XTR1--- Regent SG

I got it, as soon as the fileserver will let me download the save.

I doubt I will be able to play on New Years eve though, or would you prefer that? ;)

You know there is no entertainment outside of Civ....

[dance] :whipped:

Hah, entertainment outside of civ? What are you talking about gozpel. ;)

Pre-turn: Eek, who let all those barbs in to our territory? Someone is a spearman freak, we can build 2 warriors for the cost of one spearman. Change Feliz Navidad to warrior, will lose a couple of shields, but we need workers too, to improve that area. Spear from Edrine kills a barb. Change Production in Edrine to temple. After the temple Edrine will build GL.

Check diplo and sell Zulu a couple of contacts for 124g, sell Pottery and contact Rome to Carthage for 85g. Sell contact Rome to Persia for 31g. Sell contact Persia to Rome for 16g. Sell Pottery to Japan for 10g. Sell 3 contacts to Arabia for contact Egypt and 11g. Cleo knows nothing and is broke.

I sold off contacts because the expansionist civs will know the others soon enough, the trades gave us 277g and contact with Egypt. And all that gold was rightfully ours anyway. Btw, Arabia would only pay 9g for writing, so they almost finished researched on that, expect everyone to know everone soon. Arabia still knows Babylon, but I won't trade Writing + 160g for contact. Arabia is up Mysticism on us as well. Maximize research on Lit -> 14 turns at -1gpt, lux tax zero for now.
Move warrior out of Deck the Halls.

Finally I'm ready to start playing my turns :)

1475bc - IT spear with settler defends against barb. Feliz Navidad warrior -> worker. Move warrior out of Feliz Navidad. A worker will chop forest near Edrine to hurry temple. Southern warrior spots dark blue borders. Yep, Arabia knows Writing now.

1450bc - Istanbul warrior - settler. New warrior attacks barb and wins. We Three Kings spear -> worker. Warrior trips over goodyhut and gets 50g. Luxtax 20% since Istanbul is pop 5 now. Feliz warrior next to barbhut. Change production in Izmit to worker.

1425bc - Warrior kills barb. Other warrior attacks barbhut and wins, gets promotion and 25g. Fawlty Towers are founded on hills SW of Istanbul -> warrior. Say hello to Hammurabi, I trade Alphabet for Myst and their 3g. Buy a worker from Arabia for 106g. Change citizen in Izmit to work another shield to get worker faster.

1400bc - Deck the Halls warrior -> worker. Izmit worker -> worker. New worker will team up with logger at Edrine and continue to help improve this towns area, since Edrine will build a wonder! Warrior near We Three Kings attacks barbhut and wins, gets promotion and 25g. Goodyhut spotted near Feliz Navidad.

1375bc - Konya founded -> worker. Trade 3 contacts to Babylon for a worker. Alphabet and contact Egypt to Persia for HBR.

1350bc - Istanbul settler -> worker. Feliz Navidad worker -> worker. We Three Kings worker -> temple. Warrior on to GH and gets a conscript. Give Caesar Burials and a couple of contacts for a worker and he is cautious.

1325bc - IT Good ole Xerxes demands contact, I say no and he backs down.

1300bc - Aydin warrior -> worker. Fawlty Towers warrior -> worker. Deck of Halls worker -> temple. Sell a couple of contacts to Persia for 25g. Istanbul worker -> barracks.

1275bc - Edrine temple -> Pyramids. Adana founded -> warrior. We have to build tight because of earlier city placements, but that's alright. Not all cities has to be megapolis'es. I give Alphabet and contact Egypt to Japan for a worker. Sell a couple of contacts to Babylon for 25g.

1250bc - Nothing really, I moved 3 foreign worker to a wine-tile, they are supposed to build roads only to connect cities. The 2 workers next to them can continue building mines/irrigation. Edrine is set for Pyramids, change to GL when Literature is researched in 2 turns. Other cities production can be changed if next player feels like it. Squeeze in 2 cities between Istanbul and Feliz Navidad so we don't lose tiles, crowded space is better than lost space...or no space :)

The Save

Our empire with a few dots:

These cities will be crowded, but they can still build barracks and military, with the occational worker. Istanbul is set for barracks, change to settler if that seems better... we can probably build 4 turn settler/warrior at 5-7, when tiles are improved there.

