Im trying to read up on some game mechanics of wtp. Can someone explain to me if its possible to gain founding fathers annother nation has already aquired? Is this possible and how?

Yes and no. :)

1. Only one - the first - Nation (Team) can get a Founding Father. It is then lost for all others.
Basically it is the same as Vanilla and Original Colonization of 1994 until here.

2. There is however the "New Founding Father System" which is activated by default unless you select "Use Old Founding Fathers System" in Game Options.
If this is activated all Founding Fathers a Nation has acquired get available again if that Nation is fully elimiated from the game - meaning completely dead.
Then the other Nations can fight for those Founding Fathers again. (But then of course only one - the first Nation - can get it again.)

----

Summary:

1. Only1 Nation can get a Founding Father or better say have it at the same time.
2. If that Nation is eliminated from the game the Founding Father gets available again.

Last edited:
Ahh, completely dead means every single unit/city is dead? Also is it possible to start the revolution after you archieved domination victory or rather what are the conditions to start the revolution except 50% liberty desire?

Thanks for the answer, what a great mod. This was the first game i ever played (my father showed it to me), its really great to explore new things in a very familiar setting!

Did WTP got a land unit like the privateer to hidden attack other faction? I thought the native marcenary are a good unit to take this part and disturb other faction without declare war.

Is there a way to speed up AI's turns?

A) Make the mod more performant by modding
B) Play on smaller maps with less AIs

Otherwise, no.

Is there a way to speed up AI's turns?
We optimize the code again and again. The problem is that for the most part there is no simple to alter slow code. It's the combined effect of thousands of lines of code. Improving speed by 1% over and over eventually adds up. There are also ways to get more than 1% at a time, but we (well mainly I) did the quick to code ones already. This means you might see noteworthy boosts in the future, but then it would have been months in the making.

Other than really digging into the code to optimize, there is nothing to do other than playing on smaller maps. The slowdown scales exponentially with map size. Not only will twice the size has twice the number of units and cities, each unit will also have more options regarding where to move, making handling each unit slower. I never play on gigantic maps because I dislike the wait, but it's entirely up to you if you feel like the gameplay value makes it worth the extra waiting time.

Does anyone else think that some of the recent colour changes are not great?

Personally, I don't like the lime green look of savanna, and in particular the savanna hills. I preferred it the way it was before.

What do you think?

Please post screenshots so other people better understand what you are talking about. :thumbsup:
(You are not necessarily playing the same version others play / mod.)

I had been changing these Terrain textures a lot in branch "Plains" so your information may already be outdated.
Now I am pretty happy but that is of course just personal taste. :dunno:

Nothing of that necessarily needs to make it into WTP core mod as I said.
The remaining WTP team members can "cherry pick" whatever they want.

This is how it currently looks like internally (in branch "Plains"):
(The darker one around it is the new Grasland for comparison.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
That looks like what I am seeing (3.01?)

It is just my opinion, but I don't like how bright green those savanna plains and hills are. I think it looked better before.

That looks like what I am seeing (3.01?)
They have not been changed between version 2.4 and version 3.0.1 (the last public release).
So the colouring in version 3.0.1 is just the same as it was for years.

I just started changing the Terrain Textures now (a couple of weeks ago) internally for "Plains".
But that has not been officially published. (Thus it also does not have a release version.)

I think it looked better before.
Then tell me which before?
And also you should know which version you play now.
(e.g. where did you get it from)

Either a screenshot or a specific version number please.
Alternatively you just change it yourself to what you like and share it with community.

----

Currently you are just saying "I want it somehow different ..." :dunno:
Vague information like "now" and "before" helps nobody ...

They have not been changed between version 2.4 and version 3.0.1 (the last public release).
So the colouring in version 3.0.1 is just the same as it was for years.

Not true. I think it was changed in 2.8 and I can prove it.

I have previous versions stored, and I was playing the version before 2.8 and it did not have those changes.

Anyway, it is not important. My point is only that I don't like the way it looks. Just consider it feedback and we are all good :)

Last edited:
I have previous versions stored, ...
Then why do you not simply post screenshots for comparison and tell us the version (see changelog). :confused:

My point is only that I don't like the way it looks.
Still nobody knows how you want it to look again. :dunno:

I preferred it the way it was before.
Again, a "before" does not help anybody. Please be specific and give information a modder can work with.

Just consider it feedback and we are all good.
Well ok. Feedback accepted. Just wished it was in some way more precise so we could work with it.

-----

Comment:

You could also simply change it yourself (e.g. with GIMP) and share your version. :)
It is not that difficult to change a 2D image considering colours (e.g. simply making it darker).

Alternatively you could simply use the textures from the old version.
And if you like you can also attach them here so others could use them as well.

Last edited:
Below you can see images of Savannah Gras in "Tropical Zones".
(Which is the colour I tried to get in my recent changes in branch "Plains" - not yet "published".)

