YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Amsterdam can keep the same capital. Seoul was not the capital of Silla. Gyeongju was, Gyeongju would be where Pohang is on the map so I advocate changing the name of Pohang to Gyeongju (Pohang only became important after colonial korea (I.E. Really recent history) while Gyeongju has been important for thousands of years.

Amsterdam can keep the same capital. Seoul was not the capital of Silla. Gyeongju was, Gyeongju would be where Pohang is on the map so I advocate changing the name of Pohang to Gyeongju (Pohang only became important after colonial korea (I.E. Really recent history) while Gyeongju has been important for thousands of years.
Agreed, just did some reasearch. Also, looks like Karakorum is the Mongol capital, as normal. For Chandragupta Maurya, we could rename Patna to Pataliputra, and set that to his leader spawn. (I couldn't find Patna on the India city map, I just assume it's there as I'm not good at reading it.)

I have an idea for an Earthmap with an expanded europe because it can get crowded and Africa will need some teaks. The problem is I tried to edit the Giant map, but it it loads the Rome intro then crashes to start menu. What is the way to edit the maps in worldbuilder? My new map I want to use is the 200 x 100.

Also, for the Cree capital: My best suggestion is a Saskatoon square? I couldn't find where the capital in the game is in real life, so my best guess is around Cut Knife, in Saskatchewan. That corresponds to Saskatoon... and so yeah. Also, this means making a Native American city map, doesn't it? Because... dangit, it does.

I have installed the mod in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods, then I activated the mod but when I create a game, I only have the regular maps sizes. There is no Enormous , Giant and Ludicrous map sizes. Is this mod an extansion to another mod and I need to install the other mod as well? I tried to activate the mod, restarted the game and reinstalling the mod and it still don't work.

When I click to set the map type to the largest earth from the addons, the game load infinitely or until I click and the game stop working. I have 16 GB of RAM, i5 intel core, GTX 1050.

I have installed the mod in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods, then I activated the mod but when I create a game, I only have the regular maps sizes. There is no Enormous , Giant and Ludicrous map sizes. Is this mod an extansion to another mod and I need to install the other mod as well? I tried to activate the mod, restarted the game and reinstalling the mod and it still don't work.

When I click to set the map type to the largest earth from the addons, the game load infinitely or until I click and the game stop working. I have 16 GB of RAM, i5 intel core, GTX 1050.
Have you checked if the mod folder is in the folder you installed? If it is, just move that into the mods folder, it confuses the AI that detects the mod. The Largest Earth shouldn't load without base support from YnAMP.

Have you checked if the mod folder is in the folder you installed? If it is, just move that into the mods folder, it confuses the AI that detects the mod. The Largest Earth shouldn't load without base support from YnAMP.
Basically, is the mod in the folder you thought was the mod?

Is there a file I can edit to make the ludicrous size even bigger? My computer is handling it well so I want to try even bigger. And will the script for making the earth map will work if I edit the size?

Is there a file I can edit to make the ludicrous size even bigger? My computer is handling it well so I want to try even bigger. And will the script for making the earth map will work if I edit the size?
Is it in this file? : TerraMap.lua

Then I edit this section:
-- The base map is the Largest Earth Map
local g_LargestMapWidth = 230
local g_LargestMapHeight = 116
local g_LargestMapOldWorldX = 155
local g_SizeDual = 44*26
local g_SizeTiny = 60*36
local g_SizeSmall = 74*46
local g_SizeStandard = 84*54
local g_SizeLarge = 96*60
local g_SizeHuge = 106*66
local g_SizeEnormous = 128*80
local g_SizeGiant = 180*94
local g_SizeLudicrous = 230*115 <------ I edit this one to get even larger map for ludicrous.
local g_LargestEarthOceanWidth = 24

it's in GamePlay.xml, the line
Code:
<Row MapSizeType="MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS" Name="LOC_MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS_NAME" Description="LOC_MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS_DESCRIPTION" DefaultPlayers="23" GridWidth="200" GridHeight="100" NumNaturalWonders="16" PlateValue="7" Continents="8"/>

change 200,100 to what you want, 230, 115 were previous max values, but will lead to a crash when revealing the map now.

the new max is somewhere between.

edit: and the size of the real earth maps are fixed.

it's in GamePlay.xml, the line
Code:
<Row MapSizeType="MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS" Name="LOC_MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS_NAME" Description="LOC_MAPSIZE_LUDICROUS_DESCRIPTION" DefaultPlayers="23" GridWidth="200" GridHeight="100" NumNaturalWonders="16" PlateValue="7" Continents="8"/>

change 200,100 to what you want, 230, 115 were previous max values, but will lead to a crash when revealing the map now.

the new max is somewhere between.

edit: and the size of the real earth maps are fixed.
Ok I will try this with 400x200 to see what happen in world builder.

It just seem to load forever until I click something and the game is no longer responding. What I Wonder is when I check in task manager, the game is not even using 10% of my computer capacity (CPU or RAM usage) while it is loading.

Hello dear developer! What do I do to customize the map to play on the most huge (Ludicrous) real-world map and with the real location of civilizations.

Just after the last update of your mod I put the map Ludicrous and the actual location (TSL) of civilization, but they are randomly located. In general, how now to make a real map (Ludicrous size) of the earth with a Ludicrous size and real location of the countries.

