YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

The mod is not working for me. Ive downloaded into the right placed, checked "Enable Mod" on the main menu, and I still dont get the option to select the Giant Earth Map. Any tips?

Hey, would you be able to do an update to "More CS for the World" so it works?

@Gedemon

What is the vanilla value for the first turn that a barb camp can spawn a scout?

You probably already know this but just as an FYI: the turn 7 barb scout thing is a huge help to the AI settling it’s extra settler(s) very quickly at the beginning of the game. Well done!

local MAX_EVER_PLAYERS : number = 12
;

So my question is a bit off for what most people are on here for. I am basically just trying to get over the max AI in a multiplayer game.
Have NO issues getting the larger maps to work, but still capped for the AI. I changed the vars as stated by the OP, and it works for single player no problem. But with multiplayer, unable to add more, i get the RED text of an unsupported number of players or whatever.

Any help on this?

So my question is a bit off for what most people are on here for. I am basically just trying to get over the max AI in a multiplayer game.
Have NO issues getting the larger maps to work, but still capped for the AI. I changed the vars as stated by the OP, and it works for single player no problem. But with multiplayer, unable to add more, i get the RED text of an unsupported number of players or whatever.

Any help on this?
Try the Remove MP Limit mod from the addons:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ynamp-add-ons.26064/

Line 91
Code:
local MAX_EVER_PLAYERS : number = 12; -- hardwired max possible players in multiplayer, determined by how many players
then change line 1802 (they forgot to edit that one) from
Code:
g_currentMaxPlayers = math.min(MapConfiguration.GetMaxMajorPlayers(), 12);
to
Code:
g_currentMaxPlayers = math.min(MapConfiguration.GetMaxMajorPlayers(), MAX_EVER_PLAYERS);
Now the limit is dependant of the map size, note that you can just search and change every lines with g_currentMaxPlayers (that's 13 lines) to, for an extreme example, something like that if you don't want to care about the map's own limit:
Code:
g_currentMaxPlayers = 60;
Remember that when there are more civs than possible starting positions, some will not spawn on the map.

Was just writing to say "nope didn't work"
But for the heck of it i hit "ready" and it worked, even with the red text.

Thanks for the help!

edit:
Removed the mod and the text changes worked the whole time. I just never got "ready". I thought with the red text, that it wouldn't start like normal :D

hi, i done everything correctly but map is not showing on map selection when creating game. however i can select the mode. version:1.0.0.26 i tried map version of alpha 13 but it didnt work also. any help?

sorry for the stupid question. but they are noob. I can not find the earth map (standard size). It automatically gives me large that I can not change. which one should I select?

Last edited:
The game crashes while it is loading. (Screen locks).

It was installed from Steam. How can you get it to work?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but is it possible that when Mongolia gets released, even if it "Technically" starts with a Beijing Capitol it get TSL started in Inner or Outer Mongolia instead so China's with Beijing as a Capitol can still be placed?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but is it possible that when Mongolia gets released, even if it "Technically" starts with a Beijing Capitol it get TSL started in Inner or Outer Mongolia instead so China's with Beijing as a Capitol can still be placed?

Civs have alternative starting locations if they are too close to each other. Example: Egypt and Arabia start. Pericles/Gorgo/Alexander start.

What decides who gets priority over who?

Can anyone tell me the basic differences between this mod and it's add-ons, and the mod "Larger Worlds" and it's companion "Detailed Worlds"? here
I am looking for better random maps (pangaea, fractal, etc) and not ones based on our planet.

Last edited:
Kind of frustrated for just now encountering this problem, but I got to the industrial era in a game playing as China on YNAEMP with all available civs and then I was asked to pick a pantheon (Of which there is none left). I couldn't figure out how to continue the game and ended up just giving up. I later learned you can apparently Shift + Enter or Shift + Space or something to force the turn to continue, but apparently you will keep being asked to pick a pantheon every single turn. Can you possibly build in a fix for this in YNAEMP itself?

Can anyone tell me the basic differences between this mod and it's add-ons, and the mod "Larger Worlds" and it's companion "Detailed Worlds"? here
I am looking for better random maps (pangaea, fractal, etc) and not ones based on our planet.
You can use "detailed worlds" with YnAMP (latest version fix a compatibility issue with the Terra Map), but pick one of the updated version for the water resources.

"larger world" is not compatible (replace the same file)

YnAMP add some options that can be used with all map scripts, and a collection of real earth map + a terra map script.

Kind of frustrated for just now encountering this problem, but I got to the industrial era in a game playing as China on YNAEMP with all available civs and then I was asked to pick a pantheon (Of which there is none left). I couldn't figure out how to continue the game and ended up just giving up. I later learned you can apparently Shift + Enter or Shift + Space or something to force the turn to continue, but apparently you will keep being asked to pick a pantheon every single turn. Can you possibly build in a fix for this in YNAEMP itself?
No, adding more Pantheon is out of the scope of this mod, I'd suggest to use one the available mods (can't suggest one, I'm playing without religion)

No, adding more Pantheon is out of the scope of this mod, I'd suggest to use one the available mods (can't suggest one, I'm playing without religion)

I didn't mean adding more pantheons, I meant adding in a check to see if there are any available pantheons left, and if there is none then it disables that feature or something. Or creating a fixed panthon that appears after all pantheons are created that gives no bonus but just repeats itself for all other users to get.

I didn't mean adding more pantheons, I meant adding in a check to see if there are any available pantheons left, and if there is none then it disables that feature or something. Or creating a fixed panthon that appears after all pantheons are created that gives no bonus but just repeats itself for all other users to get.
try this:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ps-pack-for-civ6.602050/page-87#post-14727228

but I don't think that anyone reported it as working...

(I'm new here) I was thinking I could help this, as it's really awesome! So here are the (probable) positions of some natural wonders on the Giant Earth Map.
Fragile Arch: 135,64 and 135,63
Could also be a little up and to the right, in theory, and still be sorta accurate.
Die Matterhorn: ~16,63
Right next to Geneva, right above Milano.
Mount Roraima:
~159,36
I honestly can't find this, it's right to the north of Boa Vista, but I can't really make sense of the South American coordinates. The X is logical, sort of, but it puts Bogota right next to Boa Vista, if I'm reading it correctly, which is... inaccurate, so if someone has made a world city map like the ones of East, South and South East asia, or the Western US, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I'll try to keep posting capitals of new Civs in Rise and Fall, and Natural wonders. (Amsterdam and Seoul are already city-states, so I figure it can be easily changed to where the same coordinates are used for the capitals of The Netherlands and Korea, respectively) sorry for the long post, hope it helps!
(I didn't add it in or post code because my XML is the worst.)

Top Bottom