I guess the local anesthetic stopped working there.

Goodness, what was that for?

Anyway, for me it's either the moment I broke my ankle or the time I got circumcised. I guess the local anesthetic stopped working there.

Scoliosis.. or however you spell it :p but thankfully i got that surgery or I'd be all hunched over and stuff. :)

When I was 18 I had my wisdom teeth removed. The dentist said they had the strongest roots he had ever seen. I was bleeding in my mouth for several days and could only open my mouth wide enough to eat soup. I took some painkillers but they just made me feel strange, I had these weird dreams where I thought I was walking around the house but I would wake up and I hadn't moved at all.

I might have inherited strong teeth from my mother. She told me when she got her wisdom teeth removed it was worse than childbirth. My mother said when I was born the labor just lasted for an hour and I guess my sister's wasn't that difficult either so I suppose she just had a couple of easy pregnancies that aren't typical of the average.

One particularly awful migraine. At its peak, if I could have moved I would have tried to kill myself. I ended up in a hospital for 2 days for observation.

Same as the above poster. I head a terrible headache a during the beginning of September. That was the worst headache I have ever had in my life. Just moving slightly hurt, so I just went to sleep for 18 hours and was fine. I suspect it has something to do with me putting my head in a pool while wearing contacts without realizing. Though my eyes were closed, they probably soaked up some chlorine and other chemicals. I took them out as soon as I got home from my run and threw them out. And, also like the above poster when I broke my arm I don't remember it hurting nearly as bad. The pain went away fairly quickly as long as I kept it bent in this one position.

Good topic, but I don't know. Don't really remember pain all that well. Also I seem to be pretty pain resistant, as I remember vividly dropping a large tiling stone on my big toe when I was 12 or 11 and not feeling any pain from it. Also got all my fingernails pulled off my hand when I was 5, but I don't remember that at all.

Had an adrenaline rush playing a video game and didn't know what the hell was going on. I was only 12 or 13 IIRC. My legs ached for hours and nothing I did alleviated the pain (because I was sitting down and didn't get up, presumably). I seriously considered if I was going to die. Well... I say that, but I was only 13 or so. Home alone, though, so it gave me quite a scare.

Passing a kidney stone and gall stones. Terrible pain.

Either a tooth-ache (which was fixed with a root canal)
This. I once had to go to an emergency dentist because the pain suddenly got so bad and I felt on edge the whole time in way I never have again since then. When I arrived there and the assistant gave me a formula to fill out, my first urge was to physically attack the assistant for daring to want me to write while I was freaking dieing inside. Pain center being so close to the brain seemed to have a heavy psychological effect. Sort of fascinating. But really unpleasant.

I once read a political thread in the OT.

Never again.

Life has so far been quite kind to me. The worst I've ever gotten was a sprained right forearm.

When I was 18 a muscleman in a pair of prototype iron volcano-climbing boots stamped as hard as he could on my penis and testicles to 'save me from a mouse'. It was agonising, I lapsed into unconsciousness briefly with the pain.
I was 18 too, Man that guy gets around :cringe:

Top Bottom