Xtended for Master of Mana Alpha v5

Question - Sephi stated that there was a bug in 1.42 that nerfed animal capture rates all the way down to 1%. Is this fixed in Alpha? or in Alpha Xtended?

I've been playing a few Grigori games to about turn 100 or so, and I've yet to capture an animal despite numerous kills with my treasure hunters. If the stated percentage rates are still accurate (20/40/60/80 for animals, 0/0/0/20% for beasts, based on tier of scout/hunter) then... I should have gotten at least ONE wolf or lion. Treasure hunters are tier two, so I should be capturing 40% of my kills. So far, Ive gotten none.

Question: Is this new version why the old one on the MoM website is not active currently? That is, is this Xtended version basically THE MoM now?

not.
there are "3-4" versions of MoM
in fact there are 2 "engines" of MoM, and 2 version per "engine"
so
MoM 1.42 and MoM 1.42 Extended
MoM alpha (not even Beta) and it's extended version MoMalpha Extended v5

however, It seems that the next beta will use part of MoMalpha Extended
so the next beta will probably be close (on mechanics) to this Extended. However on features, Extended adds a lot that I'm not sure Sephi will use.

but even the Beta will be a beta and might not really be the "official new version"...

So you see, the answer is complicated depending on what you call "THE new MoM".

The official finished version is MoM 1.42.
I developed Xtended Final as a modmod for MoM 1.42.

There is a new version: MoM Alpha, which has many new features and it is official from MoM Team. But, it is still in alpha stage (various features are still in development/not implemented yet, still need various tweaks/balances etc). Sephi and team are developing next version of alpha right now.

I developed Xtended for Alpha (the one in this thread) as a modmod for the MoM Alpha. It contains tweaks, balances, additional contents etc. It is basically my interpretation on "how a finished MoM should be" (within the limits of MoM Alpha's mechanics).

There might be some contents from Xtended for Alpha that will be merged in the next version of official MoM (currently being developed), but we have not discussed which one(s).

Which one you should play?
Well, it depends. If you like to play a "final version", play 1.42 (with Xtended Final if you want more religious contents and civilizations unique flavor).

If you want to play MoM Alpha, go ahead! It is stable with no major bugs that I know of, playable and introduces many fun features not in 1.42 such as Guilds. You can add Xtended for Alpha for more polished features.

Short feedback: Although some things are missing (Alpha-state, so it's okay) and some changes are rather new to me (f.e. strength of units) I'm enjoying this Modmod very much :)

Thanks, Nero-Angelo!

AFAIK, Sephi stated that the unit strength curve will be fleshed out in the next version. Also, the "each unit has higher def than att" is a bug, IIRC.

Thanks, Nero-Angelo!

AFAIK, Sephi stated that the unit strength curve will be fleshed out in the next version. Also, the "each unit has higher def than att" is a bug, IIRC.
true ??? I'm happy then :D

To adopt a Guild (acquire the first tier tech) you need to research one of the techs that allows you to choose a Guild after you researched it. For example: Tavern. After researching Tavern, you will be able to choose one Guild. If you want to adopt another Guild, you need to research other techs (in Tavern line) such as Currency, Trade, etc.

To improve a Guild (acquire second tech, third tech, etc) you need to accumulate your Empire culture. You can accumulate Empire culture by building culture-related building, or use Great Bard's Tale of Legend ability. After you acquire sufficient culture, go to Guild screen and click the tech you want to acquire.

It is a little bit of hassle to improve Guild, but Sephi made some UI improvement in the latest Alpha version to make it easier for players to adopt/improve Guilds. Unfortunately, this version of Xtended is not compatible with the latest Alpha.

Thanks for the answer :)

But in the slave guild there seems to be more bugs. It is not possible to buy or sell slaves

Will there be any issues if you just play MoM 1.42 with Xtended, but without the patches? (Like Patch G)

I would like to play MoM game with this excellent modmod for Master of Mana Alpha 5. If someone is interested, he should come to the Master of Mana forum, and post here.

Could someone upload the Alpha v5 patch? (since the official MoM forums are down)
I got the alpha setup off of sourceforge.

Any way to get the Alpha Patch 5 and Xtended 3.5 elsewhere now as currently none of them are accessible?

Top Bottom