[Xtended] Things, Typos, & Bugs...

Tried a game with Ji and still 15 support . grrrr.
I'll try a uninstall/reinstal

edit : i made a clean installation but no changes, only this trait doesn't seem to work.
strange...

Last edited:
I will do a complete new install of Civ4 and then install MOM Xtended 5.3, to see if that fixes my barbarian problems. I will let you know if that fixed it.

But can you increase your military supply through buildings or enchantments? If yes, then that bug on Horde is weird. If you can't then there is a greater problem than Horde. Either way, I am unsure what the cause of that bug.

Btw, I am going to release 5.4 in a couple of hours, so if you can wait, maybe install 5.4 on top of clean MoM?

Btw, I am going to release 5.4 in a couple of hours, so if you can wait, maybe install 5.4 on top of clean MoM?

Did 5.3 before you posted. Didnt help. Barbarians in forts still dont respawn. :-(

Gonna remove 5.3 cleanly and try out 5.4, but without a new install of Civ4.

Yes esvath, i can increase military support with warrior districts, barracks etc ... and as i said, only this trait doesn't work for me, so it's not a big deal (it's even more challenging especially on immortal) but it's just strange. By the way, i'm using the civ 4 complete version (CD or DVD). And for the barbarian thing, I'm luckier than guru méditation, they respawn normally.

edit : just installed 5.4 and It works now ! 21 support !

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to submit some 5.3 bugs, they could be fixed in new version. All spotted on small-normal maps, Emperor and Monarch difficulty:

-I could promote Adept to Mage for no cost, herbs were not reduced by 100 after promotion. ILLIANS civ.
-Should't be Dragon sitting on some kind of city/village? In my game he was just standing in the forest. Also, I remember that in FF2 the forest near him was on fire.
-Barbarians were passive in all my games, just sitting in forts or dungeons, no roaming except when player was like 1 tile close to them. Even Orthus was frozen.
-Enemy heroes were acting weird - usually they just stood near my border, 2-3 tiles away from me. And that's all they do. This was visible with KURIOTATES hero and Guybrush Threepwood from sea-focused civ. Possibly others I didn't noticed, they were killed fast probably :)
-Armageddon counter is raising strangely slow, I usually finish my gameplays near 300-400 turn. Last time I was playing with evil civ and the counter stopped at 11. I razed, pillaged, enslaved and used death mana like crazy.
-There was something in FF2 that player could do to get 3 ogres (3 stooges) at the early game. What was that? Is this still possible?

-I could promote Adept to Mage for no cost, herbs were not reduced by 100 after promotion. ILLIANS civ.
That's how it goes. When you upgrade units, you only pay in gold.

-Should't be Dragon sitting on some kind of city/village? In my game he was just standing in the forest. Also, I remember that in FF2 the forest near him was on fire.
I'll look on this.

-Barbarians were passive in all my games, just sitting in forts or dungeons, no roaming except when player was like 1 tile close to them. Even Orthus was frozen.
That is strange. Do you have any particular option turned ON? Maybe Raging wildland?
I suggest you do a clean install of MOM and update to 5.4.

-Enemy heroes were acting weird - usually they just stood near my border, 2-3 tiles away from me. And that's all they do. This was visible with KURIOTATES hero and Guybrush Threepwood from sea-focused civ. Possibly others I didn't noticed, they were killed fast probably :)
It potentially happens on all AI units. Whenever they are interrupted from their target, they might get "confused" and stand there idle doing nothing. I can't do anything, it's in DLL.

-Armageddon counter is raising strangely slow, I usually finish my gameplays near 300-400 turn. Last time I was playing with evil civ and the counter stopped at 11. I razed, pillaged, enslaved and used death mana like crazy.
Only actively spreading the Ashen Veil and doing Sheaim's ritual can increase AC significantly. Pillaging and possessing Death Mana have nothing to do with AC.

-There was something in FF2 that player could do to get 3 ogres (3 stooges) at the early game. What was that? Is this still possible?
No.
But there is a city which spawn lots of Ogres if you want to fight them.

Yes esvath, i can increase military support with warrior districts, barracks etc ... and as i said, only this trait doesn't work for me, so it's not a big deal (it's even more challenging especially on immortal) but it's just strange. By the way, i'm using the civ 4 complete version (CD or DVD). And for the barbarian thing, I'm luckier than guru méditation, they respawn normally.

edit : just installed 5.4 and It works now ! 21 support !

