WW II December 1941

to my recolection germany was not at war with iran? or does that have to do with the british?

man u did alot of work.. crazy dude!! feels just so overwhelming being thrown into battle of such magnitude off the start..

do u have a 1936-1939 version of this? that would be pretty sweet!

to my recolection germany was not at war with iran? or does that have to do with the british?

man u did alot of work.. crazy dude!! feels just so overwhelming being thrown into battle of such magnitude off the start..

do u have a 1936-1939 version of this? that would be pretty sweet!

I'm working on a 1939 map at this very moment. Just finished the German order of battle for fall weiss. Now moving on to the rest.
It won't be a scenario where countries automatically declare war. I don't know how.
so only the countries that are at war in september 1939. Permanent war is off so anything can happen.

I've been updating and tweaking the whole scenario so it will be another clean install. No update because when i'm working on the scenario i always forget what i have been altering :confused::crazyeye:

Unfortunately savegames can't be reloaded, sorry.

I think/hope it will be ready by the end of the week..

As for Iran, reading and studying Iran, it was mainly under British controle so i made them vassal. U were right!

ok cool!!!!!

as for you not knowing how to have countries automatically declare war at the appropriate times can u look at the RTW mod? maybe u find what u need there. as it has the Historical game mode. if u can somehow incorporate that into ur mod that would be fantastic. or ask Kewitt or kiwitt for help i think he figured that part out.

Also im super happy u are making a 1939 mod!! :) :) :)

"so only the countries that are at war in september 1939. Permanent war is off so anything can happen."

that sounds really fun aswell.

ok cool!!!!!

as for you not knowing how to have countries automatically declare war at the appropriate times can u look at the RTW mod? maybe u find what u need there. as it has the Historical game mode. if u can somehow incorporate that into ur mod that would be fantastic.
Well, i already looked into that of course. But it's not xml related as far as i can see. And xml is as far as my understanding or interest goes, haha.
It's one of the reasons why i started with the 1941 scenario. Everybody is already beating eachother up:ar15: so the decleration of war wasn't an issue.:)

It won't be a scenario where countries automatically declare war. I don't know how.

Here is something for you if you want to play with that in Python. ;)

In the file look for def onBeginGameTurn (or isenchine).

All Players that you want in to declare a war or to be declared war at a given date, you will have to fill them in. I only put five in them as an example.

You will need a table with the Game Turns and the corresponding date (weekly?). Then edit the existing lines or copy as much as you want. The iGameTurn in the code should be your game turn minus 1 because "onBeginGameTurn is called at the beginning of the end of each turn"!

Have fun! Check it out and don't hesitate to ask questions.

If needed, countries could stay at war (even if they declare peace). A check is necessary for each turn then. Up to you.

At the moment of posting, I realise that there will be a problem as this file is meant to work for the 1939 scenario only, not the 1941 one! I think that RtW has resolved that issue, but I would have to dig in their code.

EDIT: Ah ah, what a trick they use! On plot 0,0 of a scenario/map, they put a specific terrain. Then they can check that plot in game to determine if it's 1936, 1939 or 1941 scenario! Tell me which plot will be your "indicator" and with which terrain for which scenario!

Like this:
Code:
                if(CyMap().plot(0,0).getTerrainType() == 0):
                    self.Map = 0    # 0 = 1936 Europe, 1 = 1936 Pacific, 2 = 1939 Europe, 3 - 1936 World, 4 - 1938 Europe, 5 - 1941 Pacific
                elif(CyMap().plot(0,0).getTerrainType() == 1):
                    self.Map = 1
etc... (cut the code)

As you know, in Bts, Terrain 0 = TERRAIN_GRASS, Terrain 1 = TERRAIN_PLAINS, Terrain 2 = TERRAIN_DESERT. So, tell me if on plot 0,0 for 1939 we will have grass and on the same plot for 1941, we will have plains. Whatever you want.

Also tell me what are your intentions in the future: to add a 1936 scenario? I'd like to know to prepare the computation of the turns. In any case, this could be adapted later on.

You may play a bit with the file I attached but no need to fill it in as I will be sending you a revised one.

Have fun! :)

Nice! Don't know about a 1936 scenario yet. Maybe a 1943 scenario, the last german chance to win the war.

Just did a quick test. It worked, uk and france declared war at the end of the turn on germany . Starting turn is 9 (september) and they declared war at the end of it. (note, i changed weeks to months for both scenarios in the next update).

But there were also a lot of countries that were already at war with me (gemany) somehow. Probably because war/peace is not fixed (yet)

edit: i had the vassal option on, so uk and france made al lot of vassals that declared war on me too, so better turn it off again haha.

OK, for now, 1939 will be the starting year.

So, I'll assume that in the 1939 scenario, plot 0,0 will be grass (0) and in the 1941 scenario, plot 0,0 will be plains (1). I don't know if there is a need to declare a war after December 1941 but it will work anyway.

I made an assumption that you did not change the players' order (Germany = 0, Hungary = 1, etc) and that they are the same for both 1939 and 1941 scenarios. Tell me quickly if this is not the case as the code should then be a bit more complex.

OK, for now, 1939 will be the starting year.

So, I'll assume that in the 1939 scenario, plot 0,0 will be grass (0) and in the 1941 scenario, plot 0,0 will be plains (1). I don't know if there is a need to declare a war after December 1941 but it will work anyway.

I made an assumption that you did not change the players' order (Germany = 0, Hungary = 1, etc) and that they are the same for both 1939 and 1941 scenarios. Tell me quickly if this is not the case as the code should then be a bit more complex.

No that is not the case for most countries. The only change i made is switzerland for iraq. But that is not a problem for the code i think

In your example, it will not matter if neither Switzerland nor Iraq will declare/be declared war. Come back with a specific example if needed.

Enclosed is a revised CvEventManager file taking the 2 scenarios into consideration. You will still need to fill it in...

I have also enclosed an Excel table with the turns and months. There are two examples in yellow, one for an event prior to 1941 (1939 scenario only) and one for an event after 1941 (both scenarios).

Note that there is a possibility that I might be wrong somewhere in the logic. You will see in the table that this is all a bit confusing... :crazyeye:

Test it with simple tests (Mexico declaring war on the Netherlands in October 1939 or February 1943 for example!). Make sure that you have enabled Python exceptions.

any eta skyfire? sorry im just so bored lately really want a new scenario lmao

Hahaha, no not yet. Just finished polish order of battle, Germany done too. I just remembered that i have to take a look at the pacific too. I'm not in to total accuracy but it does need some work. Also Soviets, France etc. Africa. So sorry no eta:(

And of course implement the python war declerations....

oh ok well im glad ur doing it right!! i wish i knew xml and stuff i would help but im afraid im useless...

What do u mean order of battle?

Top Bottom