Is there a way to limit automated ground transports to your own lands or only places connected by roads? I have a continent with 2 separate areas (The English left their capital undefended and it was too tempting) If I automate imports/exports/wagons in both areas then wagons try to go to the other area, which is a long way away and isn't connected by roads, so it takes forever.

The wagons have to go through a lot of native owned territory and some English territory, which is annoying, but not as annoying as taking 40 turns to get there!

Should probably mention, I am using New Hope.

Is there a way to limit automated ground transports to your own lands or only places connected by roads?
No, there is no way to limit it if you fully automate and let AI manage trade routes 100%.

But
1. You can configure specific automated Trade Routes so they are just between the Cities you want - it is simply some effort to configure those Trade Routes.
2. You can configure the Cities on the other continent to NOT export or import anything - then AI will also ignore them for full Trade Route Automatization.

Currently those are the only suggestions I would have for you. :dunno:
But optimization of the Trade Route System is still on our "mid term todo list".

Is there a way to limit automated ground transports to your own lands or only places connected by roads? I have a continent with 2 separate areas (The English left their capital undefended and it was too tempting) If I automate imports/exports/wagons in both areas then wagons try to go to the other area, which is a long way away and isn't connected by roads, so it takes forever.
It's an issue I have considered, but never done anything to fix. The fix is non-trivial and there have always been other tasks.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I guess what I can do is fully automate the main area and then do specific trade routes in the other area.

Hi, i followed these instructions:

When trying to run NewHope with the proper Steam Version, the game crashes with endless python exceptions. I guess, I missed something big.

PythonErr2.log says:
AttributeError: type object 'CvPythonExtensions.FontSymbols' has no attribute 'ATTITUDE_FURIOUS_CHAR'

Any ideas what I might have missed?

PythonErr2.log says:
AttributeError: type object 'CvPythonExtensions.FontSymbols' has no attribute 'ATTITUDE_FURIOUS_CHAR'

Any ideas what I might have missed?
Check assets/xml/GlobalTypes.xml. Line 233 should say:
Code:
<FontSymbol>ATTITUDE_FURIOUS_CHAR</FontSymbol>
Other than that I have no idea what to say without knowing more. It works for most people so presumably something went wrong for you, but getting the game to run, but having python issues is a new one.

Let's start with something simple: does 3.0.1 work? This is to rule out that your computer for some reason refuse to handle python files correctly.

Another thing you can do is to provide the log with all the errors. Usually there is one thing, which goes wrong and prevents a file from being read and missing that file unlocks lots of other errors.

Check assets/xml/GlobalTypes.xml. Line 233 should say:
Code:
<FontSymbol>ATTITUDE_FURIOUS_CHAR</FontSymbol>
Other than that I have no idea what to say without knowing more. It works for most people so presumably something went wrong for you, but getting the game to run, but having python issues is a new one.

Let's start with something simple: does 3.0.1 work? This is to rule out that your computer for some reason refuse to handle python files correctly.

Another thing you can do is to provide the log with all the errors. Usually there is one thing, which goes wrong and prevents a file from being read and missing that file unlocks lots of other error

Thanks for your answers.

- assets/xml/GlobalTypes.xml is fine.
2023-03-16 17_05_43-Window.png

- 3.0.1 is working fine.
- I have a Python 3.10 client installed but I don't think I need that for the game
- When I close like 30 error messages, the game actually starts. Ingame error messages continue to occur.
- I attached the log, but it contains only the first error message. I am still looking for a more detailed log file.
- It doesn't matter if I compile with method 2 or 6. @Mr. ZorG This always creates a new dll, right? (I am new to this)
- My Mods Directory is C:\Users\Ausric\Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\MODS which seems to be default. I once deleted everything except MODS folder, but no changes.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.7z
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
***... it has been said more than once that the mod must be placed in the game folder, but not in "my documents". do it right and (I'll be Vanga :lol: ) the problems will disappear.

***... it has been said more than once that the mod must be placed in the game folder, but not in "my documents". do it right and (I'll be Vanga :lol: ) the problems will disappear.
Alright. This Mod folder worked for me until 3.0.1. However, Steam creates shortcuts in the game directory to several folders in "my documents". One of them is _Civ4CustomMods which points to my current mods folder. If I delete this shortcut, steam will recreate it. So I moved the mods folder containing wtp subfolder in the game directory and changed the shortcut to its new location. Sadly, with this done, the error doesn't change.

hmm .. I correctly understood that your mod is located at this address: X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Civilization IV Colonization\Mods\ ?

So I've spent a few hours with New Hope and it's amazing. You guys have done some fantastic work! If there's one word I'd use so far, though, it's...overwhelmed. There are so many new resources, goods, and experts/masters to work them that I often am lost, even after reading through the Colopedia, as to what to do with a particular resource or (more often) how an expert that shows up at the dock fits in (or will fit in) to my expansion plans. I think it's because each entry is a small piece of a larger puzzle, and I'm missing the big picture.

I almost feel like I need some sort of chart/matrix that lays out all of the resources, what unit is the expert for gathering each resource, what that resource is used for and/or what goods that resource is used to make, and what unit is the expert for using the resource to make whatever that resource is used for. I'm sure something like this does not yet exist, but it would be a great update to the Colopedia to have that kind of matrix, kind of like a tech tree of sorts, to understand how all the resources, goods and units work together.

Thanks for all your hard work on this - the improvements are great!

I can also echo the sentiments above. I have just found this mod, and it makes Civ4 Col from a bit of a disappointment to the most exciting game I have played for years. Well done.

My question is what is the resource that the government palace needs 50 of? I have scanned the colopedia and cannot see that icon.

Next question, why can I not longer found cities? I was brought into war by my King declaring war and asking me to, and the next turn I tried to found a city and the button is not there. It is not greyed out with a message like "Cannot found a city within 3 tiles" or whatever, it is not on the toolbar.

Next question, why can I not longer found cities? I was brought into war by my King declaring war and asking me to, and the next turn I tried to found a city and the button is not there. It is not greyed out with a message like "Cannot found a city within 3 tiles" or whatever, it is not on the toolbar.
Is your unit equipped as a settler? It's happened to me more than once that I have a unit prepared settler that's equipped as a free colonist and not a settler.

It was equiped as a settler. It is weird, I saved and reloaded and I could then found a city :confused:

I feel like a giant dunce having to ask this, as it seems self-evident to everyone else, but how I exactly do I compile the .dll files for the New Hope build?

Feel free to explain it as if you were explaining it to someone who has extremely limited computer knowledge, because I assure you, that would be appropriate.

Top Bottom