CD version of Civ4 and BtS, from when they came out.

Aaaaaand ... with 5.4 the barbarians are back again! Woot! :goodjob:

Two troubles taken care of somehow by new version now thats great :)
Glad to hear that! Thanks for playing.

Playing a game with Weevil (who is ... evil) and I can research way of the wise. Bug or intended ?

Playing a game with Weevil (who is ... evil) and I can research way of the wise. Bug or intended ?
It is a bug but I can't fix it due to guild techs ignore xml or python requirements. The bug fix should use dll coding.

Mary Morbus can be afflicted by own plaque.
Sidar Achlys have no moving animations.
I need to check on Mary.
Sidar Achlys does not have animation, too bad.

That's how it goes. When you upgrade units, you only pay in gold.

I'll look on this.

That is strange. Do you have any particular option turned ON? Maybe Raging wildland?
I suggest you do a clean install of MOM and update to 5.4.

It potentially happens on all AI units. Whenever they are interrupted from their target, they might get "confused" and stand there idle doing nothing. I can't do anything, it's in DLL.

Only actively spreading the Ashen Veil and doing Sheaim's ritual can increase AC significantly. Pillaging and possessing Death Mana have nothing to do with AC.

No.
But there is a city which spawn lots of Ogres if you want to fight them.

Thanks for the reply, FYI I always play with no extra options enabled, with 5.4 barbarians are moving again.

Is the game balanced for 'quick' game mode? Because barbarians were levelling to fast on Immortal - while me and AIs had only strength 12-14 units max, goblins were spawning 26 strength units, spectres were around 30. This messed with whole 'fast' game concept as me and AIs had to spend most time and resources to fight with OP monsters, which slowed down empire development.

Also, does enemy AI is restricted by the unit cap? I know that enemy AI cheats as fudge, but Bannor with 3 cities were able to raid me with 40+ units of their own, not counting dozens of those guarding the cities. And I've had like 22 unit cap.

One bug, possibly difficult to change: sometimes fire spreads through the tiles (which is normal). On my last playthrough it reached goblin fort I was going to attack, so the goblin fort was on fire and I was unable to command my units to attack. Should't the fort disappear or be moved somewhere else?

Strange thing, but sometimes worker with 'auto building roads' mode on, is actually building an improvement

Also, does enemy AI is restricted by the unit cap? I know that enemy AI cheats as ****, but Bannor with 3 cities were able to raid me with 40+ units of their own, not counting dozens of those guarding the cities. And I've had like 22 unit cap.

The Bannor 1x/game Worldspell gives them a horde of units, based on their cottages.

Is the game balanced for 'quick' game mode?
No. There are many variables which do not scale well with game speed other than Normal. Yields in particular do not scale at all. But if you enjoy playing a particular game speed, please do.

goblins were spawning 26 strength units, spectres were around 30
AFAIK, game speed does not increase monsters' strength. Events do. I'll try to look at this, but no promises since this might be coded in DLL.

Also, does enemy AI is restricted by the unit cap?
Yes, they are.

Bannor with 3 cities were able to raid me with 40+ units of their own, not counting dozens of those guarding the cities. And I've had like 22 unit cap.
Bannor's Pagan Tempe UB gives them +1 unit supply per building.
Bannor starts with Life Mana, and there is an enchantment in Life Mana which increases unit supply by +1/city.
They might focus on Warrior Districts, Training Yards etc.
They might have the Horde or General trait, which increase unit supply.
Also, each city can garrison four units for free. Do you know this?

One bug, possibly difficult to change: sometimes fire spreads through the tiles (which is normal). On my last playthrough it reached goblin fort I was going to attack, so the goblin fort was on fire and I was unable to command my units to attack. Should't the fort disappear or be moved somewhere else?
Moving/destroying the goblin fort in fire is difficult but I'll look at it. You can keep on attacking if your units have fire resistance, though.

sometimes worker with 'auto building roads'
I am not sure why this is happening.

I can't activate the Deepening ritual because the White Hand ritual doesn't stay activated when I use it.

I can't activate the Deepening ritual because the White Hand ritual doesn't stay activated when I use it.
I'll make it that the Deepening requires Priesthood tech and you have all three Priests of Winter.

Frost Maidens won't be able to upgrade to Priests of Winter, though. If the Priests of Winter are killed, you have to initiate more through The White Hand ritual.

Top Bottom