Xtended for Master of Mana Alpha v5

esvath

Apprentice of Erebus
Xtended 3.0 for Alpha

Installation

Latest version: here

Known bug
If you have GFC Error, the game is looking for a Master of Mana folder. You can:
  • install Master of Mana v1.42 in Master of Mana folder OR
  • rename the "Master of Mana Beta" folder into "Master of Mana".

What is Master of Mana Alpha?
Master of Mana Alpha is an alpha version of Master of Mana developed by Sephi and his team. It features plenty exciting mechanics, including the re-introduction of guilds!

Unfortunately, because of real life (TM), Sephi had to postpone his development phase and leave the alpha, well, at alpha stage.

Why developing Xtended 3.0, not Beta or released version of MoMana?
While I am officially part of the team now, but MoMana is Sephi's brainchild. At the moment, Sephi is busy in real life. Thus I don't think it will be proper to continue MoMana without him or his vision.

The other team members were expressing their interests in continue developing MoMana, but at the moment they have other activities too. So, basically Xtended 3.0 is my interpretations of what should be done in MoMana.

Graywarden helps me a lot in balancing the mod, because I tend to think big but terrible in balancing things. I guess I am more into the "cool factor" and "noone is OP when everyone is OP". His inputs are valuable, as your inputs will be.

Limitation of Xtended
This mod is based on Alpha v5, and will not introduce new dll in the foreseeable future. This means that I am restricted in what I can do. XML modding is feasible as long as the dll still call for the XML. Python modding is also possible, although I am hesitant to do major python work since it might introduce complexities. SDK modding has zero chance in near future, but who knows on the far future. So, there will be bugs/suggestions that I can do, but there will be some that I can't do.

When BlackArchon and LordShaggynator are coming back, we can request them to do some SDK modding. If they do, I will update this mod and merge whatever changes that they do.

Discussions, ideas, bug reports etc?
You can post your ideas, bug reports and discuss anything related with this mod in this thread. I will visit and update this thread regularly (at least, at the weekends). Your inputs are highly appreciated!

Other mods

Xtended Graphic
Instruction:

Xtended for Master of Mana 1.42
Instruction:
  1. Download and install Master of Mana 1.3 from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/masterofmana/files/Master of Mana Full Setup.exe/download
  2. Download and install Master of Mana 1.42 from here: http://www.masterofmana.com/download/Master of Mana 1.42.exe
  3. Download and install Patch G from here: http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=2914
  4. Download Xtended from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?waksghzb9gz1i1s
  5. Extract the file.
  6. Move and replace the Assets folder to your Asset folder inside Master of Mana.

Hey mate, great to see some work on Master of Mana...this mod is great. Will report any bugs/wants dislikes/ or whatever. :coffee:

So I've tried throughout the afternoon to get this to function correctly:wallbash:
..But I've failed. I followed the install directions but no luck.

I noticed that the 'Patch5' installs inside the MoMana folder, but it creates another MoMana folder instead on combining. So I tried to copy the assets folder from the 'patch5' to the assets folder. I followed this with your Xtended. Some pics to show stuff.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• MoMana1.PNG
    MoMana1.PNG
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,931
  • MoMana2.PNG
    MoMana2.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,918
  • MoMana3.PNG
    MoMana3.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,899
  • MoMana4.PNG
    MoMana4.PNG
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,894
  • Momana5.PNG
    Momana5.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 2,901
  • MoM_bug.PNG
    MoM_bug.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 2,945
Ah, you have GFC error. To solve this, try to rename the folder into "Master of Mana" (without any additions; no "Alpha", no "Beta" etc).

If that is not working, follow these steps, please:
  1. Install Master of Mana 1.42 into Master of Mana folder (and leave it... you just need some of its files
  2. Install Master of Mana Alpha into Master of Mana Beta folder
  3. Install Master of Mana Alpha v5 into Master of Mana Beta folder (your no. 5 pic have two "Master of Mana Beta"... deleting one of them will make the patch install to the appropriate folder)
  4. Install Xtended into Master of Mana Beta folder

Ah, you have GFC error. To solve this, try to rename the folder into "Master of Mana" (without any additions; no "Alpha", no "Beta" etc).

If that is not working, follow these steps, please:
  1. Install Master of Mana 1.42 into Master of Mana folder (and leave it... you just need some of its files
  2. Install Master of Mana Alpha into Master of Mana Beta folder
  3. Install Master of Mana Alpha v5 into Master of Mana Beta folder (your no. 5 pic have two "Master of Mana Beta"... deleting one of them will make the patch install to the appropriate folder)
  4. Install Xtended into Master of Mana Beta folder
Will give it a go..:crazyeye:

Sweet renaming it seemed to work.:clap:
[*]Install Master of Mana Alpha v5 into Master of Mana Beta folder (your no. 5 pic have two "Master of Mana Beta"... deleting one of them will make the patch install to the appropriate folder)...[/list]
... ya I had that done I was just lazy when I recreated it the 2nd time:old:

Other mods compatible with Master of Mana Alpha v5

Xtended Graphic
Instruction:

Xtended for Master of Mana 1.42
Instruction:
  1. Download and install Master of Mana 1.3 from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/masterofmana/files/Master of Mana Full Setup.exe/download
  2. Download and install Master of Mana 1.42 from here: http://www.masterofmana.com/download/Master of Mana 1.42.exe
  3. Download and install Patch G from here: http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=2914
  4. Download Xtended from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?waksghzb9gz1i1s
  5. Extract the file.
  6. Move and replace the Assets folder to your Asset folder inside Master of Mana.

does that mean that Xtended for 1.42 works for MoM alpha ?

