WW II December 1941

its actually pretty epic Skyfire. for something that isnt 100% finished really good job.

im in january 1944 there are some minor discrepancies.

no vichy france.

the united kingdoms research is high

india and all the minor civs have jet fighters

italy never switched sides in sept 1943.

Baltic states never got invaded by russia or germany and no open borders with germany.

finland and ussr are not at war or if they are they are they didnt even have 1 battle.

Japan wont trade techs with Germany.

Turkey isnt at war with united kingdom.

Romania bulgaria hungary have almost no armies.

No city of Tobruk in africa.

Would be nice to have 2 turns per month. and a longer tech tree. also possibly the chance for peace in late 1945? or capitulation?

Trying to add save game but says to big?? i even rar'd it

https://mega.co.nz/#!RAcUyBSL!E4CFrCVu31mVVbKro8T1McY7sgi9o8xjqu90suhGsOs link to saved game download

its actually pretty epic Skyfire. for something that isnt 100% finished really good job.
Thanx, i hope to have the update ready soon. it still needs some work

no vichy france.
No, it can be done in python i think but it doesn't realy ad anything interesting in gameplay. They didn't play a large part. Exept for usa landings in west africa. Maybe in a future update, if i add anything more i'll never get it ready :D

the united kingdoms research is high
I have already tried to cut down research for uk and usa by making their units cost higher so there is less budget for research. Maybe i'll make labs only buildable with the goods factory so colonies of uk don't add too much in research.

italy never switched sides in sept 1943.
Only because they were already losing, like the eastern european countries. It's a little hard to code that.

Baltic states never got invaded by russia or germany and no open borders with germany.
Made baltics a vassal state of the soviets.

finland and ussr are not at war or if they are they are they didnt even have 1 battle./ Japan wont trade techs with Germany.
solved

Turkey isnt at war with united kingdom.
Is that happening in the scenario? I'll check it

Romania bulgaria hungary have almost no armies.
ai is messing up order of battle. it's deleting units with low exp. or levels

No city of Tobruk in africa
?

Would be nice to have 2 turns per month. and a longer tech tree.
Well, ceeping the tech tree on par with years is just impossible. So after a few years there is no reality anymore

also possibly the chance for peace in late 1945? or capitulation?
I'll add an open scenario with no permanent war/peace. I will add soviets declaring war on japan in '45

Awesome!! ya if you can make it so the united kingdoms vassals dont have advanced techs would be better india has tons of jet fighters and advanced ground units. india is just an example.

as for Tobruk it was a major factor in ww2

heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Tobruk

all i had to do as germany was not send any troops to africa and concentrate on the russian front once france was taken. my mines and navy can take care of the british navy on my coast.

i sent a small army into norway and gave most of the cities i took to sweden and finland then attacked russia from 3 fronts murmansk moscow and stalingrad with 3 panzer groups. the russians really didint offer much resistance. i supplied a save game let me know what u think.

Things are getting expensive so im sending my corporation execs into my vassals, turkey and sweden for more gold. also had to cut my tech to 60%

and there was a bug for a few turns i couldnt build any tanks or airforce it said i had no oil but i had at least 3-4 sources of oil.

Is it possible to add a longer tech tree? or more future units? possibly like C2C?

skyfire:
i remember something that really pissed me off... and i´m not sure if there´s something you could do to prevent it.
but with countries like the UK, whenever they discover a new tech, all its vassals get it too like 1 turn later! i assume the AI was gifting them those techs, which isn´t very realistic.

i assume it´s exactly what Sorry2Baked pointed out with this comment:
india and all the minor civs have jet fighters

i´m not very fond of the vassalage system, to be honest... :(

skyfire:
i remember something that really pissed me off... and i´m not sure if there´s something you could do to prevent it.
but with countries like the UK, whenever they discover a new tech, all its vassals get it too like 1 turn later! i assume the AI was gifting them those techs, which isn´t very realistic.

i assume it´s exactly what Sorry2Baked pointed out with this comment:

i´m not very fond of the vassalage system, to be honest... :(

Thanx for the tip!. There are 2 things i can do. Stop tech trading or quit on the vassals. I'll think about it:confused:

as for Tobruk it was a major factor in ww2

Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG

As far as i know it was there for a while ;)

ok, here are a few (negative) comments:
-i think tanks got too many moves... 5? and without enemy territory penalty? that means i can attack multiple times in the same turn... looks like too much.
i STRONGLY suggest removing/or at least heavily limiting the "can use enemy territory roads" promotion.
-i´m playtesting it as germany, and i´m seeing the AI use trucks to go as far as berlin to destroy improvements. 100% unrealistic. and it works both ways.... any player can infiltrate the enemy territory way too easy with regular land troops. that´s what spies are for...
- i´m playtesting the 1939 scenario and looks like i cant do whatever i want, from a diplomacy point of view, right?
can i declare war on anyone at all? how?

-i think tanks got too many moves... 5? and without enemy territory penalty? that means i can attack multiple times in the same turn... looks like too much.
you have a good point. I'll consider that. But not for the upcoming update. It will mean i'll have to re balance all units. I'm thinking of doing something like that for all air units. A fighter in for example London won't be able to intercept a bombing mission on Berlin.

i STRONGLY suggest removing/or at least heavily limiting the "can use enemy territory roads" promotion.
not quite yet.

-i´m playtesting it as germany, and i´m seeing the AI use trucks to go as far as berlin to destroy improvements. 100% unrealistic. and it works both ways.... any player can infiltrate the enemy territory way too easy with regular land troops. that´s what spies are for..
I had the same experience. The ai sucks with things like that. But you'll have to close the gaps in your border. The ai however won't. After rebalance units won't go that far.

i´m playtesting the 1939 scenario and looks like i cant do whatever i want, from a diplomacy point of view, right?
can i declare war on anyone at all? how?
The update will have 2 1939 scenarios. One open play and one with no changing war/peace.

I will even have the 1914 scenario included. It works but it's too much work too support it. It's fun to try out.

ok, i understand this is your scenario, your call.
it´s just that under the current circumnstances (this version), i´m just not having fun with it.

Top Bottom