Attachments

• Savannah_4.jpg
    Savannah_4.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Savannah_1.jpg
    Savannah_1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 221
  • Savannah_3.jpg
    Savannah_3.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Savannah_2.jpg
    Savannah_2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hey all, great mod.
Was wondering if you had any plans to implement a storage system similar to classic? In classic, sale of over storage is based on a max storage that applies singularly to each good stored.
I began to find the transport of goods to my harbors for sale overseas, or any sale that required the movement of goods on my part tedious in late game. I stopped moving goods around to speed up turns and within a few turns none of my cattle and or sheep producing cities had any cattle or sheep left, actually, none of my cities had any cattle or sheep left. Both of those goods are cheap selling goods that require minimum amounts for production. It seems to me quite strange that any city would sell off cattle, sheep or horses as a priority, as opposed to stockpiling the good to at least have a surplus production, since those three goods are the only ones requiring a stockpile to even produce. We can apparently have stone and wood just accumulate to the extent that the creation of man made mountains would be feasible, but we can't maintain a stock of livestock without micromanaging.
cheers

Hey all, great mod.
Was wondering if you had any plans to implement a storage system similar to classic? In classic, sale of over storage is based on a max storage that applies singularly to each good stored.
I began to find the transport of goods to my harbors for sale overseas, or any sale that required the movement of goods on my part tedious in late game. I stopped moving goods around to speed up turns and within a few turns none of my cattle and or sheep producing cities had any cattle or sheep left, actually, none of my cities had any cattle or sheep left. Both of those goods are cheap selling goods that require minimum amounts for production. It seems to me quite strange that any city would sell off cattle, sheep or horses as a priority, as opposed to stockpiling the good to at least have a surplus production, since those three goods are the only ones requiring a stockpile to even produce. We can apparently have stone and wood just accumulate to the extent that the creation of man made mountains would be feasible, but we can't maintain a stock of livestock without micromanaging.
cheers
Storage system was like that in the original Col2 game (without mods). The same as it was in the classic. I don't see why this would be reverted back. It is not the root issue in here in my opinion.

The real issue #1 here is not how storage is allocated but how storage overflow is handled. At the moment, I agree, it is handled in a very unsatisfactory way. Lost sheep are a small concern when a few (forcefully) donated furs can cause immediate loss of full stacks for units / construction. Your scout came in with 50 horses? Well, now one is thrown away and the scout cannot remount. Your line infantry joined the fields for a turn? Well, we just had to throw away a few muskets and blades and there is no longer line infantry so good luck with that..

In a more positive note, fixing (improving) the storage overflow is on my personal modding TODO list. It is so very annoying. And additionally, I have been lately making some improvements to automatic transportation, which might make it possible to keep the goods flowing without so much painful micromanagement. Do not hold your breath though, all this takes time before it might end up in a potential release.

Storage system was like that in the original Col2 game (without mods). The same as it was in the classic. I don't see why this would be reverted back. It is not the root issue in here in my opinion.

The real issue #1 here is not how storage is allocated but how storage overflow is handled. At the moment, I agree, it is handled in a very unsatisfactory way. Lost sheep are a small concern when a few (forcefully) donated furs can cause immediate loss of full stacks for units / construction. Your scout came in with 50 horses? Well, now one is thrown away and the scout cannot remount. Your line infantry joined the fields for a turn? Well, we just had to throw away a few muskets and blades and there is no longer line infantry so good luck with that..

In a more positive note, fixing (improving) the storage overflow is on my personal modding TODO list. It is so very annoying. And additionally, I have been lately making some improvements to automatic transportation, which might make it possible to keep the goods flowing without so much painful micromanagement. Do not hold your breath though, all this takes time before it might end up in a potential release.

Thanks for the quick reply, nice to see the issue was noticed and is considered "to be improved"
I have only ever played Civ 4 Col with the mod so I had no idea how the storage system in WTP differed from vanilla, but I definitely knew it differed from classic and was not aware it would have been a reversion as opposed to a realignment with OG.
Still the best version of the game is imo the WTP modded version, even compared to OG so the gripe was really a late game issue where I felt I was spending way too long on turns just transporting goods back and forth and to whatever oversees harbor, definitely a gamebreaker or something that would stop me from using the mod in favor of vanilla or OG. Great work to all who have worked on the mod.

What is the exact requirement to eliminate a european civ?
Eliminating one is much more troublesome than in BTS.

What is the exact requirement to eliminate a european civ?
Eliminating one is much more troublesome than in BTS.
Complete kill, if I'm not mistaken. But entirely possible they have a privateer roaming, or a scout or missionary far afield, or a caravel parked in Europe. It is difficult and frustrating to kill off a rival.

I wonder if there could be a "no colonies or land combat units after 1650 equals defeat" trigger.

And now that I think about it, idk if functioning missions and trade posts need eliminated, since they generate units?

Top Bottom