Changelog for 3.05 (unreleased)
  • XDanalin: merged to Alpha.
  • XMalakim: merged to Alpha.
  • XBarbarian: fixed Goblin Archer's strength to 9.
  • XCalabim: fixed Champion of Chaos affinity to Chaos Mana.
  • XDoviello: Lucian Cold Iron requires Iron Working now.
  • XDoviello: Doviello Adventurer can be upgraded to melee line through spell.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Artificer promotions.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Wood Golem's strength to 15.
  • XLuchuirp: fixed Iron Golem's strength to 22.
  • XPromotions: adjust hero class promotions to Alpha's mechanic.
  • XWands: adjust robes, knives and staffs to Alpha's mechanic.
  • Minor Trait: getting Arcane Trait now requires Arcane Power.
  • Artisan Guild: buff Mithril armors and weapons.
  • Merchant Quarter: Profits can be adopted by Good leaders.
  • Merchant Quarter: Bank gold bonus is decreased to 10%.
  • Merchant Quarter: Change bonus from Ecumene to +1 movement for land and sea units.
  • Merchant Quarter: City of Splendor gives +3 Merchant slots.
  • Hunter Guild: Stag Camp requires Domesticated Animals (for early health).
  • Hunter Guild: Leather armor now cost more than Darkhide armor, but with stronger effect too. Its main purpose is providing non-metal armor for all of your units.
  • Hunter Guild: (Austrin) Harmatt no longer requires Harvesting guild tech.
  • Hunter Guild: (Austrin) Tracker no longer requires Harvesting guild tech.
  • Magi Circle: Greenhouse also provides +1 health.
  • Magi Circle: Conjure Matter III requires Conjuration Mastery, instead of Astral Lord.
  • Magi Circle: Circlet of Mastery requires Astral Lord, instead of Conjuration Mastery.
  • Slaver Guild: Slaver requires Slaver Compound and Slavery Civic.
  • Slaver Guild: Overseer requires Slave Pens and Slavery Civic.
  • Slaver Guild: (Aristarkh) Haunted Land now requires Taverns instead of Dark Imperium.
  • Slaver Guild: (Scions) Exchange now requires Trade instead of Dark Imperium.
  • Guild Techs: Increase the cost of Guild techs:
    • 1st => no cost => no cost
    • 2nd => 300 => 300
    • 3rd => 600 => 750
    • 4th => 900 => 1200
    • 5th => 1200 => 1800
    • 6th => 1500 => 2400
    • 7th => 1800 => 3500
  • Harbor: reduce gold from resources. Now it is +3 gold for access and +0.50 gold per sea resources.
  • Harbor (Lanun UB): reduce gold from resources. Now it is +3 gold for access and +1 gold per sea resources.
  • Great Bard: Great Bard's increase Global Culture ability now gives 2000+(25*number of elapsed turn). Previously it was 5000+(20*number of elapsed turn) (Expansion.py)
  • UI: Add a pop up to remind players to open Guild screen once they have 500 global culture.

I have to admit I'm a total nooblet to MoMana and my english isn't the best either (germanfag here :)). Still I'm eager to give MoMana a try, esp your Modmodmod :D

But well... I'm getting a "GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme error" already after step one of your installation manual - so I'm kinda deadlocked atm :(

Path is D:\Games\Civ IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana Beta\ - which seems to be legit in my eyes.
any ideas? :( Do I need MoMana 1.42 or is all I need within the Alpha-Setup?

You can rename the folder from "Master of Mana Beta" to "Master of Mana".

Or, keep the folder and install Master of Mana 1.42 in "Master of Mana" folder, NOT in "Master of Mana Beta".

indeed, master of mana "beta" needs to make references to a "master of mana" folder.
so you need either:
-master of mana beta/alpha to be named "master of mana"
or
-master of mana beta/alpha named "master of mana beta" AND a folder named "master of mana" containing at least MoM 1.42

indeed, master of mana "beta" needs to make references to a "master of mana" folder.
so you need either:
-master of mana beta/alpha to be named "master of mana"
or
-master of mana beta/alpha named "master of mana beta" AND a folder named "master of mana" containing at least MoM 1.42

Calavente, have you played with Xtended for Alpha yet? I am looking forward for your opinions! :)

haha.. nice of you to say that :D
however, I have very very few time to play. (2kids and lotsa RL work eat the week).
(I think I haven't played since... 3weeks ? and then it was only 3hours in a go.)

the good news for you is that last time I just finished my MnAI elohim game.
and wednesday I took my free time to dl Xtended and the patches for alpha that I missed previously
so next time I'll play it will be Xtended... (but maybe in 1-2weeks only)

however you further need to know that I only played alpha once, 150 turns with malakim.. and didn't understood what happened because I was lost with guilds and the new magic tree...etc
I made a bunchload of comments at that time. but haven't played alpha since then.

Just take your time and comment as you play. This mod should be user-friendly ;)

After I have satisfied with the mechanics, I will create a new documentation for MoM.

haha....(2kids and lotsa RL work eat the week).
I hear what you say Calavante, same situation here. We are re-doing the floors at our house, plus a 3 1/2, and 14 year olds.....madness. :crazyeye::help::scared::please:

..On a game note the time I have had was enjoyable, nothing I can recall off hand to report otherwise.

Top Bottom