Hello dear developer! What do I do to customize the map to play on the most huge (Ludicrous) real-world map and with the real location of civilizations.

Just after the last update of your mod I put the map Ludicrous and the actual location (TSL) of civilization, but they are randomly located. In general, how now to make a real map (Ludicrous size) of the earth with a Ludicrous size and real location of the countries.
Please open a thread with your logs in the bug report section about your issue with the map without TSL:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/bug-reports.574/

Gedemon,

How do you change the TSL for the vanilla TSL Earth?
Also, is there a way to increase the spawning of resources?
Lastly, is there a way to selectively choose City States?

I cannot seem to find the folder for the vanilla TSL Earth. In the maps folder under the YnAMP, I see the following folders:
  • GiantEarth
  • GreatestEarthMap
  • LargestEarth
  • PlayEuropeAgain
  • TerraMap
Honestly speaking, after playing on the brilliant Giant Earth map in CiV and CiVI, I never thought I would ever return to the vanilla earth especially considering the fact that it allows a maximum of 12 civilizations. However, after playing a couple of games on the Giant Earth map for CiVI, I realized that it is not currently ideal for people who prefer to play on marathon mode; the turn times are too long even though my laptop specs are above average (Core i7-6700HQ, CPU 2.60GHz, RAM 16GB). I remember that turn times were ~5 minutes at around turn 850 (without barbarians) when I was playing with 20 civilizations on the Giant Earth in CiVI; this made me disillusioned since it was not practical and ruined all the fun. Around this time, I came across your RED mod-pack for CiV so I returned to CiV and started a new game on the Giant Earth map. Using the quick turn mod, the turn time in CiV at 2500 turns was between 1:15 - 1:30 minutes on the Giant Earth map. What a difference! Unfortunately, the quick turn mod for CiVI is currently premature and unreliable.

More importantly, with the news of the Rise and Fall expansion pack coming on Feb 8, I returned to CiVI and started to test the various maps to see which ones would be best suited for marathon games with as many civilizations as possible. I readily ignored vanilla earth because of its 12 player limit. However, the vanilla TSL Earth caught my attention because it can harbor all the civilizations in a single game. I quickly noticed that the order of the civilizations (selected in the early game setup) directly influenced who settled on the TSL and who was forced to relocate nearby. Moreover, because of the size of the map, each city played the role of a state, province, or country in terms of size relative to the map region. There is still a cap on City States with a maximum of 12 CS allowed. I have no problem with that limit given the size of the map. However, I am curious to know if there is a way to select the city states you want to include in the game and somehow delete the others to prevent them from appearing in the game (keeping a backup copy of the file just in case).

Based on my early game testing, the turn times on the vanilla TSL Earth map with all the civilizations was very small and reasonable. However, because the map was originally intended for a maximum of 12 players, bonus and luxury resources are too few which translates into low amenities and hinders early expansion. Even if one can manage to get access to duplicate resources, no one else has duplicates to trade. This in turn leads me to wonder, is there a way to increase the spawning of luxury resources for the vanilla TSL Earth like all the other modded maps?

Personally, I see great potential in the vanilla TSL Earth map for the upcoming Rise and Fall expansion pack.
The map is small and allows the inclusion of all the civilizations in a single game.
Small map with +25 players means that civilizations will be constantly grappling for land giving birth to conflict.
Conflict on a small map (whether on religion or for resources) will more readily trigger the "emergencies" in the Rise and Fall expansion.
"Emergencies" have a time limit and completing the goals is expected to be easier on a smaller map (wherein it is easier to reach other civilizations and for them to reach you).

Once the CiVI Rise and Fall expansion pack is released and the TSL updated for the vanilla Earth map, I intend to play a large game with at least 25 civilizations on marathon mode.
I would be happy to inform you on the time statistics. I understand that the turn times are expected to improve down the road. Once the turn times improve (due to code optimization, mods, system enhancements, etc.), I intend to upgrade to the next viable map type for marathon mode (probably Greatest Earth Map or Giant Earth Map). In the meantime, I would like to explore alternative routes for marathon play and the vanilla TSL Earth looks very attractive and promising.

On a final note, I would like to thank you for your continuous and brilliant share of contribution towards the R.E.D. and the YnAMP mod-packs.
Your ongoing support and continuous effort is much appreciated!
Many thanks!

You need to use the worldbuilder to alter a map file like Firaxis Earth, but I can't help you more than saying that, as YnAMP use maps converted to a table in scripts and provide it's own function to place civilizations, and I've not tried to work with map files.

Can't answer for resources for the same reason.

City States can only be selected by removing all those that you don't want using a mod.

You need to use the worldbuilder to alter a map file like Firaxis Earth, but I can't help you more than saying that, as YnAMP use maps converted to a table in scripts and provide it's own function to place civilizations, and I've not tried to work with map files.

Can't answer for resources for the same reason.

City States can only be selected by removing all those that you don't want using a mod.

We should be able to change the TSL at the very least, right? I am under the impression that you are the one who added the TSL to the Firaxis Earth and removed the 12 player cap.
Does this also require the worldbuilder? If not, can you point me to the right file?
Please let me know.
Thank You.

Top Bottom