Got it and going, had to take a break from GOTY 27, it's killing me :cry:

Hot damn, I forgot GOTY!!!

I scrapped gotm26 and totally forgot the new game and didn't realize the meaning of Dec 31th. It's not the end of a year, it's the beginning of a new gotm :)

Pre-turns: Wonder why the heck we are researching lit on full strength. We can make more money, and still get the GL in the same amount of turns, Just use the palace pre-build.

Someone went re-naming crazy... :p

Lose the barracks in Istanbul, we might as well keep our settlers going until our space is maxed out. Cities = power. Well, the possibility for power at least.

Turn 1 1225 BC: Foreign workers connect another wine to our road network, move to connect fawlty towers to the empire. Conehead, our valient regular warrior pops a hut and gains a follower. Spots a barb camp, both will move in and take it.

Turn 2 1200 BC: Settler done in Istanbul, forgot the settler factory was broken, set to warrior to fix it. Settler sent South-East to claim the sprices, Adana set to temple so cultural expainsion will bring iron into borders. Workers continue to road around. Warriors continue to roam around.

Turn 3 1175 BC: 4 Cities make workers, I tell them to make some more. :) Our conscript warrior beats a barb camp and takes 25 gold.

Turn 4 1150 BC: Istanbul completes a warrior and fixes the 4 turn settler factory, it's back to doing what it's good at. :)

Turn 5 1125 BC: Worker completed in Konya, set to roading. Workers in the edrine area sent to chop jungles at edrine, we really could use an extra bonus grassland in that area. Right now it can make 7 shields, I'd like to get it to 10 spt before we start massing horses.

Turn 6 1100 BC: Nothing much happens, I start thinking about the terrible start for the GOTY. ;)

Turn 7 1075 BC: Something needs to happen! :lol:

Turn 8 1050 BC: Sinop founded, iron is within our borders, istanbul produces settler, I'm being ******ed, and can't figure out how I had the settler factory set up so it wouldn't require micromanagement. Don't worry, it still works, just micromanage. Doh!

Turn 9 1025 BC: Workers run around.

Turn 10 1000 BC: 2 workers built in Aydin and Izmit.

What we have at 1000 BC:
Military:
Settler: 1
Worker: 14
Warrior: 17
Spearmen: 5
Foreign Workers: 4

Infastructure:
Temple: 1
Granary: 1
Barracks: 0

Cities: 11

Keys to the game:

Literature will be finished in 19 turns. Please, do not change our science rate. We are researching with a lone scientist in "We three kings". After literature is done change him to something else or research towards chivalry.

We really need more cities. Keep pumping settlers to the outside of our empire. We can fill in the un-worked tiles with later settlers. Right now space is the most important thing!

As far as workers go. A general rule could be one native worker per town. We have actually surpassed that, but I think it is best to pump about 30 workers total ASAP, because we don't want to take production away from later buildings like markets and libraries because we need workers.

Final things: The horses near istanbul and the Iron near Adana have yet to be connected. We need to get to those soon.

Good luck.

Onward and upward!

Originally posted by gozpel
Hot damn, I forgot GOTY!!!

It's impossible my friend. I'm dead serious! :)

I wanted to research Lit as quickly as possible, so we could head on for a 40-turn gambit on Poly. We don't need money right now and we will probably be extorted anyways.

Good turns anyways!

ps. I downloaded the GOTY and I will see how you managed to screw up a juicy start position like that ;)

Shush it! How ever did we americans succeed with all of those plains in the midwest. Ugh.

Sodbusters and barbed wire. ;) Who's up, Hakon?

Yep, hakon is.

Skip me please. PTW still isn't working.

Aye aye. I won't bother the science rate. What's our stance on trading techs? (IIRC, Persians would sell us Phil. for 188 gold)

Originally posted by Smellincoffee
You know there is no entertainment outside of Civ....

[dance] :whipped:

Then get this game going, mate! :)

I think we want 2fers, but if stuff is cheap enough, get it. Money only last so long.

-- :( Skip me. Between church (revival all this week. :) ) and the spring semester at college starting, I haven't had time to grab it.

Gunner, you're up. :)

Top Bottom